Does Duane Brown make sense for the Jets?

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
He’s your LT

Does he play some snaps tomorrow?
I'd be surprised if he does play. He's going to need a bunch of reps to shake the rust off and get familiar with Laken and our offense. Our left side should be pretty damn good with those two vets, and overall depending on how Fast does, the OL should be better than solid.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'd be surprised if he does play. He's going to need a bunch of reps to shake the rust off and get familiar with Laken and our offense. Our left side should be pretty damn good with those two vets, and overall depending on how Fast does, the OL should be better than solid.

Douglas said Brown was in amazing shape when he visited the team last week. But I doubt he jumps right in. He’s gonna need some practice reps. I’m still curious to hear the official announcement from Saleh on who’s going where. They seemed pretty set on playing Fant at LT. And Brown is clearly more of a LT. Regardless, I’m feeling pretty good about adding a durable, former pro bowler to the mix. The o-line should be good this year.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Douglas said Brown was in amazing shape when he visited the team last week. But I doubt he jumps right in. He’s gonna need some practice reps. I’m still curious to hear the official announcement from Saleh on who’s going where. They seemed pretty set on playing Fant at LT. And Brown is clearly more of a LT. Regardless, I’m feeling pretty good about adding a durable, former pro bowler to the mix. The o-line should be good this year.
At least it will be when we get a right tackle...................................

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Osemele, Kalil…… yeah o-line guys that were supposed to be saviors and they didn’t pan out.

Let’s hope we don’t get that again.
Didn’t this cat make the Pro Bowl for his play last season .
My biggest issue with this signing is if he’s going to play LT, then that means Fant is back at RT where he’s slightly better than Edoga .

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
My biggest issue with this signing is if he’s going to play LT, then that means Fant is back at RT where he’s slightly better than Edoga .

Some feel Brown getting the alternate pro bowl spot was based more on name and reputation than actual performance. He gave up 8 sacks last year. Granted, it was Russell Wilson who holds the ball way too long, but still.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I think Fant was the product of Gase, GVR and Darnold when he was at RT. Being next to AVT again should help, but what the fuck do I know.