Around The NFL

S

sg3

So Malone beat out Weatherford for the job.

My only concern about signing him is the same reason the Giants probably cut him

A lot of years in the league and thus no doubt a very high vet min cost for a punter

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Actually Malone was also cut. I think they traded a 5th round pick for an Aussie punter

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Dockett is an interesting option......the question basically is "Is he better than Leger Douzable or Ronald Talley?"

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Sign STEVE WEATHERFORD!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sign the beast!
I think the jets initially cut him because his directional punting was not up to par with what we wanted. He gets good distance on his punts but leaves a lot of real estate for a return. He wasn't good at kicking towards the sideline. I always thought he was good though and is probably better than Quigley but like SG mentioned, if it costs more money for him than Quigley then the upgrade isn't worth it.

F

flgreen

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 29m29 minutes ago
The #Texans have released Louis Nix III per @MarkBermanFox26 and @AaronWilson_NFL. That one surprises me.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Dockett is an interesting option......the question basically is "Is he better than Leger Douzable or Ronald Talley?"

Hmm good point. I didn't think about releasing a vet for a vet. Having said that, Douzable has looked really good this preseason. I think he'd start on some teams

F

flgreen

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
The #Bills are cutting pass-rusher Quentin Groves, source said. That’s at least two edge rushers out today

F

flgreen

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
Ian Rapoport retweeted Jeff Gamber
Interesting. RT @Jeff_McLane: #Eagles are trying to trade ILB Najee Goode, according to league sources.

F

flgreen

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11s12 seconds ago
The #Cowboys are cutting DE Ben Gardner, source said. A bit of a surprise. Need edge depth.

F

flgreen

Eliot Shorr-ParksVerified account
‏@EliotShorrParks
The #Eagles have released Chris Prosinski, per source.

Johnny Unite Us

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Cuts Around The NFL

Cuts Around The NFL

Sign the beast!
I think the jets initially cut him because his directional punting was not up to par with what we wanted. He gets good distance on his punts but leaves a lot of real estate for a return. He wasn't good at kicking towards the sideline. I always thought he was good though and is probably better than Quigley but like SG mentioned, if it costs more money for him than Quigley then the upgrade isn't worth it.

The Giants were on the hook for $2.1 million the season for Weatherford, which is why they had to cut him.

Vet minimum for his years of service would cost us $575K cap hit.

Quigley is slated to make $585K.

I like Weatherford better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lounap23

Legend
Jet Fanatics
Hope not. It just means that a young person with potential loses his spot for an older vet.

Stephen Bowen - 31
Ronald Talley - 29
Leger Douzable - 29
Snacks - 26
Mo Wilkerson - 25
TJ Barnes - 25
Deon Simon - 25
S. Richardson - 24
Jordan Willaims - 22

That's the current DL.... First off I can only see one guy here that definitely isn't making the team.... and thats Williams. That leaves 8 DL. I think Deon Simon goes to the Practice Squad for sure.... Now we are down to 7 probably cutting Talley. That puts us at 6.... Can't see cutting anyone of them for Dockett.... not after an ACL injury and the fact he is 34

F

flgreen

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 19s19 seconds ago
Two members of the Idzik 12 cut today by other teams - CB Brandon Dixon (Bucs) and LB IK Enemkpali (Bills)

F

flgreen

Not about cuts but................................

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 3m3 minutes ago
Jets fans will appreciate this: Browns have dropped 10 straight season openers. Next-longest active streak: Giants (4), per @ESPNStatsInfo.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 19s19 seconds ago
Two members of the Idzik 12 cut today by other teams - CB Brandon Dixon (Bucs) and LB IK Enemkpali (Bills)

Idzik, NY's most hated person