Update Jets release statement Gase is Fired!!!

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Cant believe this site is not busy now....guys must be in shock. I just hope he does not end up as an OC for the Cardinals.......there is talk that the Cards could use an OC please no
Is this a Cards/Jets board? Asking for a friend. Giphy Baa Dumm.gif

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Y
is it odd that they fire him but then let him coach the last game? seems weird to me
yea very weird
Hey Adam , you’re fired
Take your time though you can even coach the game Sunday if you want

fucked up organization

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Can you just see Belichick leaking something to the media? He wouldn't give you the time in Foxborough.BB emotions.jpg

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
We've been saying this for years after each ugly loss.
But he's risen from the grave more times than Dracula.
And our owner, while not a Registered Cretin, has been working hard for his certification.
So, Let's wait until a Johnson brain transplant takes hold and he finally drives that stake through Gase's heart.

Later

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
This news is about as good as it would’ve been if we would’ve gotten the number one draft pick. It might even turn out to be better if we get the right coaching staff in here who can coach Sam Donald or whomever into being a great quarterback. I’m glad they made the right decision. It’s time to move on to bigger and better things now. I’m back to being a fan again!

Last edited:

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
We (the Jets) should finally learn some important criteria in a head coach. Rex was well-liked, but disregarded offense a bit. I'd take him tomorrow as a DC, but he is proof the importance all details that go into being a head coach. It seems a "Parcells-like" personality yields more success in some cases than a "friend-type" coach. Parcells himself learned to re-adjust his personality after a poor start as a HC. He believed respect is more important than popularity. Bowles, Herm, Kotite and others are terrific guys, but it seems the NFL cares only about the W!

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I say we go without a HC saves us all those silly PRESS CONFERENCES & post game shows, I think Woody needs to give us gameday Alcohol Stimulus checks instead of spending money on a coach. Think how happy we will all be win or lose. Now Woody & Chris will fight on how big the checks should be. I say a six pack a half should do it for most of us. Sorry CH your $$$$ beer may not be 100% covered. Why do we need a coach it has not made us any better in the last 50 years.

They all say the same thing for 53 years

"We have to look at the film".
"We need to make corrections"
"We need to cut down on penalties."
"We need to give it time".

INSTEAD

"Honey can you pass me another beer"
"Boy free whiskey tastes better"
"This game sure gets better with each quarter"
"Sorry I fell asleep honey but I know I did not miss anything"

In fact lets get rid of our fat GM & increase the Stimulus to cover free pizza.

No more
Vernon Gholston or Dunderheads just let us draft from here.

Happy Jet fans

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
I say we go without a HC saves us all those silly PRESS CONFERENCES & post game shows, I think Woody needs to give us gameday Alcohol Stimulus checks instead of spending money on a coach. Think how happy we will all be win or lose. Now Woody & Chris will fight on how big the checks should be. I say a six pack a half should do it for most of us. Sorry CH your $$$$ beer may not be 100% covered. Why do we need a coach it has not made us any better in the last 50 years.

They all say the same thing for 53 years

"We have to look at the film".
"We need to make corrections"
"We need to cut down on penalties."
"We need to give it time".

INSTEAD

"Honey can you pass me another beer"
"Boy free whiskey tastes better"
"This game sure gets better with each quarter"
"Sorry I fell asleep honey but I know I did not miss anything"

In fact lets get rid of our fat GM & increase the Stimulus to cover free pizza.

No more
Vernon Gholston or Dunderheads just let us draft from here.

Happy Jet fans
my beers come in 4 packs so I don't need a 6 pack and woody can afford me that after all these years of misery

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Gase says he doesnt know anything about this report of being fired.
It must suck living under a rock, or maybe he thinks if he wins Sunday, he'll be 10-22 as a Jets coach, and that a 31% win rate
is successful?
Giphy spitup.gif

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
You don't coach 15 games with an almost nearly perfect loss record, and then get fired before game #16.
He shouldn't survive in his job, but I don't think he was fired.........yet.

The N.F.L. is not a "You got your 2 weeks notice" industry. If he was fired, he'd be gone that day. Anything else is senseless and cruel.

Last edited:

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
It will be one of the happiest days of my Jets fandom when this does officially becomes official.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This news is about as good as it would’ve been if we would’ve gotten the number one draft pick. It might even turn out to be better if we get the right coaching staff in here who can coach Sam Donald or whomever into being a great quarterback. I’m glad they made the right decision. It’s time to move on to bigger and better things now. I’m back to being a fan again!

Coaching staff is way more important than Trevor Lawrence.

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Well it wouldn’t surprise me if gutless Chris Johnson couldn’t muster up the balls to actually tell shithead he was toast. But the cats outta the bag now Gase...... so pack your shit and hit the bricks ......