Fast Food Workers To Get $15 an hour

U

ucrenegade

wow crazy so they make more than me when I was a pharmacy tech.

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
That's probably about the same, maybe a little bit less than my wife makes as a teacher's aid working special ed. Lets see, flip burgers or help children with disabilities who are struggling to learn and need help to fit in with general ed students.

Who is providing a more valuable service to society?

U

ucrenegade

That's probably about the same, maybe a little bit less than my wife makes as a teacher's aid working special ed. Lets see, flip burgers or help children with disabilities who are struggling to learn and need help to fit in with general ed students.

Who is providing a more valuable service to society?

i don't know i think america is already one of the most obese countries ever.........so they are providing a service...............lol but i know what you meant.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I just heard McDonalds is changing the name of the dollar menu to the $15 menu to account for the change in minimum wage.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
My coworker was telling me that it's the right move and that business owners should take a little less to help those unfortunate in life. He also said that if you are unable to provide a living wage as an employer then you do not have a real business.

When I told him that i think the price of everything will go up, he disagreed stating that this will mean that less people will be on welfare and our tax $ will be used wisely. In theory this seems quite good but we know that business owners will just pass these costs onto the consumers.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Maybe now they'll be motivated to get my f'n coffee order right.
That's four cream and two Splenda, not the other way around.
Got it?
And when you push the thingies on the dispensers, LOOK AT IT to make sure they're not clogged and something is actually going into the cup.

Later

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
This is a bad thing for the franchise industry. Some store make a fortune but many just bleed cash. Most franchisees run a territory which means that the cash cows cover the lesser producers. The business is all about food/paper/labor as a % of revenues and margins are always tight. Unless you are Gus Fring, of course where the business is about laundering blue meth money.

There is little room for price increases as the stronger concepts will sacrifice profits to help put the competition out of biz. Plus, much of an increase and you are bumping the low end of the mass dinner houses' specials (Applebee's, etc)

The industry has significant excess capacity. This move will put someone out of business and many low paying jobs will be lost. BK, Taco Bell and KFC have all been close to closing their doors.

So who will this finish off?