Does Duane Brown make sense for the Jets?

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
While I would not be upset if they signed Brown, in fact I hope they do, He's a left tackle. As I mentioned in another thread, I would like them to try to sign Daryl Williams, also still a free agent I believe, who played right tackle for the Bills for the last two seasons.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
While I would not be upset if they signed Brown, in fact I hope they do, He's a left tackle. As I mentioned in another thread, I would like them to try to sign Daryl Williams, also still a free agent I believe, who played right tackle for the Bills for the last two seasons.

Brown should be brought in as the swing tackle. He’s approaching 37. He’s a stopgap. I read that he gave up 8 sacks last year so the production is down from his prime years. But still a good enough player in a pinch.

I’m good rocking with Max Mitchell if the coaches think he’s ready at RT. If he struggles you can fall back on Edoga/McDermott. And if all of this fails, then you can explore what’s out there similar to how they got Moses last year.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
Brown should be brought in as the swing tackle. He’s approaching 37. He’s a stopgap. I read that he gave up 8 sacks last year so the production is down from his prime years. But still a good enough player in a pinch.

I’m good rocking with Max Mitchell if the coaches think he’s ready at RT. If he struggles you can fall back on Edoga/McDermott. And if all of this fails, then you can explore what’s out there similar to how they got Moses last year.
I don't think he'll ever be able to play RT at any satisfactory level. He has trouble maintaining his weight...he's topped off.

Last edited:

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I think that’s a good problem to have. Brown at LT and Fant back at RT next to AVT which was good last year. I think Fant’s first year was bad because Gase was such a douche.
I hope you are right and it’s not that Fant sucks on the right. He was pretty bad over there. 🤞it was Gase’s complete ineptitude that caused it.