Breaking Jets QB Zach Wilson Suffers Injury Out 2 to 4 weeks

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
a different time that ain't coming back.....

didn't know about this but it gives me even more appreciation for namath's toughness..
Oh he was tough alright
That’s why I’m still a Jet fan 50 later
If Brady or the Manning bros played in this era they would never have made it
“ I guarantee it !!!’
I couldn’t resist

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
a different time that ain't coming back.....

didn't know about this but it gives me even more appreciation for namath's toughness..
The Raiders under Al Davis was always a "Just Win, Baby" mantra, and they played on the fringe of rough to plain illegal dirty. "Stick 'em " from Lester "The Molester" Hayes to eye poking. The early AFL had many bump and run penalties.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
i like this kid's show he knows his stuff & he does his homework.. i actually already watched this video & thought oleary's take was pretty hyperbolic honestly.. i read most of almost all 40 something comments & i'd say over 95% agreed wilson development won't be stunted by flacco playing until he loses..

douglas & saleh love talking about building the right culture for your team.. you're not fooling your players when you don't start the QB on the roster that gives them the best chance to win ball games.. especially if he's rolling at this point in the scenario.. you split locker rooms like that.. full stop..

BTW, good bad right or wrong if wilson scoots out of bounds after a nice pickup (in the pre season) this topic isn't a thing.. but it is now.....

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
The Raiders under Al Davis was always a "Just Win, Baby" mantra, and they played on the fringe of rough to plain illegal dirty. "Stick 'em " from Lester "The Molester" Hayes to eye poking. The early AFL had many bump and run penalties.
The difference between the early AFL and the establishment NFL was the defense. A typical AFL score back in the day, Houston Oilers 51, Kansas City 47.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
i like this kid's show he knows his stuff & he does his homework.. i actually already watched this video & thought oleary's take was pretty hyperbolic honestly.. i read most of almost all 40 something comments & i'd say over 95% agreed wilson development won't be stunted by flacco playing until he loses..

douglas & saleh love talking about building the right culture for your team.. you're not fooling your players when you don't start the QB on the roster that gives them the best chance to win ball games.. especially if he's rolling at this point in the scenario.. you split locker rooms like that.. full stop..

BTW, good bad right or wrong if wilson scoots out of bounds after a nice pickup (in the pre season) this topic isn't a thing.. but it is now.....
I can’t argue your last paragraph not one bit sir!!! You hit it dead on the nail with that one!

Last edited:

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics

I think many are too critical of Wilson, implying that he somehow caused his injury by playing in pre-season. Running and sliding are very ordinary acts. It's not like he got hit by someone. And had he scooted out of bounds, the injury probably