Devin McCourty to remain with Pats

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Per NFL.com.

Sucks....

I will merge this with the other thread tomorrow.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Devin McCourty - DB - Patriots
Patriots re-signed FS Devin McCourty to a multi-year contract.
Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Jaguars, Giants, and Eagles all made a "hard push" to lure McCourty out of Foxboro. The question now becomes whether the Patriots will be able to retain both McCourty and Darrelle Revis, the latter of whom is owed a $12 million option bonus on Monday. McCourty won't turn 28 until August and has been one of the league's most dominant center-field safeties since converting from cornerback. McCourty has eight interceptions and five forced fumbles over the past three seasons. He patrols the deep middle, is an above-average tackler, and can cover man to man when needed.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Patriots re-signed FS Devin McCourty to a multi-year contract.
Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Jaguars, Giants, and Eagles all made a "hard push" to lure McCourty out of Foxboro. The question now becomes whether the Patriots will be able to retain both McCourty and Darrelle Revis, the latter of whom is owed a $12 million option bonus on Monday. McCourty won't turn 28 until August and has been one of the league's most dominant center-field safeties since converting from cornerback. McCourty has eight interceptions and five forced fumbles over the past three seasons. He patrols the deep middle, is an above-average tackler, and can cover man to man when needed.

Thoughts on whether or not they can keep Revis?

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Well, that $20 mill they free up Monday if they cut Revis could easily be used to lock him up a long time.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Patriots re-signed FS Devin McCourty to a five-year, $47.5 million contract.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't see how they could keep both. Maybe they can, but in that case, they won't replace Wilfork with anyone.

Every year, it's the same. Every year, they have zero cap room. And every year, they spend like drunk sailors. I don't know how.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If Revis takes anything less than top dollar to stay with the Pats, in my mind he will be one of the biggest dirtbags on the planet. When he was here, he held us hostage repeatedly, putting getting every penny ahead of winning.

Give them a dime of a discount, and I will wish him more ill will than I have any football player ever.

D

Dunnie

My bet ... Revis takes 48 mil over 4 years to stay with pats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Revis does $12MM a year, he's leaving money on the table. He's dead to me at that point.

F

flgreen

That's a lot of money to pay a safety. 9.5 Million per

That's good CB money. Jackson signed for around 8.5 and Maxwell got around 10.

IMO I think the Pats just dropped out of the Revis sweepstakes.

Oh my this is going to be interesting. Will Rex get involved?

I'm the Jets I offer a 3 year 42 million contract. 28 guaranteed, paid over the first 2 years

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
5 years, $47.5MM, $28MM guaranteed. Are you kidding me?!?

There is no way in hell the Pats can afford that kind of deal AND Revis.

D

Dunnie

I think Tammys salary is only 8 million or something like that ... Big reason some of these contracts are possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Revis does $12MM a year, he's leaving money on the table. He's dead to me at that point.

He should be dead to you either way. Revis isn't going to help our roster enough to win more than a game or two. We are pretty bad. I personally don't want Revis ever again on this roster. If he helped us win a SB I would use him and for the POS he is.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
He should be dead to you either way. Regis isn't going to help our roster enough to win more than a game or two. We are pretty bad. I personally don't want Revis ever again on this roster. If he helped us win a SB I would use him and for the POS he is.

I love this logic. The Jets are going to be pretty bad, therefore they shouldn't bother trying to be better. After all, even with him, they'd only be a game or two better, anyway.

Why even try, then?

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I love this logic. The Jets are going to be pretty bad, therefore they shouldn't bother trying to be better. After all, even with him, they'd only be a game or two better, anyway.

Why even try, then?

I believe in getting better with young players if possible. I hate Revis and want nothing to do with him.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't like Revis, either. I wanted Jackson. If not him, Maxwell. Both are off the market.

What are the Jets supposed to do about CB, if the best player on the market to fit their need is Revis?