First Free Agent Signings

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Maybe JD is going to make a splash at WR.
I would still play the value game. For me, dealing a fourth for Courtland Sutton makes a TON of sense. The guy is a legit #2, a complementary physical type to what GW gives you, can play on the outside, and is still in the prime of his career.

I'd still look to draft a shifty, smaller speedster in the mid rounds of the draft, but that is what I would do. Malik Washington with the other fourth? If you do that, your WR room is GW/Sutton/Malik/Lazard/Gipson/Brownlee. I can absolutely take that with someone like Aaron Rodgers, and with Breece.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I would still play the value game. For me, dealing a fourth for Courtland Sutton makes a TON of sense. The guy is a legit #2, a complementary physical type to what GW gives you, can play on the outside, and is still in the prime of his career.

I'd still look to draft a shifty, smaller speedster in the mid rounds of the draft, but that is what I would do. Malik Washington with the other fourth? If you do that, your WR room is GW/Sutton/Malik/Lazard/Gipson/Brownlee. I can absolutely take that with someone like Aaron Rodgers, and with Breece.
Wouldn't hate Sutton.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Wouldn't hate Sutton.
I think some fans got infatuated with the idea of bringing in another elite #1. But with GW, I don't think that is needed. Assets would be better used on the OL. An absolute true #2 (not in a Lazard kind of way, or Kendrick Bourne type) would do a TON to solidify the entire WR corps.

Truth be told, if Corey Davis came back as the #3, that would give them a stacked WR group.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
The approach and the signings appear reasonable to me. I imagine next we will see WR and OT, which would clear the way for best OT at #10 (my guess Fuaga). The additions of Simpson and Fuaga gives us two very good pieces for the run game and solid in pass pro.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Why? This guy is an injury waiting to happen. He has blown more opportunities to stay on the field because of injuries than almost anyone.

Guess he's better than the scrubs we trotted out last season. If he doesn't get hurt.
I see the genius of JD here...get all the pass rushers on the Jets so that there are none left to challenge our OL. The man is amazing

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
And it's pretty low-risk. One year. But he is injury-prone, of course.
He had a knee sprain problem that caused him to miss games in 2021 and 2023 but to his credit he played all 17 games last year. That might indicate that the problem got solved. He is young and a pretty decent player so hopefully this turns out to be a really good signing.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Why? This guy is an injury waiting to happen. He has blown more opportunities to stay on the field because of injuries than almost anyone.

Guess he's better than the scrubs we trotted out last season. If he doesn't get hurt.
Definitely better than what we had and maybe he'll find a QB in the late rounds that has potential. Maybe...............

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I don't know why anyone is surprised. JD is never gonna be the GM that goes out and makes a big time signing. He is a Walmart bargain shopper and will always be the guy picking leftovers off the scrap heap.

He should have thrown the kitchen sink at Tyron Smith the second legal tampering opened, but here we are LOL

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I don't know why anyone is surprised. JD is never gonna be the GM that goes out and makes a big time signing. He is a Walmart bargain shopper and will always be the guy picking leftovers off the scrap heap.

He should have thrown the kitchen sink at Tyron Smith the second legal tampering opened, but here we are LOL
" Hey Frank I hear JD is signing guys for FA. He likes them cheap, old & fat so we have a chance at our age. "Listen Joe we better stop at Golden Corral for a big lunch first. I don't want to lose out because we were out weighed." Frank lets get the giant banana Split this time but keep the fudge off of your chin."
1710262302860.png

Last edited: