The Walking Dead spinoff coming this Summer!

TeachDown

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
If you are saddened by the end of this season's Walking Dead and don't know what to do with yourself until October, have no fear, AMC is planning to air a new original spinoff of The Walking Dead this summer.

The spinoff, is titled "Fear the Walking Dead" and its supposed to follow the early days of the zombie outbreak in Los Angeles. I for one am excited for more walkers!

Here's the official teaser trailer:

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
i think i figured out the show's title.. initially the
walkers are "feared" but soon after in the ZA you...

TeachDown

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
AMC is saying its starting in late summer, so probably August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
[video]http://www.indiewire.com/embed/player.jsp?videoId=0000014e-0d14-d74a-a57f-4f9fd6c20000&width=480[/video]

New trailer...

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
images

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
I'm pretty excited for this. I really think eventually the two groups will merge for a crazy finale or something.
i can see the two shows having some kind of easter egg hints that they both exist in the same walking dead universe..

some form of a crossover could be epic but only if we end up "caring" about the new group/show..

almost forgot that you get to watch FTWD right from the beginning instead of playing catch up like with TWD.. nice..

can't wait for [MENTION=116]TeachDown[/MENTION] & his comprehensive break downs of the episodes..

TeachDown

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
i can see the two shows having some kind of easter egg hints that they both exist in the same walking dead universe..

some form of a crossover could be epic but only if we end up "caring" about the new group/show..

almost forgot that you get to watch FTWD right from the beginning instead of playing catch up like with TWD.. nice..

can't wait for [MENTION=116]TeachDown[/MENTION] & his comprehensive break downs of the episodes..

I can't wait until Fear the Walking Dead premieres this August. I've definitely been in withdrawal and it's only been getting worse with each passing Sunday. I really do look forward to analyzing and sharing my thoughts with everyone after each Walking Dead episode premieres. I can't wait to get back into it with the spin-off!

With that said, I heard that because the show will take places in California as the outbreak is unfolding (during the time period in which Rick is in coma) it will make any crossover between both shows difficult. I think in order for Fear to be a successful spin-off it needs to be entirely separate from its parent show. As an audience we need to get fully invested in this cast as we are with Rick and company. Once that occurs and after some time, I think a crossover would be amazing. How they would accomplish that in vastly different time periods and settings might be hard but definitely not impossible!

Can't wait to talk the walk!

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I can't wait until Fear the Walking Dead premieres this August. I've definitely been in withdrawal and it's only been getting worse with each passing Sunday. I really do look forward to analyzing and sharing my thoughts with everyone after each Walking Dead episode premieres. I can't wait to get back into it with the spin-off!

With that said, I heard that because the show will take places in California as the outbreak is unfolding (during the time period in which Rick is in coma) it will make any crossover between both shows difficult. I think in order for Fear to be a successful spin-off it needs to be entirely separate from its parent show. As an audience we need to get fully invested in this cast as we are with Rick and company. Once that occurs and after some time, I think a crossover would be amazing. How they would accomplish that in vastly different time periods and settings might be hard but definitely not impossible!

Can't wait to talk the walk!

They will have a tough task ahead of them. The thing that makes walking dead so great is the acting. Let's see if this new cast can act like Rick and crew!

TeachDown

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
They will have a tough task ahead of them. The thing that makes walking dead so great is the acting. Let's see if this new cast can act like Rick and crew!

I agree, but I think the key is not to duplicate what they have because it's going to be hard to compete with the original. For this spin-off, they are going to have to go different without straying too much from the premise if they want the audience to connect with the cast...

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
I agree, but I think the key is not to duplicate what they have because it's going to be hard to compete with the original. For this spin-off, they are going to have to go different without straying too much from the premise if they want the audience to connect with the cast...
lets see if they can catch lightning in a bottle, twice..

how about jon bernthal as the punisher??

i think it was a great choice..

TeachDown

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
lets see if they can catch lightning in a bottle, twice..

how about jon bernthal as the punisher??

i think it was a great choice..

I thought his casting as The Punisher is perfect, especially considering his acting in Season 2 of TWD. I wonder if he'll get his own spin-off netflix series...

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
I thought his casting as The Punisher is perfect, especially considering his acting in Season 2 of TWD. I wonder if he'll get his own spin-off netflix series...
if the punisher becomes wildly popular on daredevil why not??

have you seen daredevil's season 2 trailer?? very cool stuff.. plus it's evident they have put a lot more money into the production of the show..

very promising & i thought season 1 was great!!