Becton hurt....again

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I should clarify that in my post, when I said to trade "him" for Teven Jenkins, I meant Mims, not Becton.

So, if there is the cap space to do so, why not both sign Duane Brown and trade for Teven Jenkins? The more depth at OT, the better.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I’ve got nothing personal against Mekhi Becton. I don’t know him. For all I know he’s a genuinely good person.

But he can’t stay on the field. He was drafted with the 11th overall pick to be a franchise Tackle. He fractured his knee cap on a very standard pass rush move from JFM. He went down like a ton of bricks. (Watch the video). This kid is clearly not durable. We’ve got to turn the page. It’s a tough business, but the Jets can’t wait on Becton anymore.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I should clarify that in my post, when I said to trade "him" for Teven Jenkins, I meant Mims, not Becton.

So, if there is the cap space to do so, why not both sign Duane Brown and trade for Teven Jenkins? The more depth at OT, the better.

I wonder what the story on Jenkins is. He was highly touted coming out of college, but he hasn’t been able to win the starting job in Chicago. Still, the Jets have a big need at RT and even swing tackle, so I wouldn’t be opposed to trading out of a position of strength to improve it. If someone wants Mims and is willing to give up a decent tackle, I make that move yesterday. And like you said, still sign Duane Brown. That would solidify the line.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I wonder what the story on Jenkins is. He was highly touted coming out of college, but he hasn’t been able to win the starting job in Chicago. Still, the Jets have a big need at RT and even swing tackle, so I wouldn’t be opposed to trading out of a position of strength to improve it. If someone wants Mims and is willing to give up a decent tackle, I make that move yesterday. And like you said, still sign Duane Brown. That would solidify the line.

I have heard he hasn't meshed well with the new coaches, including his position coach. I think he has also been missing some practices with a bad back.

One other name that has come up has been Andre Dillard. With JD's relationship with Philly, this is another potential OT to consider.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I have heard he hasn't meshed well with the new coaches, including his position coach. I think he has also been missing some practices with a bad back.

One other name that has come up has been Andre Dillard. With JD's relationship with Philly, this is another potential OT to consider.

Admittedly I was high on Dillard when he was in college but truth be known he hasn't come close to living up to that moment. I would perfer they go after Daryl Williams who, as far as I know, is still an available free agent who played well for the Bills for two seasons and also sign Brown if we have the cap space to do it without killing our budget.