Mets

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm just starting to pay attention again(now that I'm through the Rangers losing grieving process) and they're sucking.

What bats are out there and who are you willing to give up? Maybe with d'arnaud back, they'll show some more offense, but, I'm not holding my breathe.....oh, and I just got an update on my phone that Dilson Herrera is back.

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Only a half game out of first, but yeah, its hard to be optimistic given the way they are playing. I heard they have been kicking the tires on an Aramis Ramirez or Jean Segura trade with Milwaukee. Also seen the name Ben Zobrist tossed around. Hopefully they do something to improve the offense in the next couple of weeks -- they have been painful to watch since April.

That great start sure seems to be a thing of the past

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
Yeah, nothing to get too excited about there and I would hate to give up too much for any one of them.

You can probably get Ramirez for next to nothing, given his contract and age. He has typically been better in the 2nd half so it might be worth a shot, especially if Wright is going to be out for a while, which seems likely.

I like Segura, he is 25 yrs old, has some pop & can steal a base, but from what I have read, the Brewers also like him and are not likely to be willing to part with him, but the Brewers need pitching, the one thing we have in abundance.

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm not as sold on our pitching as everyone else:
Montero & Wheeler are hurt.
deGrom-a keeper
Harvey-A keeper, but not quite the same....yet.
Niese-A #5
Colon-Solid-altough I doubt a team will give up much for him
Gee-up and down, innings eater, nothing great. Probably land a marginal prospect
Matz-? Bring him up!
Thor-Shows promise-probably could bring a bat.

I just remember how the whole "Generation-K" was touted as the second coming of Seaver, Koosman and Matlack. So I'm a little leery of our abundance...plus, pitchers seem so fragile these days.

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
I'm not as sold on our pitching as everyone else:
Montero & Wheeler are hurt.
deGrom-a keeper
Harvey-A keeper, but not quite the same....yet.
Niese-A #5
Colon-Solid-altough I doubt a team will give up much for him
Gee-up and down, innings eater, nothing great. Probably land a marginal prospect
Matz-? Bring him up!
Thor-Shows promise-probably could bring a bat.

I just remember how the whole "Generation-K" was touted as the second coming of Seaver, Koosman and Matlack. So I'm a little leery of our abundance...plus, pitchers seem so fragile these days.

I agree that when you have a staff of young unproven pitchers (including a couple of injury risks) there is a lot of uncertainty. DeGrom looks like he may be the best of the bunch, I think Noah will be solid and hopefully Harvey will come around, but coming off of the injury it is not surprising that he is struggling a bit.

Even so we have 9 starters for next season if you include Matz, Wheeler and Montero -- that is more than we need. Assuming Colon is not going to be in the mix next season, we still have 8 -- more starting arms than we need and could desperately use a major league bat. I am not sure who we would have to give up or what other GMs perceive as the best fits, but I will leave that to Sandy Alderson to figure out.

I am just tired of seeing this team fall behind a couple of runs early and feeling like the game is over. They did surprise me last night though -- nicecoming back from teh 2 run deficit to get the win and at least salvage a game from the champs, and with the Brewers beating the Nats, we are back on top of the Division. Good to see d'Arnaud pick up a couple of hits also.

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
You definitely need to give up something to get...teams will be asking for Harvey, deGrom, and Matz, most likely in that order. You may be able to throw in a Plawecki with one of the others, teams could aways use a catching prospect too.

I'm really surprised they won last night. I figured it was over after the 1st inning.

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
Disappointing loss this afternoon.

Infield defense was awful -- please do not play Muno at 3rd base anymore. The 3 errors were only part of the story. Not turning two in the 9th. Campbell fielding the bunt in the 11th. The single off Herrera's glove.

That was one that got away.

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Nice comeback win yesterday! 4 HR's-Gee, on the other hand is pitching himself out of a job.

I'm also surprised they sent down Recker and kept Plawecki. Recker stinks, but he's doesn't need to catch much.

S

sg3

Nice comeback win yesterday! 4 HR's-Gee, on the other hand is pitching himself out of a job.

I'm also surprised they sent down Recker and kept Plawecki. Recker stinks, but he's doesn't need to catch much.
Bring up Matz

Send Gee to Lost Wages

Rote fixed

Typical Metsie luck

They get Toronta in the midst of an 11 game win streak

Thor vs Beurle....game could be over by 8:30 PM

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
Would be great news if he can make it back:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/CBSNewYork/status/610502689462489089[/TWEET]

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
Bring up Matz

Typical Metsie luck

They get Toronta in the midst of an 11 game win streak

Thor vs Beurle....game could be over by 8:30 PM

What was that you were saying about the Jays 11 game winning streak. Great win tonight -- would have liked to see Thor get the win, but coming back in the 11th with 2 out was pretty sweet.

S

sg3

What a game against the 11 game winning streak Jays.

Thor gives up a home run in the first and the Mets get no hit for half a game, come up with a deuce which Familia blows on another HR by the same batter to open the 9th.

In the 11th the Jays take a 3-2 lead but in the bottom of the inning Dude drives in Cuddyer on a bloop and Wilmer Flores hits the first pitch he sees into center driving in the Dude with the winning run

Put it in the books!!

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
Nice 5 out save by BP! His addition should help out a lot.

Yup -- and with Mejia coming back with a fresh arm next month, the bullpen should be in pretty good shape. Nice to see Harvey look like Harvey again last night. Coming back from the surgery we probably can expect to see a lot of inconsistency from him this year.