Becton hurt....again

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Hindsight is 20/20 isn’t it? Everyone praised the Becton pick when it was made. Everyone praised the Denzel Mims pick when it was made. All the football smart guys who cover drafts said they were sure things.

So if JD sucks, so does Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, and every other scout and expert.
Maybe they all suck

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
And not to toot my own horn, but I raised questions about his body structure and more specifically the way his knees dive in. He is done as an NFL player in my opinion.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Oh my
Here go those Jet fans again
They tuned on
Idzik
Mac
The Sanchize
Turned on Geno
Sam had no support
The list goes on
Where’s your patience?
My patience runs out
Oct 31
Hopefully not sooner

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Oh you ole timers are just doom and gloom

Well ........???

Come on the future is bright !!!!!
Ok show me in a month or so

By the way I bet the Jets to win the division

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Oh my
Here go those Jet fans again
They tuned on
Idzik
Mac
The Sanchize
Turned on Geno
Sam had no support
The list goes on
Where’s your patience?
My patience runs out
Oct 31
Hopefully n
It is what it is. I feel bad for the young man .

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Maybe they all suck

There is a segment of the Jets fan base that will never be happy with any GM, HC, or
“Fill in the blank”. Miserable Jets fans going all “woe is us” whenever anything bad happens.

If Douglas had taken Wirfs at the time, some people would’ve murdered him. But because we all have the luxury of hindsight, we can say he sucks. As if we’re better evaluators of talent.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
There is a segment of the Jets fan base that will never be happy with any GM, HC, or
“Fill in the blank”. Miserable Jets fans going all “woe is us” whenever anything bad happens.
Blahahaha!!!!!!
I knew that one was coming !!!!

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

If Douglas had taken Wirfs at the time, some people would’ve murdered him. But because we all have the luxury of hindsight, we can say he sucks. As if we’re better evaluators of talent.
I'm not saying JD sucks, but I did want him to draft Wirfs. JD has to fix this problem soon and I do believe he has tried because he knew Becton was never going to make it a whole season.

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Fractured knee cap…… and possible patella. He is done for this year. Brown is a LT, I still say sign and move Fant to RT. I don’t know who else is out there that is a specific RT.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Fractured knee cap…… and possible patella. He is done for this year. Brown is a LT, I still say sign and move Fant to RT. I don’t know who else is out there that is a specific RT.

Here are the 3 possibilities I see:

1. Sign LT Brown. Move Fant to RT

2. Slide AVT to RT and have a competition at RG between Herbig, Feeney and the journeyman we signed today.

3. JD is on the phone offering 2023 draft capital for a quality RT.

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Like #1
Hate #2
Doubt #3. JD likes his draft capital….
4…. Maybe Jason Peters ??????? Or Bulaga ????? Not sure if either can still play……

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
He's too effing heavy. Posing for a pic while walking into camp, wearing spanx or a girdle doesn't really hide it. Even though Saleh has been critical of Becton, I feel like the team puts up with him more than they should because Becton busting would mean that JDs first draft was a failure.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
He's too effing heavy. Posing for a pic while walking into camp, wearing spanx or a girdle doesn't really hide it. Even though Saleh has been critical of Becton, I feel like the team puts up with him more than they should because Becton busting would mean that JDs first draft was a failure.
Dude should have lost about 60 pounds this past entire year. He should have come in at 340-350 max this year. If he would have done that, he probably wouldn’t be in this position right now. SMDH!!!

Northlaker

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
The first thing any doctor tells a patient with knee issues is to lose weigh. In addition to being obviously way overweight, Becton is(most respectfully) a flat out moron - by insisting on rehabbing on his OWN last year and during this past off season.

He is a dog mentally who because of this - should have never been drafted as high as he was(which it seems pre-draft due diligence should have uncovered). This is what happens when you draft on need(as in Jet's case with Becton)over just taking the best player available.

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
ok so now that some whining is out of people - let's get down to moving forward again - who can they realistically expect to find available? Moving Fant to RT would seem to doom 2 positions as he did not play on that side as well as the left. Edoga sucks so that is not an answer.

Is Bryce Hall an expendable trade piece for Tackle help now that the primary CBs are Whitehead and Sauce?

Let's be honest - who actually saw Becton playing 17 games? A viable backup option was and has been needed all along. It hasn't felt right since they went CB and not T with first pick...and from that moment on the 2022 season was counting on damaged goods to hold up. No time to cry about the draft - Jets needed far more than just one position so some patience is still needed here........................BUT...........they cannot put the franchise QB in jeopardy with the likes of McDermott and Edoga..........they will acquire someone......it's only a matter of who and for how much to pay in both money and talent/draft pick(s).

So I ask - who are the most available candidates from both FA and another roster?