Around The NFL

F

flgreen

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets
Follow
Worth noting: #Jets haven't released Percy Harvin yet. Still on the roster and still have until 3/19 to make official decision
2:53 PM - 7 Mar 2015

LIJETFAN

G ~ Mod
Jet Fanatics
Torrey Smith Confirmed on ESPN as well. At this point, I would consider ESPN and NFL Network as the most reliable sources for information.

U

ucrenegade

Connor Hughes ‏@Connor_J_Hughes 16s17 seconds ago

The Baltimore Ravens have entered the Antonio Cromartie sweepstakes, per source.

U

ucrenegade

NYJetsReport ‏@NYJetsReport 41s42 seconds ago

The Jets are meeting with DB Marcus Gilchrist tonight and tomorrow. There is mutual interest #nyj

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 22s22 seconds ago

NFL sent memos to specific teams today, telling them to hold on to phone records; investigating agreements announced in three-day window.
As I said this morning, I'm sure teams that were playing by the rules, and I mean letter and spirit of the law, apparently like us, are furious that some teams didn't and it came back to F them, big-time.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This is so fucked up....I'm so pissed at our " new regime "
I loved the Marshall move and thought we were going at it
Revis, really .....fuck him too
No funking QB = we suck no matter what we do
Ahhhh fuck it same old same old
Sorry for the cursing I'm pissed we didn't get Foles

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
This is so fucked up....I'm so pissed at our " new regime "
I loved the Marshall move and thought we were going at it
Revis, really .....fuck him too
No funking QB = we suck no matter what we do
Ahhhh fuck it same old same old
Sorry for the cursing I'm pissed we didn't get Foles
Relax Bigmoe (me telling someone to relax LOL), but we're going for Mariota, I'm sure of it.

U

ucrenegade

New York Jets retweeted
Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 31s32 seconds ago

Per source: the #Jets are making "a strong" push to sign for Revis and they won't address any other CB deals until his situation is clear

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Relax Bigmoe (me telling someone to relax LOL), but we're going for Mariota, I'm sure of it.

Oh man , now it's down to the draft
I really hope so...hope your right
I can't relax...time for a few shots. And I mean a " few "
LGR

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Another small CB not my preference but I still have faith in Bowles.
Gilchrist would be brought in to start at FS, I'm pretty sure about it, and he's been playing Safety and Nickel in the NFL, so its not new to him. I actually wouldn't mind bringing him in because he's only 25 and we need a starting free safety. I also see what the Jets are doing here, BIG PICTURE, if they sign Gilchrist after signing Skrine. They are trying to add youth and speed to the secondary, Revis excluded, and they are meeting that objective with both players. Skrine clocked in the 4.3's and reportedly ran in the 4.2's when he came out for the draft, and Gilchrist is a solid 4.4's guy, and both in their mid 20's. I didn't love the money we gave Skrine, IMO he was over-paid, but I see what the Jets are doing from a big picture POV and its not a bad idea. As 51 correctly pointed out, Bowles plays a ton of Nickel & Dime, probably more than any other coach in the league, so he wants youth, athleticism and speed in the secondary.

F

flgreen

profile photo
Manish Mehta 7m
Source confirms that safety Marcus Gilchrist is visiting the Jets tonight & tomorrow (As @RapSheet said) #nyj
Beat Writer / Columnist