Devin McCourty to remain with Pats

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
It's still a stretch to assume this knowing his history. Uncle Gilbert still runs his finances.

We'll find out soon enough. Signing him would be great in my opinion. I prefer younger but signing him makes us much better and it also weakens the Pats.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If he leaves money on the table to stay with that dirtbag organization of cheaters, his respect level with me will reach negative numbers. It's already around zero, based on how he handled himself throughout his career.

But any guy who is unprofessional and greedy to the team that drafted him, and then is offering hometown discounts to their hated rivals, deserves a long eternity in Hades.

G

grogan14

Based on what, though? When in his entire career has he ever even hinted at taking less money from a team, much less actually done it?

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, that doesn't change the fact that misery has a very real dollar value to players also. If you think a few thousand dollars is more is going sway Revis from attempting to repeat as Super Bowl Champion, so he can sign with the Jets and struggle to win 6 games, then I'm sorry but you're just not dealing with reality.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, that doesn't change the fact that misery has a very real dollar value to players also. If you think a few thousand dollars is more is going sway Revis from attempting to repeat as Super Bowl Champion, so he can sign with the Jets and struggle to win 6 games, then I'm sorry but you're just not dealing with reality.

A few thousand dollars? When you are talking about a team over the cap, and another team with about $50MM in space, the difference would be more than a few thousand dollars.

Why is it New England sports fans hate Yankees fans when it comes to baseball, and become them when it comes to football? "Kiss the rings." The Yankees/Patriots Way." "You're just jealous."

Boston: Entitletown.

J

Jet Setter

Your tendency to use the word "facts" when they aren't is remarkable. At least you're consistent.

I like how your stance has changed from a few million to a few thousand dollars now making a difference. There goes the consistency...

G

grogan14

A few thousand dollars? When you are talking about a team over the cap, and another team with about $50MM in space, the difference would be more than a few thousand dollars.

Why is it New England sports fans hate Yankees fans when it comes to baseball, and become them when it comes to football? "Kiss the rings." The Yankees/Patriots Way." "You're just jealous."

Boston: Entitletown.

Well if you need an exact number I'll throw out a million as I did before, however you seem to be saying that he'll sign with the highest bid no matter if it's ten million or ten dollars? So for the record, where exactly do you think his swing point is $$? Are you saying if it's even money he's picking the Jets over trying to get his second Super Bowl with the Pats?

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'm not convinced he'd leave a dime on the table. And based on his history, he wouldn't.

But the Patriots are convinced that the best players in football want to pay them for the privilege of being Belichick's minions.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'm not convinced he'd leave a dime on the table. And based on his history, he wouldn't.

But the Patriots are convinced that the best players in football want to pay them for the privilege of being Belichick's minions.

to be honest, as a player the last person i'd want to play for is Belichick. He discards players like nothing. It's the right thing to do from a team management point of view but loyalty does go a long way and he doesn't have it. Look what he did to Mankins.

G

grogan14

Your tendency to use the word "facts" when they aren't is remarkable. At least you're consistent.

I like how your stance has changed from a few million to a few thousand dollars now making a difference. There goes the consistency...

Well, where would you put that mark? 100 thousand? A million? How much do you think he's willing to sacrifice to go from playing for a consistent contender, to playing for a 5 or 6 win team? I don't think we are saying different things , there is a $$$ line, the question is where is it. Would you at lest agree that if it's even money then he's not playing for the Jets?

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Well if you need an exact number I'll throw out a million as I did before, however you seem to be saying that he'll sign with the highest bid no matter if it's ten million or ten dollars? So for the record, where exactly do you think his swing point is $$? Are you saying if it's even money he's picking the Jets over trying to get his second Super Bowl with the Pats?

If it's even money, he stays. He won't have to pay to move that way.

But anyone who has followed football over the past decade, and not just the team they root for, would know that he has always been a money-first guy. And to be honest, he has not done or said anything that should make people think that has changed. If he has said anything about taking less money to stay, or offering a hometown discount, provide the quote.

The only reason people think it's changed is because there is a segment of the population that is convinced everyone dreams of playing solely for the Patriots, and that they're the only team anyone would ever want to play for.

If anything, he is LESS likely to focus on winning a ring, since he now has one.

G

grogan14

Up to now, I really enjoyed a 'troll free' environment.

So I'm a troll because I entered into a discussion that involves a key free agent that both our teams are interested in?

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
to be honest, as a player the last person i'd want to play for is Belichick. He discards players like nothing. It's the right thing to do from a team management point of view but loyalty does go a long way and he doesn't have it. Look what he did to Mankins.

Wilfork, Welker, Lawyer Malloy...

This is the problem I have with the Pats and their fans. Belichick and Kraft act cold, calculating, businesslike in their approach, no emotion or sentimentality. Yet the organization and the fans expect players to show loyalty to them, to take discounts, restructure contracts. It's exceptionally hypocritical.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
So I'm a troll because I entered into a discussion that involves a key free agent that both our teams are interested in?

No. You're a troll because you're pounding your chest about titles while talking about the Jets struggling to win six games. Essentially, that's talking trash about the team whose board this is.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Wilfork, Welker, Lawyer Malloy...

This is the problem I have with the Pats and their fans. Belichick and Kraft act cold, calculating, businesslike in their approach, no emotion or sentimentality. Yet the organization and the fans expect players to show loyalty to them, to take discounts, restructure contracts. It's exceptionally hypocritical.

It's what fans do!

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
It's what fans do!

And fans are hypocrites when they do.

Perhaps worse, it's what the Pats' organization does.

It doesn't hurt that while the Jets are in a Giants-driven media market, where even the Jets beat writers routinely bash the team, the Pats have full control of their own media market and have cheerleaders for beat writers. Tom Curran may be one of the most unprofessional writers I have ever seen.

G

grogan14

If it's even money, he stays. He won't have to pay to move that way.

But anyone who has followed football over the past decade, and not just the team they root for, would know that he has always been a money-first guy. And to be honest, he has not done or said anything that should make people think that has changed. If he has said anything about taking less money to stay, or offering a hometown discount, provide the quote.

The only reason people think it's changed is because there is a segment of the population that is convinced everyone dreams of playing solely for the Patriots, and that they're the only team anyone would ever want to play for.

If anything, he is LESS likely to focus on winning a ring, since he now has one.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your wrong about Revis, in fact you may be 100% correct, we'll see. What I'm simply questioning is your idea that a penny more and he signing with that team, maybe if that team is the Seahawks, or another contender, but the Jets or Jaguars? I highly doubt he's going to be jumping at an extra 500 grand to run of and sign with any of the bottom feeders of the NFL, don't forget this is his last contract, I don't believe he's going to want to spend the rest of his career being out of the playoffs by October unless he's getting a heck of a lot more than a million bucks. Which brings me back to my original point and I'll stand by it, the Jets will have to pay "significantly more than the Pats to land Revis". If I'm wrong we'll know in a couple of days.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics

First of all, Revis is not a free agent. And yes you are a troll, because you come here to 'discuss' in a condescending fashion why a certain player would only play for your team. A team by the way that is run by a convicted cheat.

G

grogan14

No. You're a troll because you're pounding your chest about titles while talking about the Jets struggling to win six games. Essentially, that's talking trash about the team whose board this is.

Sorry but is that not the reality of the situation? Does not the reality of the situation exactly impact what we are discussing? I could see if I came out and started hurling insults and calling names but the fact is we are talking about what a player is looking at in deciding what team to sign with. Now if you don't think Revis is considering the Jets history, record, and all of it in comparison to the Patriots and his experiences there, then I'm sorry but your just not being realistic.

F

flgreen

Meh

He's a Pats fan, and I totally disagree with his stance, but he hasn't done anything to disrupt the board. If he comes into every thread and hi jacks it, different story