Becton hurt....again

Northlaker

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
As said - the fact Becton rehabbed last football season and then during the off season on his own(which the team was NOT happy about), and by all accounts has been overweight - is all you need to know about Becton's character(and IQ). A team just can NOT expend premium draft capital on these types of "characters"(which falls 100% on Douglas).

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
As said - the fact Becton rehabbed last football season and then during the off season on his own(which the team was NOT happy about), and by all accounts has been overweight - is all you need to know about Becton's character(and IQ). A team just can NOT expend premium draft capital on these types of "characters"(which falls 100% on Douglas).
douglas swung & missed on becton hell, that draft as well..

on a side note, are you not encouraged by the '22 draft??

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
Just positing an idea: Before Becton was hurt, the Jets were tied to Duane Brown. Also, before Becton got hurt, there had been whispers that if the Jets were going to deal Mims, they might trade him to Chicago for Teven Jenkins.

Now that Becton went down for the season, why not do both? If Mims has not truly earned a spot, swing a deal like that.
Maybe Becton's value dropped too much.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
$$$$$$
18.5 million guaranteed in contract
Depends if he joins up with Marie Osmond “Nutrisystem”
And doesn’t eat himself I to the poor house
19 mil ?
More than us working stiffs are going to make for a few years of non contribution
I don’t feel sorry
Truer words have never been said before

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Just positing an idea: Before Becton was hurt, the Jets were tied to Duane Brown. Also, before Becton got hurt, there had been whispers that if the Jets were going to deal Mims, they might trade him to Chicago for Teven Jenkins.

Now that Becton went down for the season, why not do both? If Mims has not truly earned a spot, swing a deal like that.
Whispers. At least not the dman

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
An avulsion fracture of the kneecap, end of the season.

Well at least it was a waste of a #1 due to injury rather than outright sucking

In case you are concerned that you'll never see this guy again, worry not, he'll be on "My 650 Lb Life" in a few years

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Mm

Doesn’t matter because once he gets healthy someone’s gonna offer him a contract . He’s young and he has talent.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
How is it so easy to speak, post or type so disparagingly about this young man based on speculation.
The young man got injured . He’s not the 1st and he’s not going to be the last athlete to get injured unfortunately playing this game or any other sport for that matter .
I get that folks are disappointed but where’s the compassion for this kid ? This is sad .

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
How is it so easy to speak, post or type so disparagingly about this young man based on speculation.
The young man got injured . He’s not the 1st and he’s not going to be the last athlete to get injured unfortunately playing this game or any other sport for that matter .
I get that folks are disappointed but where’s the compassion for this kid ? This is sad .
It's not like GVR rolled up on his leg. He really didn't take good enough care of himself. And he tried to cover it up by wearing a girdle or spanx or whatever. Whether or not this contributed is a debatable point. But he had HOF talent and may never play another play another snap. It's hard to have compassion when you feel like he brought it upon himself.

Also regarding compassion:
Nobody here wished for any of this to happen.
Everyone here wishes he can return to rookie season form and mature.
Everyone here wishes he can stay healthy.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Well I will say this about Becton. The injuries are unfortunate, but sometimes you get injured because of your weight. Sometimes because of your conditioning. And sometimes bad luck. I believe this rollercoaster started last year when he wasn’t where he needed to be. Got plantar fasciitis which skinny people get as well, but when you are fat and his size it’s worse. Then he has an unfortunate injury. Then he was extremely out of shape and by all accounts got fat. Then wasn’t completely ready at beginning of camp. I think the current injury was a combo of bad luck and his overall size. Might have still happened if he was 330, but probably less severe. I’m not trying to bash him even though I believe it’s his fault for not being in shape.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
personally my disappointment in becton is he clearly doesn't take his craft as seriously as his teammates.. he's a bullshitter.. full stop..

& no, i don't believe he took his rehab seriously & i also believe he starved himself after mini camp trying to finally cut weight..

i also believe him getting his knee blown up again was a direct result of him not putting in the necessary work to be ready for his profession..

i feel bad for his teammates because he was being counted on but didn't give a shit about that responsibility..