Around The NFL

U

ucrenegade

fake twitter names are getting everyone today even worthwhile sources are falling for them

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Our new coach plays nickel defense more than any other coach in the league. Skrine is essentially a starter(not to mention that teams play three wide on a regular basis), so, yes, money well spent. A receiving te with zero blocking ability making a shade under $10 mil per year would've been a luxury.
I'm sorry that my response was a little snarky there, 51, I get real emotional about this stuff, but that was uncalled for. I see your point about Bowles using a lot of nickel and dime, I'm aware of that so I know its true, but I still think this money would have been much better spent on a real difference maker like Julius Thomas.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm sorry that my response was a little snarky there, 51, I get real emotional about this stuff, but that was uncalled for. I see your point about Bowles using a lot of nickel and dime, I'm aware of that so I know its true, but I still think this money would have been much better spent on a real difference maker like Julius Thomas.

Who's the qb going to be? With Marshall(and his rep for always wanting the rock), Decker, Kerley, and Amaro, there isn't much to go around.

F

flgreen

Buster Skrine to sign with Jets
Updated: March 10, 2015, 4:45 PM ET
By Rich Cimini | ESPN.com
8325COMMENTS17EMAILPRINT
Plagued last season by poor cornerback play, the New York Jets opened free agency Tuesday by signing former Cleveland Browns corner Buster Skrine, a league source confirmed.

Skrine, a two-year starter for the Browns, will receive a four-year, $25 million contract, including $13 million in guarantees, the source said.

The Jets still hope to make a big splash by signing free agent Darrelle Revis. Going into free agency, the Jets had no healthy starting corners. Former No. 1 pick Dee Milliner is recovering from Achilles' tendon surgery and likely won't be ready until training camp.

Skrine, 25, earned a lot of respect while with the Cleveland Browns because of the way he competes and the fact that he improved every season.

Though not a No. 1 corner, Skrine is a hard-working, dependable second or third corner.

Skrine broke up 49 passes in four season seasons, but had just four interceptions in 2014 while ranking second overall in penalties with 15 (11 accepted). That ranking was partly due to the increased emphasis on illegal contact, as four of the six most-penalized players in the league were cornerbacks.

Pro Football Focus reported teams completed 61.5 percent of the passes thrown Skrine's way, and that he was responsible for eight touchdowns.

ESPN.com Browns reporter Pat McManamon contributed to this report

U

ucrenegade

Matt Ordazzo retweeted
New York Sports 212 ‏@nysports212 3m3 minutes ago

RUMOR: Saints are fielding offers for QB Drew Brees....if accurate the Browns look like the front runners #saints #Browns #NFLFreeAgency
0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Though not a No. 1 corner, Skrine is a hard-working, dependable second or third corner.

Skrine broke up 49 passes in four season seasons, but had just four interceptions in 2014 while ranking second overall in penalties with 15 (11 accepted). That ranking was partly due to the increased emphasis on illegal contact, as four of the six most-penalized players in the league were cornerbacks.

Pro Football Focus reported teams completed 61.5 percent of the passes thrown Skrine's way, and that he was responsible for eight touchdowns.
Awesome.