Breaking Jets QB Zach Wilson Suffers Injury Out 2 to 4 weeks

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
I think right now this team is better with Flacco than Wilson. In a few years, Wilson could be better, but Flacco knows how to play and he is not that old. Flacco understands the system.
Are you serious??? In a few years Wilson may be better for the team. In a few years if he isn’t truly better, he will be gone and so will Joe-D and Saleh. Teams don’t draft QBs anymore to ride the bench for 3 plus years.

The last QB that happen with was A. Rodgers and that’s only because he was behind Favre and they didn’t want to disrespect Farve. It didn’t appear that Rodgers wasn’t ready, they just didn’t want to disrespect Brett but that changed after about 2-years. They then pushed him out the door.

Point being is teams don’t have that kind of time anymore or they don’t think they do. Wilson has to play now (as long as he’s healthy) and he has to play well if they all want to keep their jobs. Zach gets the rookie year as a free-bee. This and next year he has to show major improvement or it’s time to move on. At least SERIOUSLY consider it!

No one cares about old ass Joe Flacco winning anything with this team. Unless it’s going to be a Super Bowl, like immediately and we all know that’s not going to happen. So why bother!!!

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
I feel like 37 year old Flacco is the new Vinny T. Foley got hurt so 35 year old Vinny T could be the savior. If he is on a roll then Zach should sit. Unless we find out Flacco is bangin' grandmas I think he will provide the leadership this offense needs and will rally around. Playoffs baby!!
To compare Flacco to Vinny T is sorta funny. I just don’t see it. Yes Flacco won a Super Bowl but correct me if I’m wrong, the Ravens carried him through that entire season pretty much. Flacco doesn’t have the talent that Vinny T had. Vinny had a monster Jets team around him but he more than held his own that year. This just isn’t the case with Flacco IMO!

To each him own though, to each his own!!!

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
To compare Flacco to Vinny T is sorta funny. I just don’t see it. Yes Flacco won a Super Bowl but correct me if I’m wrong, the Ravens carried him through that entire season pretty much.
IIRC, the Ravens won that SB with solid defense, two picks and a run back kick.
Flacco just didn't do anything to screw them up.
Later

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
So in the 1999 pre-season, the Rams Trent Green had a season-ending injury. Dick Vermeil didn't whine like a little bitch. Instead he said, "Kurt Warner will be our starter and we will play good football." I think we all know the rest of the story.

And so, I expect nothing less from the Jets.

I know that many people on here don't think the 1999 Rams translate well to the 2022 Jets because do not have a HoF qb or HoF hc. Well I don't care and I expect this team to play good football. This team is talented at every area and so I'm holding Saleh's feet to the fire to produce. I don't know about the rest of you. But I'm not going to have this defeatist SoJ mentality because of a couple of setbacks. I expect the Jets to be competitive in every game.

eff those who call this a 4-6 win team. Eff them with a sharp stick. We're here to win, and not hope for next year.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
eff those who call this a 4-6 win team. Eff them with a sharp stick.
I wouldn’t say EF them to anyone on this board .
Everyone one has his own opinion as do you .

I for one could never be happy going into a season Hoping for 6 wins .
But others feel different

EF them will only cause animosity here and we don’t won’t that

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Are you serious??? In a few years Wilson may be better for the team. In a few years if he isn’t truly better, he will be gone and so will Joe-D and Saleh. Teams don’t draft QBs anymore to ride the bench for 3 plus years.

The last QB that happen with was A. Rodgers and that’s only because he was behind Favre and they didn’t want to disrespect Farve. It didn’t appear that Rodgers wasn’t ready, they just didn’t want to disrespect Brett but that changed after about 2-years. They then pushed him out the door.

Point being is teams don’t have that kind of time anymore or they don’t think they do. Wilson has to play now (as long as he’s healthy) and he has to play well if they all want to keep their jobs. Zach gets the rookie year as a free-bee. This and next year he has to show major improvement or it’s time to move on. At least SERIOUSLY consider it!

No one cares about old ass Joe Flacco winning anything with this team. Unless it’s going to be a Super Bowl, like immediately and we all know that’s not going to happen. So why bother!!!
I think both Douglas and Saleah signed 6 year contracts so unless the lucky sperm kids want to pay 2 GMs and 2 HCs at the same time I don’t think either one is going anywhere anytime soon.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
I wouldn’t say EF them to anyone on this board .
Everyone one has his own opinion as do you .

I for one could never be happy going into a season Hoping for 6 wins .
But others feel different

EF them will only cause animosity here and we don’t won’t that
I mean it more like, many people are tempered not to expect not to expect the best. Well eff that. I expect Saleh to be a good coach...like Bill Parcells good. And I expect JD to be a good GM even though I was critical of him last year. Enough of this "building the right way", "trust the process", or whatever nonsense. These guys need to make a splash. And if they're not making a splash and we're tempering our expectations, then what is the point!?

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I mean it more like, many people are tempered not to expect not to expect the best. Well eff that. I expect Saleh to be a good coach...like Bill Parcells good. And I expect JD to be a good GM even though I was critical of him last year. Enough of this "building the right way", "trust the process", or whatever nonsense. These guys need to make a splash. And if they're not making a splash and we're tempering our expectations, then what is the point!?
I totally agree with you
I want results now
But....
Others on this board are looking to build a strong team for a long time and that takes time ( and I’ve been waiting 50 years as a long time ticket holder )

Both want the best for the Jets

I see both sides so we shouldn’t disparage others on this board
That’s all I’m saying

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
I totally agree with you
I want results now
But....
Others on this board are looking to build a strong team for a long time and that takes time ( and I’ve been waiting 50 years as a long time ticket holder )

Both want the best for the Jets

I see both sides so we shouldn’t disparage others on this board
That’s all I’m saying
We already have the pieces in place for that.