Mets

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Utley should get a warm welcome tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad things happen whenever Utley plays against us. I hope we get a big lead and he comes in to pinch hit late and we can drill him. So much about htat play yesterday that defies common sense, but still, Addison Reed has to get the last out. Awful 0-2 pitch he threw to Gonzalez. Batting practice fastball up over the plate ahead in the count. It was inexcusable.

If the bullpen does not get better, we are not going to get out of this round unless the starters can at least get through 7.

And what was the point of taking Colon out after pitching to one batter. Didn't understand that move at the time--unless it was related to the injury delay, but an old vet like Colon should have been able to handle that.

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
Comment from another Met killer:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/RealCJ10/status/653234853266063360[/TWEET]

isired

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
And what was the point of taking Colon out after pitching to one batter. Didn't understand that move at the time--unless it was related to the injury delay, but an old vet like Colon should have been able to handle that.
They said Collins brought him in for a ground ball in the double play situation, and that he had discussed using him like that prior to the series. Reed missed badly on two 2-strike pitches that inning, hope it's the last we see of him in a tight situation.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Smart to pitch CK on 3 days rest, he was on. Ugh, I'm not feeling good about game 5.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Met fan

But I'm fully confident they can win this game.
Fantastic pitching matchup , one of the best in years, many years in this spot.
This has 1-0 , 1-1 written all over it
Go Mets
image.jpg

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'm actually finding myself rooting for the Mets a bit. They are playing the type of baseball I love. Reminds me of the yanks dynasty years.

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
What a job by deGrom tonight. The way he battled without his best stuff -- the kid has grown up before our eyes this week. And major props to Murphy for stealing that win.

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Man, that game was a grind. deGrom battled and gave the mets a chance. Murph is pretty much the only bat to show up.

Wright, Duda, and Cespedes need to show for the Cubbies. I really hope Collins starts Cuddyer over Duda if we face a lefty starter, he's f'n lost.

EBoozer32

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
What a job by deGrom tonight. The way he battled without his best stuff -- the kid has grown up before our eyes this week. And major props to Murphy for stealing that win.

Agree! He was working in the 94-95 range, as opposed to his 97-98 game 1 velocity. I wondered if warming up so often in game 4 took some length off his FB. Gutsy outing and how much does it suck for a batter to have Thor throwing 100 MPH heat in the 7th followed by that NASTY 97 mph sinker by Familia pounding the bottom of the strike zone?

Arrieta 3x in the NLCS. If we get 1 I'm happy... it's what we do against Lester and Hendricks and Hammel that will decide the series. Cubs have a tough BP.... Bats need to wake up! Yeah, I'm talking to you Cespedes, Wright and Duda.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Well here's a funny thing

"That's because the 1989 movie "Back to the Future Part II" predicted the Cubs would win the 2015 World Series, and the man who wrote the screenplay and imagined this unlikely scenario is Bob Gale, a lifelong St. Louis Cardinals fan. In a sport where players and fans believe in curses, jinxes .

image.jpg

isired

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Arrieta 3x in the NLCS. If we get 1 I'm happy... it's what we do against Lester and Hendricks and Hammel that will decide the series. Cubs have a tough BP.... Bats need to wake up! Yeah, I'm talking to you Cespedes, Wright and Duda.
Everything I see has Lester starting game 1. I don't know why it wouldn't be Arietta (though he did look human vs. the Cards), he's got the rest, but if that's true we're only set up to see him twice, as a starter anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Good series
I'm giving edge to Cubbies
I know the playoff 7 game series is a different animal
But 7-0 in the regular season means something , no?
But we shall see
Go Jets

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
What an incredible weekend!!!

About two months ago, my son and I decide we are going to fly in to NY for the Jets - Skins game. While there, I decide to go on stubhub and pick up some tickets to Game 1 Sat night. Then I get an email from a buddy who knows I am coming in - he had an extra ticket for Game 2. So after the Jets kick the Skins butts, I drop my son off at the airport (he is 23 -- he can handle a flight on his own) and make it to Citi just in time for first pitch.

3 games -- 3 wins in just over 24 hours. Now, if we get a potential series clincher in Wrigley, I am going to find a way to get myself in the stadium for that.

What a great atmosphere at Citi Field. The place was electric, despite the cold. Harvey and Thor were amazing and what else can you say about Murphy. Even the bullpen was strong last night.

Lets Go Mets!!!

EBoozer32

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
WoW!! I am envious! Wrigley scares the hell out of me... hope it works to our favor as much as the Cubs. If DeGrom can keep them in the park tonight and take the crowd out of the game early, I think we can get to Kendricks and go for the sweep on Wed.

Still can't believe you got the "Hat Trick" of our favorite teams.
How much did the Met tickets run you? $300 for the 2? Good seats?

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
WoW!! I am envious! Wrigley scares the hell out of me... hope it works to our favor as much as the Cubs. If DeGrom can keep them in the park tonight and take the crowd out of the game early, I think we can get to Kendricks and go for the sweep on Wed.

Still can't believe you got the "Hat Trick" of our favorite teams.
How much did the Met tickets run you? $300 for the 2? Good seats?

For Saturday night -- paid about $400 for the pair. Lower level in the outfield, not far from where d"arnaud's home run hit the apple.

Last night, my buddy was able to get tix for face value -- $110 for 400 level behind first base. Probably the coldest I have ever been for a baseball game, but well worth the 30 degree wind chills.

Of course, I hope they win it at Wrigley -- but at this point, worse case scenario is to come back home up 3-2. Just cannot get swept in Chicago. With deGrom going against Hendricks tomorrow night, matchup certainly favors us, but when they swing the bats well they can hit anyone.

EBoozer32

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
I agree. Degrom must pound the bottom of the strike zone and mix up his pitches

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk