Around The NFL

J

Jet Setter

The Iggles are KILLING their cap. Destroying it.

But they also could be hurting New England's.

They're aggressive as hell and unfortunately have many of the same needs we do. That's okay, we'll get our chance to fleece them on draft day. Use their aggressiveness against them. Hey Chip, how bad do you want Mariota? It's gonna cost you an arm and a leg.

F

flgreen

The Iggles are KILLING their cap. Destroying it.

But they also could be hurting New England's.

Birds are clearly loading up for a Super Bowl run, which kind of makes me think that maybe they already have a deal in place to get Mariota.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Suh to the dolphins for 114 million! ! This division just got real. Suh in Miami, Ryan in Buffalo, and ne.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Darrelle Revis - DB - Patriots
According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the Chiefs "haven't given up" on signing Darrelle Revis.
Kansas City was barely known to be a Revis suitor in the first place, particularly after Yahoo's Charles Robinson reported Sunday afternoon that Revis' decision would come "down to the Patriots or Jets." The Chiefs would have to make a number of adjustments to fit Revis under their cap, including reworking Alex Smith's contract and cutting both Dwayne Bowe and Tamba Hali.
Related: Chiefs

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Suh to the dolphins for 114 million! ! This division just got real. Suh in Miami, Ryan in Buffalo, and ne.

We finished last, last year...it was pretty real last year too...we were an extra bye week for teams in the AFC East in 2014.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
We finished last, last year...it was pretty real last year too...we were an extra bye week for teams in the AFC East in 2014.
Yea but finishing poorly due to a lack of talent, vs having a good team and having to match up against a Ryan defense with mario williams, suh, and ne for 6 games a year for 6 years just made this a tough division. Buffalo and Miami had been perennial duds, while we occasionally nipped at bellicheck's heels.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Yea but finishing poorly due to a lack of talent, vs having a good team and having to match up against a Ryan defense with mario williams, suh, and ne for 6 games a year for 6 years just made this a tough division. Buffalo and Miami had been perennial duds, while we occasionally nipped at bellicheck's heels.

You are what your record says you are. There is no hiding the Jets right now have the least talent in the division, by a long shot...and so far the Bills added McCoy a 26 year old RB in his prime, the Phins added Suh, a 28 year top 3 defensive players, the Pats are the Pats...and we added a 31 year old head case...

I would agree the division just got tougher, and we're not closing the gap. However, free agency hasnt truly started yet and the draft is fast approaching. There reason for hope, and maybe this team can get to 6-7 wins this year; but if I was betting on the division standings today, Id pick us to finish last again this year.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
You are what your record says you are. There is no hiding the Jets right now have the least talent in the division, by a long shot...and so far the Bills added McCoy a 26 year old RB in his prime, the Phins added Suh, a 28 year top 3 defensive players, the Pats are the Pats...and we added a 31 year old head case...

I would agree the division just got tougher, and we're not closing the gap. However, free agency hasnt truly started yet and the draft is fast approaching. There reason for hope, and maybe this team can get to 6-7 wins this year; but if I was betting on the division standings today, Id pick us to finish last again this year.
Agree, but I guess my point is just how tough this division is turning out to be.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Williams and Cro aren't flashy picks, but they do add stability to an unstable position. Same could be said for a guy like Hoyer.

Unfortunately, it may be the best the Jets can do this offseason.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Agree, but I guess my point is just how tough this division is turning out to be.

Oh, sorry. i didnt read it that way. I just meant we struggled in our division before, and as of today, we're still at the bottom looking up as Everest. I think its safe to say realistic Jets fans (both of them) should look at 2015 the way Browns fans do most year. Lets just hope to compete. The last 2 years we've just been built essentially by an incompetent fool that's left our organization on par with the Jags and raiders. Its going to take years to clean up this mess. If Mac and Bowles gets us to 8-8, they'll be up for coach and GM of the year.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Williams and Cro aren't flashy picks, but they do add stability to an unstable position. Same could be said for a guy like Hoyer.

Unfortunately, it may be the best the Jets can do this offseason.

This wasnt the offseason to have cap room...everyone does...I may have said this last offseason...

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
At first, I had high hopes, with all the cap space and a new regime. But with almost every good CB coming off the market before free agent...you know, what's that word...starts...it's not a positive sign.

The QB market wasn't great. Never is. Legit franchise QBs rarely, if ever, hit the open market, and certainly not when the Jets need one and have a ton of cap room.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Oh, sorry. i didnt read it that way. I just meant we struggled in our division before, and as of today, we're still at the bottom looking up as Everest. I think its safe to say realistic Jets fans (both of them) should look at 2015 the way Browns fans do most year. Lets just hope to compete. The last 2 years we've just been built essentially by an incompetent fool that's left our organization on par with the Jags and raiders. Its going to take years to clean up this mess. If Mac and Bowles gets us to 8-8, they'll be up for coach and GM of the year.
That shows you how much a guy like suh can change the nfl. I would be happy if the jets sent him a20 mill per offer 3.5 years gauranteed. Pair that with a decent draft and a decent secondary, and then we quickly become a monster to deal with.

Metjetgal

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics

Hopefully the Bills Qb situation continues to be bleak, the Dolphins coach continues to stink, and we find an answer at qb. Right now, it is looking bleak, however still a ways to go.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Hopefully the Bills Qb situation continues to be bleak, the Dolphins coach continues to stink, and we find an answer at qb. Right now, it is looking bleak, however still a ways to go.

There's light years to go. If Jets land Foles or Bradford, they'll even the playing field, because QB means that much in this league. If we dont get one of those 2 and go in the direction of Mariota or Hoyer/Mallet, it's in our best interest to stink again anyway because we'll be in the market for a QB in 2016 again or building around Mariota who hopefully doesnt see the field until 2016.

McJet

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
There's light years to go. If Jets land Foles or Bradford, they'll even the playing field, because QB means that much in this league. If we dont get one of those 2 and go in the direction of Mariota or Hoyer/Mallet, it's in our best interest to stink again anyway because we'll be in the market for a QB in 2016 again or building around Mariota who hopefully doesnt see the field until 2016.

I'd just as soon see Geno out there than Hoyer. Not that the Jets are better it's something about being benched by the Browns that gets me.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Devin McCourty - DB - Patriots
Patriots re-signed FS Devin McCourty to a multi-year contract.
Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Jaguars, Giants, and Eagles all made a "hard push" to lure McCourty out of Foxboro. The question now becomes whether the Patriots will be able to retain both McCourty and Darrelle Revis, the latter of whom is owed a $12 million option bonus on Monday. McCourty won't turn 28 until August and has been one of the league's most dominant center-field safeties since converting from cornerback. McCourty has eight interceptions and five forced fumbles over the past three seasons. He patrols the deep middle, is an above-average tackler, and can cover man to man when needed.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Brian Hoyer - QB - Browns
The Texans are trying to sign both Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett.
Both have a history with Texans coach Bill O'Brien from New England. They would presumably wage a three-way training camp battle against 2014 fourth-round pick Tom Savage, with Ryan Fitzpatrick getting released. Neither Hoyer nor Mallett has generated much interest elsewhere. Signing both is realistic.
Related: Texans