Around The NFL

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
uY5NlWg3_normal.png
Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 34m 34 minutes ago #Jets 1st priority right now is to pounce on Revis if Patriots give them opening. If not, that money will be quickly redirected to Skrine...

uY5NlWg3_normal.png
Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 34m 34 minutes ago
...Culliver, House or Cro along with a safety like Parker.

i just created a separate thread for Parker. The Jets seem to be after him right now from all reports. A lot of smoke between the Jets and Parker online. He's only 27 and has CB speed and safety size. A poor man's McCourty, per se, a safety that plays like a CB and has man-to-man cover skills. A lot of teams (7) hot on parker right now.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Mark Sanchez - QB - Eagles
FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports the Titans are showing "decent interest" in free agent Mark Sanchez.
It's a wonder Sanchez hasn't played for Ken Whisenhunt already. Sanchez had decent success playing for manager-and-manipulator Chip Kelly in 2014, but would be a disaster waiting to happen in Tennessee. In theory, he'd be an excellent bridge/insurance policy for second-year pro Zach Mettenberger, but the odds are extremely long he'd have success with Whiz. Whiz needs future Hall-of-Famers to have success at quarterback.
Related: Titans

Jason Worilds - LB - Steelers
The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans are interested in free agent edge rusher Jason Worilds.
Related: Titans

Brian Orakpo - LB - Redskins
The Colts will reportedly try to talk with free agent OLB Brian Orakpo.
Related: Colts
Source: Charles Robinson on Twitter

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Not hearing anything about the Jets locking up anyone of note.

WTF man, did Mac get caught napping here, did he not realize you can start locking guys up immediately?

Cause thats what other teams appear to be doing.

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics

WTF man, did Mac get caught napping here, did he not realize you can start locking guys up immediately?

Lets give him the benefit of the doubt until at least Tuesday

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Lets give him the benefit of the doubt until at least Tuesday
I was prepared to do that because frankly I didn't know teams were going to start locking up the A-list free agents before Tuesday, but with reports flying fast and furious that they are getting these guys locked up before we even get to Tuesday, I'm just wondering why we are not being linked to anyone of note?

Last year I thought Idzik got overwhelmed by the speed with which the A-list FA's flew off the board, and I hope thats not repeating itself. I don't want to panic, but last year is still extremely vivid with me.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics

Remember.....signings now..are either same team....or commitments from overpaying...so what do you want ? I wouldn't mind overpaying for the rigfht guy in their mind..but..lets see

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Remember.....signings now..are either same team....or commitments from overpaying...so what do you want ? I wouldn't mind overpaying for the rigfht guy in their mind..but..lets see
With all due respect, thats not very comforting because thats what I was hearing from Jets fans last year when day one of free agency came and went, the A-list guys were flying off the shelves, and Idzik still hadn't done a damn thing. The guys who were still defending Idzik at that point said teams were overpaying on the first day, Idzik knows what he's doing, just be patient. Unfortunately my instinct that something was amiss after day one proved all too true.

Again, I'm giving Mac the benefit of the doubt, he doesn't pay for the sins of Idzik, but I'm getting a little nervous because we have all of this cap space and there aren't a lot of guys worth spending it on, and I'm already hearing about this guy to this team and that guy to that team, and I'm not hearing anything about an A-list guy to us.

isired

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
That's true, but with the true hole being for a #1 , would your rather allocate resources to bring in another #2 , and still have to spend more to fill a hole at #1 or leave it vacant, or spend more to bring in a legit #1 CB? If you're going to address CB, and you have second-tier talent but a gap at the top, why not go after top talent?
We need to come away with 3 CBs this off season, so signing Cro, if he wants to come back on a reasonable contract, is a no brainer IMO. If he winds up being the best CB we signed, we didn't do a good job. 2nd best, we did good. 3rd best, we did great. We've got a lot of money to spend, Cro isn't going to exclude us from other big signings.

Besides, who says we currently have second tier talent at corner? I think that's optimistic, looking at the group.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics

reports are the jets will go hard after revis. problem is that revis isn't a free agent that can negotiate with other teams yet. NE still has the option on him. so if macc is waiting on revis, he can't speak to him like maxwell did with philly.

also, last i checked, macc already made a big move to upgrade the roster by trading for marshall. maybe he did that during a break from his nap...

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
The Jets aren't the only team with a ton of money. We can't just go take whomever we want. Some teams never even get into the conversation on a player. That gets confused with GM's "napping" or not being assertive enough. When in fact, the player had his sights set somewhere else. This Maxwell deal appears to be just that. He obviously didn't even want to hear any other offers.

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
I was prepared to do that because frankly I didn't know teams were going to start locking up the A-list free agents before Tuesday, but with reports flying fast and furious that they are getting these guys locked up before we even get to Tuesday, I'm just wondering why we are not being linked to anyone of note?

Last year I thought Idzik got overwhelmed by the speed with which the A-list FA's flew off the board, and I hope thats not repeating itself. I don't want to panic, but last year is still extremely vivid with me.

For all we know we do have players locked up and it just hasn't leaked. That's why I said lets see what happens Tuesday.

NYJETSDAN16

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Mark Sanchez signing back with Philly. I feel Foles to the Jets will be imminent.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago

QB Mark Sanchez is heading back to the #Eagles , source said

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Mark Sanchez signing back with Philly. I feel Foles to the Jets will be imminent.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago

QB Mark Sanchez is heading back to the #Eagles , source said

Foles is the only potential QB I see out there who'd be a big upgrade over Geno. I think Foles would play well with Marshall, Decker, and Amaro. Assuming we get our o-line straightened out.

F

flgreen

For all we know we do have players locked up and it just hasn't leaked. That's why I said lets see what happens Tuesday.

I hope your right, but the Jets are desperate for a CB or three. The only one out there I still like is Culliver. Guess i would be OK with Shrine, but still, I really had hoped for Jackson.

Guess your right all we can do is see what happens Tuesday. Hope they are not sitting around waiting for Revis. If they are Revis and Beli will probably shove it to them

NYJETSDAN16

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Foles is the only potential QB I see out there who'd be a big upgrade over Geno. I think Foles would play well with Marshall, Decker, and Amaro. Assuming we get our o-line straightened out.

I agree as well. The O-Line needs to be rebuilt at guard with possibly Iupati and i wouldn't rule out Mac making a run at Bulaga for RT. IMHO, Breno was very suspect this past season.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I think expecting the Jets to be able to land 2 or 3 top CBs is asking a bit much. They can't just pick and choose which guys they get. One legit #1 would make the unit a lot better, and two guys would be more than can reasonably hoped for.

Fortunately, the Sanchez news may help the Jets land Foles. Foles, an improved OL, this WR corps, and the RBs we have would make for a pretty solid offense.