Official Game Thread: Cleveland Browns at New York Jets

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Crowder, Berrios, and the TE's are getting all the catches (Slot/Slot/Slot/Slot!!!)

Darnold is anemic to throwing to the outside, even when he tries it bad throws (short, long, off target). The guy has an arm and is dinking and dunking like he's Chad Pennington

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
play calling is pre designed to go to said receiver

Perriman should of caught three balls but didn't try to complete the catches not on the QB that is on the receiver giving up
Fire anyone that gives up including a cashier in a holdup

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
play calling is pre designed to go to said receiver

Perriman should of caught three balls but didn't try to complete the catches not on the QB that is on the receiver giving up
So you want me to believe that Darnold is a robot and doesn't have plays with Options to throw to? He has to throw to the designated receiver for the play? and the plays for Flacco were all designated to go to the WR's and ZERO slot reads?

Sorry I can't buy that no matter how you spin it 😂 , if that's the case then Darnold doesn't belong behind Center on any team

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
So you want me to believe that Darnold is a robot and doesn't have plays with Options to throw to? He has to throw to the designated receiver for the play? and the plays for Flacco were all designated to go to the WR's and ZERO slot reads?

Sorry I can't buy that no matter how you spin it 😂 , if that's the case then Darnold doesn't belong behind Center on any team
Gase is a control freak then why call all these screen plays
why call all these flat routes
why run Gore into the locker room
why are the plays designed to go to Crowder
where is Mims on offense

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
where is Mims on offense
Great questions which if it was the same with Flacco behind center you may be able to read into a conspiracy.

The fact that these WR's looked awesome with Flacco and the same play callers, leads this right back to being a Darnold problem.

Every play has hot reads and secondary reads. The QB is only looking at the slot guys who are up against LB's or slot CB's. This isn't the WR's fault and the play callers aren't telling Darnold "who" to throw the ball to. Darnold is refusing to throw the ball outside the lines.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
where is Mims on offense
Control freak he'll no. Gase works for Kaos. You can see it in the field. But ill take 99 any day

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Great questions which if it was the same with Flacco behind center you may be able to read into a conspiracy.

The fact that these WR's looked awesome with Flacco and the same play callers, leads this right back to being a Darnold problem.

Every play has hot reads and secondary reads. The QB is only looking at the slot guys who are up against LB's or slot CB's. This isn't the WR's fault and the play callers aren't telling Darnold "who" to throw the ball to. Darnold is refusing to throw the ball outside the lines.
Flacco has years on Darnold
Super Bowl champion
had great coaching
experienced under center
there are many differences

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Flacco has years on Darnold
Super Bowl champion
had great coaching
experienced under center
there are many differences
Sorry as someone who coached football for 11 years, this is just unheard of! Plays are designed with reads, you don't tell your QB who to throw the ball to, if you have to do that, then he shouldn't be your QB EVER!

Great theory 😂 but just completely implausible

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Jets playing spoilers, 2nd week in a row they beat a team that needed to win to clinch.

Only issue is they are tanking their own draft stock with absolutely nothing to gain with wins at this point

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Sorry as someone who coached football for 11 years, this is just unheard of! Plays are designed with reads, you don't tell your QB who to throw the ball to, if you have to do that, then he shouldn't be your QB EVER!

Great theory 😂 but just completely implausible
pee wee football and nfl are two different leagues

remember Mark Sanchez they limited him to half the field also had that red, yellow green wrist band to hold him from being himself loose with his throws

Darnold is still being developed and needs to be handcuffed at times from throwing into coverage

so yes a smart coaching staff not saying our guys are smart would handcuff their QB

as a former QB I have seen it done, not with me but with my backup after I got hurt...

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
football is a game of X's & O's

just like calling a screen play it is going the the RB or WR even the TE on the screen
so why can not be the same be true on quick outs to the flat or a wheel route to your WR 50/50 ball
these are designed plays to actual designed receivers

Sam doesn't have the experience or earned the right to audible to a better matchup play call
this is just how it is, right now

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
pee wee football and nfl are two different leagues

remember Mark Sanchez they limited him to half the field also had that red, yellow green wrist band to hold him from being himself loose with his throws

Darnold is still being developed and needs to be handcuffed at times from throwing into coverage

so yes a smart coaching staff not saying our guys are smart would handcuff their QB

as a former QB I have seen it done, not with me but with my backup after I got hurt...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: The argument grows more ridiculous.
So you want to sell me that what is done in AAU Football is more advanced than a NFL offense????