Becton hurt....again

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
I have a feeling Becton has a low pain tolerance and his knee buckled a bit. This may be nothing serious and he may have overreacted at bit, which is justifiable. With the knee being stable, it may be a mid grade sprain. Still gotta sign Brown though….. we have too many good weapons to be derailed by an injury to a RT… JD will come thru
he showed as much regularly his rookie season.....

i'm done with becton.. i've seen enough..

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
I understand exactly where Joe D was coming from when he drafted Becton. With that type of size, athleticism and talent he had/has the potential to be in all world tackle. Problem with that is because of his size injuries were pretty much a no-brainer. It is almost impossible for a man that size playing that type of position to not get injured on a regular basis. I won’t hold it against Joe D because he had the right frame of mind on the Becton draft pick. It just hasn’t worked out.

We all saw it in him, his potential and production on the field as a rookie. What he can do on the field is amazing. If he could only stay healthy but the big question is if??? Becton could’ve been a 10 to 15 year all-pro every year and a future first ballot Hall of Famer. Problem is with his size he’s just not able to do it and it doesn’t appear he ever will be. So I guess we just have to trump this season up to a total lose for him or at least being down for half the season. Such a damn shame!

Let’s sign or trade for somebody else or see what we have within a roster and just go from there.

Last edited:

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I have a feeling Becton has a low pain tolerance and his knee buckled a bit. This may be nothing serious and he may have overreacted at bit, which is justifiable. With the knee being stable, it may be a mid grade sprain. Still gotta sign Brown though….. we have too many good weapons to be derailed by an injury to a RT… JD will come thru ….
This is just my opinion, but even if this is a minor injury he has zero chance of staying healthy for an entire season.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
i'm a big a douglas guy..

the '20 draft has been a debacle..
Yea I was hoping Joe D was the guy
Never had complete faith
But that’s cause I’m skeptical of anything the Jets do
Learned that through my 50 year tenure
. My confidence can only take so many hits.
That’s how I feel now about the entire team

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Wait. This is turning into a Joe D sucks thread? Lol Jet fans are amazing.

Hindsight is 20/20 isn’t it? Everyone praised the Becton pick when it was made. Everyone praised the Denzel Mims pick when it was made. All the football smart guys who cover drafts said they were sure things.

So if JD sucks, so does Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, and every other scout and expert.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
We don’t yet know the severity of the injury but Becton is a waste and Joe Douglas is a bum . .

The Baltimore Ravens haven’t had their starting LT in 3 years and I wonder if they fans react similarly towards Stanley and their GM .
Even if Becton is done for the year yet again I would welcome him back in 2023 even after drafting yet another 1st round OT .