Todd McShay has his own NFL Draft Order

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I think RG is the absolute biggest need right now on the offense. And I would have no issue using an early pick on one.

That said, as much as I like the stabilizing force McGovern has been at C, if they went C and moved McGovern to RG, or let the drafted C play RG until he was ready to slide into the center spot, I'd be good with it, too. McGovern has been the solid veteran presence I was hoping he would be after his somewhat rocky start. But he's still only a short-term answer.

As for RT, I like Fant, but I like him better at LT, where Becton already is. I'm not sold on Edoga being a long-term answer there. So if there was the chance to take a young upgrade with a relatively early pick, I wouldn't be upset if the Jets did it.
I think he would be unimpressive at guard if that was the plan to draft a center...
Fant showing his versatility playing well at left tackle but he also showed he was good at right tackle...
Chuma showed good and bad playing both sides but the stretch he was in at left tackle before he got injured he played well...
They do have Cameron Clark, they also have Grant Hermans both are IOL... I do know the scouts went to three Arkansas games this year, could be for Stromberg, but same could be said for all the other options the Razorbacks will have in this upcoming draft...

That being said there are other options at center that do not have a first round price tag...
There are some players also playing guard with experience of having played center that could be a draw for JD...
Two options come to mind: Cade Mays Tennessee and Chasen Hines of LSU

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
btw - with the annual draft board QB climb already started......me thinks one of those two Jet picks gets traded. Just this week the mock updates are putting QBs in top 10 depending on what basement blogger spits it out. Pickett I saw at #3 to HOU in one. That potentially sets up all kinds of crazy scenarios for Jets.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I think he would be unimpressive at guard if that was the plan to draft a center...
Fant showing his versatility playing well at left tackle but he also showed he was good at right tackle...
Chuma showed good and bad playing both sides but the stretch he was in at left tackle before he got injured he played well...
They do have Cameron Clark, they also have Grant Hermans both are IOL... I do know the scouts went to three Arkansas games this year, could be for Stromberg, but same could be said for all the other options the Razorbacks will have in this upcoming draft...

That being said there are other options at center that do not have a first round price tag...
There are some players also playing guard with experience of having played center that could be a draw for JD...
Two options come to mind: Cade Mays Tennessee and Chasen Hines of LSU

I do like Mays. I also wouldn't mind the kid from BC with one of the second rounders, Alec Lindstrom. If they go all defense in the first round, I'd be up for that.

Priorities have to be:

Defense
Protection
Weapons

In that order, I'd say.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I do like Mays. I also wouldn't mind the kid from BC with one of the second rounders, Alec Lindstrom. If they go all defense in the first round, I'd be up for that.

Priorities have to be:

Defense
Protection
Weapons

In that order, I'd say.
OL & WR in the first
LB & TE in the 2nd
DL in 3rd
RB & OC in the 4th
LB & WR in the 5th

any other picks we get through trade down in the first
any other picks we get through offing players
get a 2nd TE, OT, DE, S

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
reason(s) this draft is loaded on the defensive side including the position we need in linebackers...
so continuing the OL rebuild...
getting a talent to pair with Elijah Moore has to be an option
early...

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
OL & WR in the first
LB & TE in the 2nd
DL in 3rd
RB & OC in the 4th
LB & WR in the 5th

any other picks we get through trade down in the first
any other picks we get through offing players
get a 2nd TE, OT, DE, S

Could I sell you on going with Zion Johnson in the 4th, depending on whether OG is addressed before? I like him with a mid-round pick, and I think he could handle the zone blocking scheme.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Zion will be taken early in the second...
I can sell you Marquis Hayes, Oklahoma in the 4th
I can sell you Austin Deculus, LSU (plays center too)
I can sell you Chasen Hines LSU (plays center too) 5th round pick

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Zion will be taken early in the second...
I can sell you Marquis Hayes, Oklahoma in the 4th
I can sell you Austin Deculus, LSU (plays center too)
I can sell you Chasen Hines LSU (plays center too) 5th round pick

Early 2nd? Wow. I would have thought third, but early second is higher than I would have expected. And he's a player I like a lot.

I think Hines may go before the fifth, though.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Looking at this draft the Jets are probably going to have to make a decision on either trading down and adding to the OL or taking one of the 2 top edge rushers .

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
not with this GM even though this HC thrives on safety hybrids on defense
But the defense doesn't thrive with them. They are constantly being knocked on their butts because they are too small to play the position in the face of a strong run game. The defense lacks the size to play the physical teams.
Later

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
But the defense doesn't thrive with them. They are constantly being knocked on their butts because they are too small to play the position in the face of a strong run game. The defense lacks the size to play the physical teams.
Later
this year's roster is an evaluation of last year's roster with some additions they are all in transition learning how to play the game how Saleh wants them to play... it might seem one way but in reality this year was the learning curve and should not expect results in bunches...

there has been individual success which amplifies the areas that need to be overhauled moving forward...

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I don't think this draft is loaded with Linebackers. I do think we should add more then 1 WR in the draft especially in the 3rd or 4th Rd. I do hope we use our first Rd picks on Offense and add a TE in the 2nd Rd.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't think this draft is loaded with Linebackers. I do think we should add more then 1 WR in the draft especially in the 3rd or 4th Rd. I do hope we use our first Rd picks on Offense and add a TE in the 2nd Rd.
It’s loaded with our style of linebackers. It’s the new wave in the league with the evolution of the pass catching TE who really can’t block worth a darn .

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't think this draft is loaded with Linebackers.
you are kidding right?

as it stands right now the count is 55 linebackers...
of the 55, 22 are 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB
the rest are 4-3 linebackers but yea like you said not loaded sheesh...
there are talent stacked at this position all the way to the 5th round... but specific scheme fit to Saleh's defense will drop that number down to 16 potentials...

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
you are kidding right?

as it stands right now the count is 55 linebackers...
of the 55, 22 are 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB
the rest are 4-3 linebackers but yea like you said not loaded sheesh...
there are talent stacked at this position all the way to the 5th round... but specific scheme fit to Saleh's defense will drop that number down to 16 potentials...
And the vast majority of them can be had on day 2 which I why I would love that extra 2nd and another 3rd rounder by trading down with one of those 1st rounders .

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
And the vast majority of them can be had on day 2 which I why I would love that extra 2nd and another 3rd rounder by trading down with one of those 1st rounders .
doubt we get both 2nd and 3rd this year on trade down...
like I stated before if a trade down does happen have to be open to getting a return:
1st pick (20s)
2nd round pick
one maybe push two 4th rounds
2023 2nd & 3rd that is where we can get two day 2 picks without getting that first even tho a team that is making that jump maybe willing to part with a 1st instead of those two picks... Smarter move is getting more ammo not placement picks...

getting one maybe two fourths to go with our two fourths is building the stockpile...
getting an additional 2nd this year allows us to grab 3 positions in the second round...
this draft like others is deep with rich talent all the way through the fourth round, which is great for us having three maybe four picks in the fourth...

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
This team has cap problems. It' wouldn't bother me if they traded one of those 1st round picks into 2023.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This team has cap problems. It' wouldn't bother me if they traded one of those 1st round picks into 2023.
what cap problems?
2022 cap space $48,200,027
2023 cap space $124,935,359
2024 cap space $196,153,551