Mets

EBoozer32

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
The baby-faced youngster goes 2night for the Series clincher!! Nice to have a lefty going to give them a different look. Hopefully, Rizzo and Schwarber have a tough time with them.

We're facing a pitcher who has been struggling.... if the bats can get Matz a few early runs, I think this kid can give you 6 innings of 4 hit 1 run baseball. then it'son the bullpen to hold the lead. 5-2 Mets again to get back to the WS.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Congratulations Mets fans.

Tough break on Cespedes, but congrats on making it to the WS and good luck in the series.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Congrats mets fans. I hate band wagoners but those that have been with the team for a long time, congrats!!!!!!!!!!

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Wow, what a year! Just 4 more wins, please!

Cespedes should be fine(from the horses mouth) and if not, you just get the feeling that Legares or anyone else will step up.

Daniel Murphy wtf! If he can keep half of this up and they win the WS, he'll be a legend in Mets lore!

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Living in Chicago, I couldn't let an opportunity to clinch go by without being there. What an awesome night. There is some magic happening in Queens.

1st inning, after the Duda HR, I got hit in the head by a small (harmless) object thrown by a Cub fan and a couple of expletives hurled in our drection as we celebrated the HR. By the 2nd inning, we were being congratulated by Cub fans. Duda just took the life right out of the stadium -- and then when Murphy hit the home run in the 8th, the party was on. Met fans started gathering by the visitors dugout for the last two innings.

Stuck around about an hour after the game ended -- fist bumps/high fives with Familia, Lagares, Niese and Flores. Awesome night.

4 game sweep and I was at 3 of them. Once in a lifetime experience.

Lets Go Mets!!!

4 More Wins!!!

EBoozer32

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
METS SET WORLD SERIES ROTATION
The order for their series against the Royals will be Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard and Steven Matz. Explaining why deGrom won't start Game 1, manager Terry Collins said he could use extra rest.

L

LGM

Time to bump this thread with zero posts since October 24

Update

The Mets lost to the stinking Boils in five and had to settle for National League Champions

Since then a brief recap of the good and bad

Bad

Murphy took his 14 HRs and 9 games as Babe Ruth to the Gnats as a FA

Goods

Traded Niese for Walker a much better second baseman and baseball player than Murphy

Didnt piss away huge dollars on a long term deal for 35 year old Zobrist

Resigned Big Bart

Get a full season of the best young rotation in MLB maybe EVER with Harvey, Hair, Thor and Matz plus Bart and then Wheels in midseason

Get a full season from Conforto

And just last night resigned Cespedes to what could be a three year deal for the big cleanup bat sorely needed

Bronx

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Lifelong Yankee fan who is rooting hard for the Mets this year. My mom , who is a diehard, has been pretty sick lately. This team is one of the few things that put a smile on her face. I hope the front office does the right thing, if this team needs a piece later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Lifelong Yankee fan who is rooting hard for the Mets this year. My mom , who is a diehard, has been pretty sick lately. This team is one of the few things that put a smile on her face. I hope the front office does the right thing, if this team needs a piece later on

Hey Bronx, All the best to your mom!

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I love my Mets Players but cant stand Collins. Mets top team in MLB stranding runners on base & been top 5 for years because Collins awful lineups. Collins cant generate runs in close games to tie or win or to hold leads. Coaching is just awful! Backman-Viola should be Manager /Pitch Coach. No one is teaching our rookie Catchers who are horrible at passed balls , calling the right pitches against hitters. Also Wright & Flores double clutching balls allowing runners on base. Walker/ Cabrera don't do this & are just great Defensively. We got great Pitching but Worthead is awful! He had all off season to teach Harvey/Matz a slider & 50% are just spinning & not sliding. Why haven't our Pitchers better at holding runners to base? Why didn't Worthead work on all there moves to hold runners? Matz a Lefty cant hold runners? Come on! Catcher Plawceki cant even throw runner stealing 3B with a left handed batter in box for an unblocked throw to 3B. Why isn't that fixed? WE got a great team of Players but I don't know if they can get back playing Collins crazy ball. Like World Series we had a lead in every game & because of Collins horrible Coaching & relief Pitching choices we lost!