Breaking Jets QB Zach Wilson Suffers Injury Out 2 to 4 weeks

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Are you serious??? In a few years Wilson may be better for the team. In a few years if he isn’t truly better, he will be gone and so will Joe-D and Saleh. Teams don’t draft QBs anymore to ride the bench for 3 plus years.

The last QB that happen with was A. Rodgers and that’s only because he was behind Favre and they didn’t want to disrespect Farve. It didn’t appear that Rodgers wasn’t ready, they just didn’t want to disrespect Brett but that changed after about 2-years. They then pushed him out the door.

Point being is teams don’t have that kind of time anymore or they don’t think they do. Wilson has to play now (as long as he’s healthy) and he has to play well if they all want to keep their jobs. Zach gets the rookie year as a free-bee. This and next year he has to show major improvement or it’s time to move on. At least SERIOUSLY consider it!

No one cares about old ass Joe Flacco winning anything with this team. Unless it’s going to be a Super Bowl, like immediately and we all know that’s not going to happen. So why bother!!!
Everyone thought Testaverde was a waste of time, but winning is all the team wants. If the team is rolling, then ride the hot hand. I have huge doubts about Wilson and now he is injury prone. And to be honest, I'm not sure the players care if Zach is playing. Flacco will help the young playmakers grow up. Zach would not. If Flacco sucks then bring back Zach to see if he is worth the investment.

Last edited:

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
To compare Flacco to Vinny T is sorta funny. I just don’t see it. Yes Flacco won a Super Bowl but correct me if I’m wrong, the Ravens carried him through that entire season pretty much. Flacco doesn’t have the talent that Vinny T had. Vinny had a monster Jets team around him but he more than held his own that year. This just isn’t the case with Flacco IMO!

To each him own though, to each his own!!!
And you might be right, but I for one wants to see Flacco light it up. If we make a run like the '98 Jets I wouldn't give one shit about Wilson's development.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
And you might be right, but I for one wants to see Flacco light it up. If we make a run like the '98 Jets I wouldn't give one shit about Wilson's development.
wilson put his own development at risk by sticking with the "hero ball" approach after an awful pick in 2 series..

& yes, i know that might sound harsh but here (jet youtubers as well) banged the drum about the growth shown taking care of the ball in the last 5 games.....

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Flacco is 0-5 as Jets starting QB, but he had 8 TD's and 3 INT's. Those are decent enough numbers that fans would be saying Wilson is making progress. We have a better OL. Better GM. Better playmakers. Maybe better coaches. Now Flacco has 4 weeks with the 1st team.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
IIRC, the Ravens won that SB with solid defense, two picks and a run back kick.
Flacco just didn't do anything to screw them up.
Later
Agreed. I put Flacco in the Fitzmagic, McGown class of QBs. Good football sense, team first guy, good teammate, and will take one for the team.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Everyone thought Testaverde was a waste of time, but winning is all the team wants. If the team is rolling, then ride the hot hand. I have huge doubts about Wilson and now he is injury prone. And to be honest, I'm not sure the players care if Zach is playing. Flacco will help the young playmakers grow up. Zach would not. If Flacco sucks then bring back Zach to see if he is worth the investment.
I agree

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Rah, Rah, Rah, eff him. eff her. We're going to the SuperBowl!!!! Now let reality sink in. We have a very tough schedule. Our starting QB is out for a short time and is still unproven. We have a young up and coming strong football team, maybe a year or two from a SuperBowl contender. Just maybe we will be a Cinderella team this year. I doubt it. Not with our schedule, but it's possible.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Rah, Rah, Rah, eff him. eff her. We're going to the SuperBowl!!!! Now let reality sink in. We have a very tough schedule. Our starting QB is out for a short time and is still unproven. We have a young up and coming strong football team, maybe a year or two from a SuperBowl contender. Just maybe we will be a Cinderella team this year. I doubt it. Not with our schedule, but it's possible.
Someone once told me that if you tell yourself that you’re a loser long enough, pretty soon you start believing it and find ways to prove it .
I wonder if that’s true .

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
If and only if Flacco or White can take the Jets to a Super Bowl or AFC championship at the worst this will count. Otherwise nothing they do will really matter. The Jets can go 5-12 or 7-10 with Wilson. So if that’s what their going to do with Flacco or White and that’s more likely the case, then what have we really accomplished.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Someone once told me that if you tell yourself that you’re a loser long enough, pretty soon you start believing it and find ways to prove it .
I wonder if that’s true .
During the 1968 season, every time I thought of the Jets, I would think "The Jets are the best team in pro football." Sometimes, I would say it out loud to myself.
It worked out. SB III showed I was right.
Unfortunately, it hasn't worked since then.
Later

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If and only if Flacco or White can take the Jets to a Super Bowl or AFC championship at the worst this will count. Otherwise nothing they do will really matter. The Jets can go 5-12 or 7-10 with Wilson. So if that’s what their going to do with Flacco or White and that’s more likely the case, then what have we really accomplished.
If Wilson is healthy, he gets the chance to prove himself. If the Jets are rolling with Flacco, then he gets to wait until they aren't.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Should we try this on Becton about his weight
FWIW, I don’t think it was Becton’s weight that caused his injury as much as it was asking a kid who rehabbed from a knee injury to switch positions and push off the wrong leg .
I watched that kid’s videos that they put out and he was training to start at LT because he probably thought that he would get the chance to fight for the position and believed he would win that competition. He showed up for mandatory camp and viola he’s told he’s the RT .
It’s an adjustment, and it’s not an easy one if you’re worried about your knee .

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
to many supposed quality pieces added to the D for me not to point to ulbrich 1st if poor play carries over into year 2..

i'll add saleh I
MHO, does not have the luxury of watching his D looking like a shit show.. again..
I agree.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
FWIW, I don’t think it was Becton’s weight that caused his injury as much as it was asking a kid who rehabbed from a knee injury to switch positions and push off the wrong leg .
I watched that kid’s videos that they put out and he was training to start at LT because he probably thought that he would get the chance to fight for the position and believed he would win that competition. He showed up for mandatory camp and viola he’s told he’s the RT .
It’s an adjustment, and it’s not an easy one if you’re worried about your knee .
Some of this may be true, but Becton’s weight is and was a huge problem and will be forever.