Becton hurt....again

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I wonder if the Ravens feel about Ronnie Stanley the way Jets fans feel about Becton.
Even if it’s only posturing I love what coach Saleah had to say about Becton, his injury and his possible future with my Jets.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This is of no surprise! As hopeful as we all wanted to be about this, including me, I knew this would be the case. I believe we all did! Back to the drawing board.
Now after this recovery it will be time to worry about him rupturing his Achilles

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't know if anyone on this forum is bashing JD for that. But with Becton busting, it would become a horrible draft. And so, even though Saleh has been openly critical of Becton at times, I think Becton gets a lot more leeway than normal because he's potentially the difference between a successful and failed draft.

He does deserve criticism for that draft. Since then, he has drafted well, especially this year, so it seems like an upward progression. But that Douglas/Gase draft was a disaster.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Are you checking off the boxes of all possible leg injuries?
Later
No not really. I have just noticed a certain pattern when it comes to these types of things in all sports. It happened with our very own Lawson, it happened with the Ravens Stanley and it happened with the Warriors Clay Thompson all recently.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
No not really. I have just noticed a certain pattern when it comes to these types of things in all sports. It happened with our very own Lawson, it happened with the Ravens Stanley and it happened with the Warriors Clay Thompson all recently.
achilles injuries (in sports) are becoming less random??

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Now after this recovery it will be time to worry about him rupturing his Achilles
Or his toe or his eye lash. As talented as the dude is and he is as talented as they come, he’s injury prone and that’s probably because he weighs so much. If he was at the 330-340 weight and that may still be to big for most guys but if he was around that size he’d most likely be a 3-time all pro right now!

Last edited:

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
As dominant he looked at times in his rookie year, he has missed so much time. Even the rookie year, he was in and out of the lineup. This injury might not end his career, but his eating habits will.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
hopefully Benton can live the rest of his life on what he’s made so far
$$$$$$
18.5 million guaranteed in contract
Depends if he joins up with Marie Osmond “Nutrisystem”
And doesn’t eat himself I to the poor house
19 mil ?
More than us working stiffs are going to make for a few years of non contribution
I don’t feel sorry

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
$$$$$$
18.5 million guaranteed in contract
Depends if he joins up with Marie Osmond “Nutrisystem”
And doesn’t eat himself I to the poor house
19 mil ?
More than us working stiffs are going to make for a few years of non contribution
I don’t feel sorry
Nope. Sounds like he is a very lucky dude for sure. Didn't realize there was that much guaranteed. If I don't work or get hurt, I don't make any money. Self employment not like nfl at all

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
He does deserve criticism for that draft. Since then, he has drafted well, especially this year, so it seems like an upward progression. But that Douglas/Gase draft was a disaster.

Bryce Hall was a great pick in round 5. Mann in the 6th was ok. And if Mims can pull through this year with anything of value, the draft goes from “hot garbage” to “not good”

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
SE How can we rate this year now?

It is difficult to rate a draft this early. But from all expectations going into it, if you looked at what the Jets got, I think most pundits and most teams would say they did well for themselves. Proof is indeed in the pudding, but on the surface, it was a good draft.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
It is difficult to rate a draft this early. But from all expectations going into it, if you looked at what the Jets got, I think most pundits and most teams would say they did well for themselves. Proof is indeed in the pudding, but on the surface, it was a good draft.
from the outside looking in this draft could be historic, IMHO..

Last edited:

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Just positing an idea: Before Becton was hurt, the Jets were tied to Duane Brown. Also, before Becton got hurt, there had been whispers that if the Jets were going to deal Mims, they might trade him to Chicago for Teven Jenkins.

Now that Becton went down for the season, why not do both? If Mims has not truly earned a spot, swing a deal like that.