Update Jets release statement Gase is Fired!!!

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Getting Trevor and a coach of our choice is not mutually exclusive.
We're not getting Trevor, but irrelevant to that point.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
It would be truly amazing if CJ stays out of this and allows Douglas to pick the next coach and have total control of that aspect. CJ needs to learn how to delegate and get out of the way. He is his own worse enemy.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
It would be truly amazing if CJ stays out of this and allows Douglas to pick the next coach and have total control of that aspect. CJ needs to learn how to delegate and get out of the way. He is his own worse enemy.

Ok agree, but ......
Woody let Charley Casserly recommend Todd Bowles
And then Peyton picks Fuckin Gase
The best would be put out a poll and let the fans pick someone
Can’t get worse

who’s the Big Name we’re after ?
I have no idea
Start the poll !!!!!!

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Ok agree, but ......
Woody let Charley Casserly recommend Todd Bowles
And then Peyton picks Fuckin Gase
The best would be put out a poll and let the fans pick someone
Can’t get worse

who’s the Big Name we’re after ?
I have no idea
Start the poll !!!!!!

The HC and GM need to be a team, this whole stupid org shit with each reports to the CEO independently was just shear stupidity.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Hiring the right HC is going to be the key to this entire organization. With the correct HC, CS and Joe D. getting the best players here, they can build a contender. Maybe even a dynasty! With the right HC and coaching staff, they can make an average QB into a Super bowl winner. Look at what teams like the Tampa Bay Bucs with Gruden and that defense did. I can't remember if the QB was Dilfer or Bradford but either way, they won that SB despite their QB not because of them. The Ravens won both their SBs with average QBs. The Patriots winning their first with Brady and the Steelers winning their first with Big-Ben was the same. They were average at that time but of course they are now first ballot HOFers.

Even our own very Jets teams with Rex Ryan and Sanchez were contenders and Sanchez was below average for most of both of the seasons, especially his rookie year. So it is very possible to win with Darnold if the new HC is the right guy and he wants to keep Darnold. It's going to be hard to pass up on Fields with what he did against Clemson the other day and win or lose, I'm assuming he'll play well enough against Bama so his stock doesn't drop at all. So as much as I wanted Trevor Lawrence I will admit that having the right coaching staff and GM here is even more important. All the Johnsons need to do now is collaborate with Joe D. in hiring the right guy and stay the hell out the way!

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I still don't trust CJ! I'll believe he is firing Gase once the official announcement is made that he is gone.