Around The NFL

F

flgreen

At this point there's really no downside to waiting, the A-list FA's are already gone, there's nobody left worth that one big mega deal we can afford. We probably could have had more than one, but now we're pretty much down to one.

Its unfortunate Woody had an epiphany and became obsessed with bringing back Revis, but thats where we are so we might as well play the hand we've been dealt.

Isn't Culliver still out there? Not a bad player at all

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Isn't Culliver still out there? Not a bad player at all
Yeah he's out there, but he's not an A-list FA, he's the next tier and I'm not interested in spending top dollar on another second tier guy unless we have too. We had 50+ million is cap space, we gotta come away with a least one A-LIST FA from this thing, otherwise its an unmitigated disaster.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
IMO, the "A" list free agents all received the franchise tag outside of Suh and Revis. Maxwell has never been a #1 cb before and McCourty/Hughes stayed with their respective teams. It's rare to see a true "A" list player reach the market. Just because (x) player is the best of a certain free agent class, doesn't make him an "A" talent(see Mike Wallace a couple of years ago when Miami won march).

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
IMO, the "A" list free agents all received the franchise tag outside of Suh and Revis.
And Julius Thomas & DeMarco Murray, two of the top players in the sport at their respective positions, both in their prime.

... and it looks like Jacksonville is getting the both of them.

F

flgreen

Yeah he's out there, but he's not an A-list FA, he's the next tier and I'm not interested in spending top dollar on another second tier guy unless we have too. We had 50+ million is cap space, we gotta come away with a least one A-LIST FA from this thing, otherwise its an unmitigated disaster.

Ham in all honesty there were no A list FA CB's out there this year. Maxwell was OK, but he's surely not a top 10 CB. He was way over paid at 10.5. IMO Jackson is better and he got 8.5. Not top 10 either

F

flgreen

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora · 1m1 minute ago
Revis's reps have told teams they have $48M for 3yrs on the table now, with $40M guaranteed. My sense if that is from the Jets...

U

ucrenegade

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 29s30 seconds ago

LB JT Thomas to the Giants 3 years $12 million $4.5 fully guaranteed

U

ucrenegade

Will ‏@gillies9 1m1 minute ago

“@Steiny31: Despite re-signing Bilal Powell today, the #Jets have interest in former Redskins RB Roy Helu Jr. #nyj ” luv this move!!

F

flgreen

Revis's reps have told teams they have $48M for 3yrs on the table now, with $40M guaranteed. My sense if that is from the Jets...

Well that's the 16 he's been crying for with 40 guaranteed. If he doesn't tke it in a few hours I walk away

F

flgreen

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter
Follow
Colts officially announced deal for former 49ers/Eagles RB Frank Gore. It includes $8.5 million guaranteed.
6:09 PM - 10 Mar 2015

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I can't believe we're letting this greedy SOB shop our offer. Other teams make a mega offer and say sign it or F.U., but this is the position we put ourselves in, this is what happens when you put all of your eggs in one basket. We are at the mercy of the greediest SOB in the sport, bar none, and he is gonna squeeze every last nickel out of this thing.

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Just hope this Revis thing doesn't take forever. You know he's just going to exhaust every possible way to stay in NE. I'd get Culliver and a bunch of decent whomever's with the money you saved. However, it sounds like Woody has a woody for Revis and he's going all out. If they sign him all is forgiven I guess.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
If the Patriots really offered him guarantees in the mid thirties and he's trying to squeeze a few million more out of them, that is sad.

J

Jet Setter

Will ‏@gillies9 1m1 minute ago

“@Steiny31: Despite re-signing Bilal Powell today, the #Jets have interest in former Redskins RB Roy Helu Jr. #nyj ” luv this move!!

Yeah, this would be a real nice complement to our backs. No need to spend a draft pick on one.

U

ucrenegade

well unlike the jets revis is not holding me captive i need to go do something else covered the first 2.5 hours of fa.........keep on it people

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Just hope this Revis thing doesn't take forever.
Revis is going to play this bidding war until the last dog dies and every last cent has been extracted from every team that wants to play, then he will go to the highest bidder, because thats his real Super Bowl and he learned that from Uncle Sean. The other SB, the one he just won in NE, thats gravy, the real Super Bowl is played at the negotiating table.