Around The NFL

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Marcel Dareus on contract talks with Bills: “I feel like they don’t really want me here”

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on August 21, 2015, 12:29 AM EDT
Marcel Dareus
AP
Defensive tackle Marcel Dareus is still seeking a contract extension from the Buffalo Bills as he gets set to enter the final year of his rookie contract with the team.

The Bills were hopeful of getting a deal with Dareus done prior to the start of training camp. However, an agreement has yet to be reached between the two sides.

According to Tyler Dunne of the Buffalo News, it seems Dareus is getting increasingly frustrated with the process.

“They’re making it hard,” Dareus said after Thursday night’s preseason game against the Cleveland Browns. “And it’s just really making me unhappy. I feel like they don’t really want me here.”

“We’re still waiting,” he continued. “I feel like they don’t want me here as bad as I want to be here, as bad as the fans and my team wants me here. I feel like they’re saying, ‘Whatever. You come a dime a dozen.”

Per Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, the Bills have offered over $90 million to Dareus on a six-year extension to his current deal. Using $90 million as a benchmark, the offer would mean Dareus could average just shy of $13 million a year in new money over the seven years of the contract. That would make him one of the top three highest paid 4-3 defensive tackles in the league. However, that is without any amount of the guaranteed money known from the offer.

Dareus mentioned the contract of Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh as the number he had in mind for his new contract. Suh’s contract averages an astronomical $19 million a year.

A $6 million gap would seem to be a pretty large chasm to close at this stage in negotiations. If the two sides can’t find common ground, it seems likely Dareus will be a free agent following this season.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
_gep2s4I_bigger.jpeg
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 21h21 hours ago

#49ers TE Derek Carrier was traded to #Redskins for a 5th round pick.

_gep2s4I_bigger.jpeg
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 21h21 hours ago

The #Bears and the #Saints were also in the mix for trading for TE Derek Carrier. #Redskins won out

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Marcel Dareus on contract talks with Bills: “I feel like they don’t really want me here”

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on August 21, 2015, 12:29 AM EDT
Marcel Dareus
AP
Defensive tackle Marcel Dareus is still seeking a contract extension from the Buffalo Bills as he gets set to enter the final year of his rookie contract with the team.

The Bills were hopeful of getting a deal with Dareus done prior to the start of training camp. However, an agreement has yet to be reached between the two sides.

According to Tyler Dunne of the Buffalo News, it seems Dareus is getting increasingly frustrated with the process.

“They’re making it hard,” Dareus said after Thursday night’s preseason game against the Cleveland Browns. “And it’s just really making me unhappy. I feel like they don’t really want me here.”

“We’re still waiting,” he continued. “I feel like they don’t want me here as bad as I want to be here, as bad as the fans and my team wants me here. I feel like they’re saying, ‘Whatever. You come a dime a dozen.”

Per Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, the Bills have offered over $90 million to Dareus on a six-year extension to his current deal. Using $90 million as a benchmark, the offer would mean Dareus could average just shy of $13 million a year in new money over the seven years of the contract. That would make him one of the top three highest paid 4-3 defensive tackles in the league. However, that is without any amount of the guaranteed money known from the offer.

Dareus mentioned the contract of Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh as the number he had in mind for his new contract. Suh’s contract averages an astronomical $19 million a year.

A $6 million gap would seem to be a pretty large chasm to close at this stage in negotiations. If the two sides can’t find common ground, it seems likely Dareus will be a free agent following this season.

Someone call Marcel Darius a Wah!mbulance.

They don't want you there? 90 million bucks and they don't want you there.

Unreal.

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Jordy Nelson tore his ACL. OUCH!! Huge loss.

I guess we will find out how good some to the young WRs are that they added the last couple of offseasons: Ty Montgomery, Jeff Janis, Davante Adams, Jared Abbrederis.

I am guessing Adams steps up and has a big sophomore season.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I guess we will find out how good some to the young WRs are that they added the last couple of offseasons: Ty Montgomery, Jeff Janis, Davante Adams, Jared Abbrederis.

Great move to not let Cobb go. They will be fine because they have Rodgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics

Adams just became a potential impact player in fantasy football. In real football too. :)

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
Wasn't just Jordy Nelson going down today. Maurkice Pouncey injured ankle, will need surgery. Costly game in Pitt.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/635553270606401536[/TWEET]

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This is the one every team fears in the preseason.

This is the one you pray doesn't happen to you. You know at least one team is going to lose an impact player of this magnitude, it happens every year, but you pray its not you.

Thanks for having your draft so late

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
Looks like Hoyer will be the guy to start the season in Houston -- Mallett couldn't win the job:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/635807326222483456[/TWEET]

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I hate pre-season games because of injury. I'm now hearing our stud OLB Mauldin might have torn his ACL ? How about the Panthers losing their star WR Benjamin, and yesterday losing their starting DE Frank Alexander with an ACL injury. And Jordy Nelson WR going down with the Packers is another huge blow !

Go Jets...Cyborg

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/635864300561764352[/TWEET]

I always liked Reggie Wayne, but now, he is dead to me.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Hope he's washed up
HE IS ...

If he was playing with some scrub QB the last two years you might have to wonder if he still has a big season left in him, but he was playing with one of the elite QB's in the sport, Andrew Luck, and his numbers still stunk, so the decline is real.