Update Jets release statement Gase is Fired!!!

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Now jax will trade back with The Jets. For Darnold & our other number one pick & next years first lol.

Last edited:

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Our source also told us that no decision about Sam Darnold has been made and the new coach will have a say in what they do at QB.

If the new coach is smart he has to move on . I'm sure the GM will have a say and he has to feel the same way.
I hope.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
We spoke with our Jets source who confirmed that the teams’ recent wins will have no baring on the organizations decision on HC Adam Gase. Gase will still be fired after the game on Sunday.

The organization made its decision weeks ago and began reaching out to the agents of potential candidates. With the team losing out on the #1 pick, the job isn’t as attractive as it was then but it should still be a solid landing spot as the team has the #2 pick, multiple first rounders in the next few years and the second most cap space moving forward.

Our source also told us that no decision about Sam Darnold has been made and the new coach will have a say in what they do at QB.

GM Joe Douglas will lead the search and acting owner Christopher Johnson will sit in on interviews but the final say will be Douglas’.

I hope your correct on this one! Please let this be the case.

maxmet

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Douglas final say is good. Must be lines of authority.

I can imagine a new coach saying - lets NOT take Fields. I am not convinced he will be excellent. Lets give Darnold another year. IF someone we really like drops to our other first round pick (unlikely) or is available later in the draft, we'll add a QB.

We MIGHT find a coach who wants a chance to fix Darnold.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Cant believe this site is not busy now....guys must be in shock. I just hope he does not end up as an OC for the Cardinals.......there is talk that the Cards could use an OC please no

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Well he still is coaching Sunday, isn't he?

That he was getting fired after the game is about as surprising finding fish at an aquarium

That he should be fired I had no doubt but with current ownership I was not totally convinced it was going to happen. Needless to say I am now breathing a big sigh of relief. Of course we now need to consider the fact that this means the team is going to have to learn yet another new system.

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
That he should be fired I had no doubt but with current ownership I was not totally convinced it was going to happen. Needless to say I am now breathing a big sigh of relief. Of course we now need to consider the fact that this means the team is going to have to learn yet another new system.

as long as they unlearn the current system !