Official Game Thread: New York Jets at Los Angeles Rams

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
They actually celebrated after the win
Nance and Romo doing their chiefs saints game are actually laughin that they won
Laughing stock

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
No guarantee that ANY college player can be a messiah but until you build an O-line, it is guaranteed that he won't be

Whine all you want but the team that I have been rooting 56 years for won a game today

Celebration starting now, skoal !

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
and for the record, this was the 189th 23-20 game in NFL history. The fourth most common score after 20-17, 27-24 and 17-14

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
yup. might as well pick o line at 2 now for Darnold and gase. how much does darnold have to get paid now after his rookie deal and being #31 qb in nfl?

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I’m glad for the win. No one want to be associated with a 0-16 team. Granted 1-15 or 2-14 ain’t much better, but 0-16 is tough. As for losing out on Lawrence.... we can trade the 2 for a haul to someone who wants Fields and draft OL, EDGE and maybe get an extra 1 and 2 this year. Then in RD 2 pull OL and CB . I do think we can win with Darnold if we put a primo OL in front of him and a new coaching staff in place

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
yup. might as well pick o line at 2 now for Darnold and gase. how much does darnold have to get paid now after his rookie deal and being #31 qb in nfl?

I don't believe retaining Sam will cost much. He hasn't been very consistent in several ways. He's missed a lot of games and his skill is erratic. I am sure he is aware of his true value and if he is being honest when he says he wants to remain a Jet he will accept a team friendly deal this time around. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I’m glad for the win. No one want to be associated with a 0-16 team. Granted 1-15 or 2-14 ain’t much better, but 0-16 is tough. As for losing out on Lawrence.... we can trade the 2 for a haul to someone who wants Fields and draft OL, EDGE and maybe get an extra 1 and 2 this year. Then in RD 2 pull OL and CB . I do think we can win with Darnold if we put a primo OL in front of him and a new coaching staff in place

I agree, especially with the part I highlighted. Of course, that presents another problem for players to overcome............learning a new system. That might be taken care of if we actually have a normal training camp and preseason.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Mixed emotions - like watching your mother-in-law go over a cliff in your new car.
Later

I LOVE THAT ANALOGY.............................In reality though my last mother-in-law, now deceased was a sweetheart. My first mother-in-law, however, I would have pushed the car over myself. Still............a great analogy.

Last edited:

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
He will have to play RT or Guard. Could you imagine a left side combo of Becton and Sewell . Even my old ass could run for a 1000 behind those two
Even though he is currently a left tackle I personally believe that he has the talent to play anywhere on the "O" line. He is exactly who I was thinking should be the first pick if we didn't take another QB. I've been watching him and he truly is a clone of Becton.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
Even though he is currently a left tackle I personally believe that he has the talent to play anywhere on the "O" line. He is exactly who I was thinking should be the first pick if we didn't take another QB. I've been watching him and he truly is a clone of Becton.
if I believed Darnold to be a winner, I would be excited for another Becton

hopefully I'm wrong