Todd McShay has his own NFL Draft Order

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Apparently in his newest mock he has changed the Jets order picking 4th and 9th even though as of right now we have the 4th and 7th picks. So without a due he has chosen:

i
4. New York Jets (3-10)
Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU*

The Jets went offense with their first four picks in 2021, but it's time to address defense. This season, they are allowing a league-high 8.3 yards per pass attempt, have just four interceptions and are one of three teams allowing 70% completions. Stingley's production dipped a bit after a six-INT freshman year at LSU, and he has been out because of a left foot injury, but he can absolutely be the kind of shutdown corner New York clearly has to find.

i
9. New York Jets (via 5-8 SEA)
Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame*

I'd love to get New York some help at edge rushing or offensive tackle, but the top players at those positions are off the board. No team has ever used multiple top-10 picks on defensive backs in the same year, per ESPN Stats & Information, but did I mention how much work the Jets' pass defense needs? Stingley and Hamilton would immediately elevate this unit. Hamilton -- who I liken to Denver's Justin Simmons -- has an incredible combination of 6-foot-4 size and speed, plays with great instincts and demonstrates the leadership qualities you want from a high draft pick. And he hauled in three interceptions in seven games before a knee injury derailed his season.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I wouldn't be excited by this draft. Haven't we got reasonable safeties on IR, plus other safeties we are trying to turn into LBs? I would like to get some help for Sack, perhaps a comfort blanket TE or a first down RB like Derrick Henry.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I wouldn't be excited by this draft. Haven't we got reasonable safeties on IR, plus other safeties we are trying to turn into LBs? I would like to get some help for Sack, perhaps a comfort blanket TE or a first down RB like Derrick Henry.
not that I agree with his concept I wouldn't spend a high pick on Derek Stingley nor Kyle Hamilton for our team we need one IOL & WR early

I prefer Ikem Ekwonu an OT at NC State converts to OG at this level NFL Comparison Alijah Vera Tucker literally...
At wide receiver I prefer Jahan Dotson but wouldn't be upset to take Jamson Williams at this point...

We need to finish or at least attempt to add to our OL..
Connor McGovern's play as AVT and LDT have progressed so has his game...
AVT with a full year under his belt add in a similar guy at RG will give us a formidable interior...
Chuma Edoga, George Fant can fight over the right tackle position... Jets could spend a late day 3 pick on a developmental option like Ben Petrula from Boston College - 4 year starter at BC, but as of right now projects at Guard but if developed properly could eventually take over at right tackle...

So many options, too early really to evaluate the target of the this team but the options early are already presenting themselves...

Elijah Moore is a stud we need another one like him and Jahan Dotson would give us a dangerous duo with Moore...

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If we have 2 picks in the top 10 you would spend 1 of them on. WR ?

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
new big board posted this morning...
will let you know why I choose to trade one...

new shakeup in top 5, plenty of options 10-20 and beyond...

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
[/QUOTE]
not that I agree with his concept I wouldn't spend a high pick on Derek Stingley nor Kyle Hamilton for our team we need one IOL & WR early

I prefer Ikem Ekwonu an OT at NC State converts to OG at this level NFL Comparison Alijah Vera Tucker literally...
At wide receiver I prefer Jahan Dotson but wouldn't be upset to take Jamson Williams at this point...

We need to finish or at least attempt to add to our OL..
Connor McGovern's play as AVT and LDT have progressed so has his game...
AVT with a full year under his belt add in a similar guy at RG will give us a formidable interior...
Chuma Edoga, George Fant can fight over the right tackle position... Jets could spend a late day 3 pick on a developmental option like Ben Petrula from Boston College - 4 year starter at BC, but as of right now projects at Guard but if developed properly could eventually take over at right tackle...

So many options, too early really to evaluate the target of the this team but the options early are already presenting themselves...

Elijah Moore is a stud we need another one like him and Jahan Dotson would give us a dangerous duo with Moore...

so true...at one time, i was against taking any skill positions on offense, but not anymore. get Dotson as a 2nd rounder and in a later round Metchie in the 4th. I bet we can also get Whyle at TE or Calcaterra in the 4th to 5th too.

if we do not go RT early, check out Tyler Smith from Tulsa late...6"6" and 330 with good athleticism.

i agree, though, we cannot put 2 firsts into the defensive backfield.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
so true...at one time, i was against taking any skill positions on offense, but not anymore. get Dotson as a 2nd rounder and in a later round Metchie in the 4th. I bet we can also get Whyle at TE or Calcaterra in the 4th to 5th too.

if we do not go RT early, check out Tyler Smith from Tulsa late...6"6" and 330 with good athleticism.

Dotson is a 1st round prospect won't be there in 2nd round and Metchie III is projected as a late 2nd early 3rd
Tyler Smith projects to guard at next level, has good drive blocking ability but his kick slide/footwork is unimpressive for the next level he will get eaten up...

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Especially when one is coming off an ankle problem and one is coming off a knee problem.
If we drafted them the bookies would be lining up to give odds on how quickly they would recover and/or be re-injured.

Later

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Dotson is a 1st round prospect won't be there in 2nd round and Metchie III is projected as a late 2nd early 3rd
Tyler Smith projects to guard at next level, has good drive blocking ability but his kick slide/footwork is unimpressive for the next level he will get eaten up...
Metchie tore up his ACL. and probably won’t be drafted until late if at all . Kid should probably go back to school if he has eligibility.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I don't think McShay is too far off. Fans are not going to like it but we do need to add a Saftey and Corner this draft. This class is top heavy at defense with a couple of high graded offensive players sprinkled in, with 10-12 really solid players and then numerous 2nd and third round players. A trade back would make alot of sense. Add some day 2 picks and an additional first or second for next season.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't think McShay is too far off. Fans are not going to like it but we do need to add a Saftey and Corner this draft. This class is top heavy at defense with a couple of high graded offensive players sprinkled in, with 10-12 really solid players and then numerous 2nd and third round players. A trade back would make alot of sense. Add some day 2 picks and an additional first or second for next season.
We need a safety but really not a CB . We can get a safety in the late 2nd to early 3rd .

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
We need a safety but really not a CB . We can get a safety in the late 2nd to early 3rd .
I agree we can get a safety later, however the drop off in talent is significant. Sometimes you have to let the board come to you and if a position of need is avail and graded higher than another position of need, you take the better prospect.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I agree we can get a safety later, however the drop off in talent is significant. Sometimes you have to let the board come to you and if a position of need is avail and graded higher than another position of need, you take the better prospect.
I happened to think that we have the safety we need already on the roster. We’re playing Nass at linebacker and now he’s a glorified special teams player.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Right now I only see us beating Jax and picking 4th and Seattle picking 12th. I don't think anyone will want to trade up for a QB at #4 so it will depend on if Douglas wants to Draft an Offensive lineman this high. It will depend which OL gets past Jax.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This draft is going to give us a for certain blue print about who Joe Douglas is as a GM and how he goes about building a team .