Jets showing interest in Chris Culliver - CB - 49ers

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Technically he is still Patriots property, so not a great idea. I'm sure others do it (tamper), but we would get caught and lose draft picks. The fallout would not be worth it.
Agreed, especially after Woody opened his big mouth about Revis and Kraft already filed tampering charges. If we get caught doing it again, with the same player, Kraft's butt-buddy Goodell will throw the book at us.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
No doubt about it, but Kraft would cry so loud and publicly to Goodell that we'd lose our entire draft for the next 3 years.
Yep, Goodell would treat us like Coptic Christians at the mercy of ISIS.

I'm sure some teams are tampering with Revis, but we better not be one of them.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Guy's call it tampering if you like or early negotiations, but this has been going on for years. If a team waits until 4pm tuesday to start negotiating, they will end up with nothing.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Guy's call it tampering if you like or early negotiations, but this has been going on for years. If a team waits until 4pm tuesday to start negotiating, they will end up with nothing.

Go Jets...Cyborg
Thats true of the pending free agents, but Revis is still under contract with the Pats, its just a matter of them making a decision on whether or not to pick up his option, a decision they have to make by today or tomorrow, similar to our situation with Harvin, and its clear-cut tampering with no ambiguity if you approach either player who is still under contract with their respective teams.

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
Sign Culliver tomorrow and if Revis shakes loose try and sign him also. I am sure we cab find the money for both.

jetsfanshanghai

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics

I agree with Nick. We have cap space and last time I looked we didn't have corners. Bowles runs an aggressive D and needs corners to do it. Sign Culliver now, talk to Cro and offer Revis a deal now the cheats have not picked up his option. Hopefully we can land 2 corners in FA.

J

Jet Setter

I agree with Nick. We have cap space and last time I looked we didn't have corners. Bowles runs an aggressive D and needs corners to do it. Sign Culliver now, talk to Cro and offer Revis a deal now the cheats have not picked up his option. Hopefully we can land 2 corners in FA.

That will equate to anywhere between 22-28M based on what they should command combined. I don't think that's happening.

F

flgreen

:football-touchdown- Can't think of a reason why not. I'll even throw Cro in. Love to have Revis, but if the sweepstakes get crazy, at least we can put a team on the field.
Sign Culliver tomorrow and if Revis shakes loose try and sign him also. I am sure we cab find the money for both.

jetsfanshanghai

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
That will equate to anywhere between 22-28M based on what they should command combined. I don't think that's happening.

I know its a ton of money, but we do have a decent amount to spend and corner is, imho, the biggest need outside of QB.

Out of interest, how much do we HAVE to spend to make sure we are over the spending floor from the new CBA? If we don't spend I'm pretty sure we loose the money and get nothing in return

F

flgreen

I think they would like it to happen. That's why they were pursuing both Jackson, and Maxwell. If they had scored either one, I don't think it would have prevented them from pursuing Revis.

We're down to that Culliver is the best CB out there now. Get him agreed. (Signed) Somebody needs to tell rookie GM Macc that the no signed deals in "make believe FA" rule is wink-wink.

If Revis isn't playing games, he might be, you go after him to a set amount, or pass. You still have a couple of guys who can play, and a few young prospects, sadly, you can't count on because of injury concerns

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Revis has got to be salivating that CB's are going off the board quickly. He's in a great position to leverage either more money from the Pats or a whopper of a deal from the Jets/another team.

Jets really need to lock up Culliver and not wait for Revis to play his games which he is guaranteed to do. With that said and the way things are going I'd be mildly shocked if we actually signed either of them. This free agent stuff is exhausting.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Revis has got to be salivating that CB's are going off the board quickly. He's in a great position to leverage either more money from the Pats or a whopper of a deal from the Jets/another team.

Jets really need to lock up Culliver and not wait for Revis to play his games which he is guaranteed to do. With that said and the way things are going I'd be mildly shocked if we actually signed either of them. This free agent stuff is exhausting.

Mike, Honestly I'm tired of Revis and don't give a rats ass if he signs with anyone but the Patriots. Maybe the Jags or Raiders are sitting back waiting.

Go Jets...Cyborg

J

Jet Setter

I know its a ton of money, but we do have a decent amount to spend and corner is, imho, the biggest need outside of QB.

Out of interest, how much do we HAVE to spend to make sure we are over the spending floor from the new CBA? If we don't spend I'm pretty sure we loose the money and get nothing in return

89% must be spent by 2016.