What are your expectations right now for the 2022 season?

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
For me it starts with the offensive line, regardless who starts where they play. I hope the execution in the blocking scheme is not a problem as it was last year. There were lapses of assignments often missed by a lot of players especially one that was released yesterday. It starts up front but I believe even though they draft Breece that Mike Carter will lead the yards from scrimmage. Yes I know Breece is a dual threat but will take time for him to get going, like he said at Iowa State he was over used so a step back might be needed for him to find his role, which I am all for.

Expectations for the RBs mainly Mike Carter and Breece Hall a total yards from scrimmage around 2,250 yards as for touchdowns we want as much as possible. I just want to see steady improvement from this position group. Can they score 15 combined, awesome but if they only combined for 5 it will be growth for the continued success of the offense.

My worry comes from the receiving group as much as I hope for Mims to come back and be the guy we wanted there is still that worry that he might not fit this style of play. Corey Davis had lets be plain n simple a shit season, got paid and shitted the bed with all those drops. Confidence on those two are low. Braxton Berrios was the light last season but he can not be the only productive consistent receiver. I know injuries hampered Moore from the start and end of the year. The fear is that players will have a harder time to play an entire season nowadays. So drafting Garrett Wilson was the move that had to happen but can he be an immediate addition? I think he will become more of a screen guy, short routes into the flat and crossing routes over the middle to start the season just to get his fee wet, now will they take deep shots of course do I believe that is the wrong approach, yes but with Zach he has the capability to pull it off, just unsure on the other hand the target in question will be able to gain that separation to be the receiver on the back end to finish the play.

I expect the way Zach finished the season he comes in and continues that high play. Just unsure if he now thinks he can continue how he started last season as the hero ball quarterback. That is my fear just hope he proves me wrong. Until he shows that he is that guy, that will play within the system and not try to be the hero guy then I can have full confidence in him rather fearing he will be the cause of our offensive problems.

Defensively it comes down to the additions understanding their roles and executing. Defensive head coach, a lot of veteran talent and former Saleh guys should see a boost of succession rate that we suffered through last year.

Jets Global

Thoughts?

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
My expectations all center around Zach Wilson . If he’s what we paid for, then I expect the rest of this team to challenge the Bills. That’s why I don’t want to play them until week 6 and in their home first . I know that the Patriots have been a thorn in our butts, but I also feel that how we play against tha Bills have always determined what type of season we’re going to have .
Wilson steps up and we’re going to be a migraine for the AFC .

Last edited by a moderator:

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
For me it starts with the offensive line, regardless who starts where they play. I hope the execution in the blocking scheme is not a problem as it was last year. There were lapses of assignments often missed by a lot of players especially one that was released yesterday. It starts up front but I believe even though they draft Breece that Mike Carter will lead the yards from scrimmage. Yes I know Breece is a dual threat but will take time for him to get going, like he said at Iowa State he was over used so a step back might be needed for him to find his role, which I am all for.

Expectations for the RBs mainly Mike Carter and Breece Hall a total yards from scrimmage around 2,250 yards as for touchdowns we want as much as possible. I just want to see steady improvement from this position group. Can they score 15 combined, awesome but if they only combined for 5 it will be growth for the continued success of the offense.

My worry comes from the receiving group as much as I hope for Mims to come back and be the guy we wanted there is still that worry that he might not fit this style of play. Corey Davis had lets be plain n simple a shit season, got paid and shitted the bed with all those drops. Confidence on those two are low. Braxton Berrios was the light last season but he can not be the only productive consistent receiver. I know injuries hampered Moore from the start and end of the year. The fear is that players will have a harder time to play an entire season nowadays. So drafting Garrett Wilson was the move that had to happen but can he be an immediate addition? I think he will become more of a screen guy, short routes into the flat and crossing routes over the middle to start the season just to get his fee wet, now will they take deep shots of course do I believe that is the wrong approach, yes but with Zach he has the capability to pull it off, just unsure on the other hand the target in question will be able to gain that separation to be the receiver on the back end to finish the play.

I expect the way Zach finished the season he comes in and continues that high play. Just unsure if he now thinks he can continue how he started last season as the hero ball quarterback. That is my fear just hope he proves me wrong. Until he shows that he is that guy, that will play within the system and not try to be the hero guy then I can have full confidence in him rather fearing he will be the cause of our offensive problems.

Defensively it comes down to the additions understanding their roles and executing. Defensive head coach, a lot of veteran talent and former Saleh guys should see a boost of succession rate that we suffered through last year.

Jets Global

Thoughts?

I'm optimistic that the receivers will be much better productively this season. Just a gut feeling but it's also a strong feeling. Our RB situation I believe will be exceptional right from the start. That will definately help Zach out. Even though our offense and defense is much improved I still expect a few hiccups in the beginning because there are a lot of new faces that have to learn the scheme, the play book, and how to function as a cohesive unit. I think Zach will be fine, especially if, as you say, he doesn't try to do it all himself and actually plays within the scheme and lets his play-makers do the heavy lifting. He will almost certainly have more time because of better protection especially with Mr. just run by me unchallenged having been released and replaced with players that can actually do the job.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
7 wins was my expectation before the draft. Now I want to see 9 wins. At the end of the day I want meaningful football at start of December. 6 wins or less is a complete disaster of a season and hot seats will be starting.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
7 wins was my expectation before the draft. Now I want to see 9 wins. At the end of the day I want meaningful football at start of December. 6 wins or less is a complete disaster of a season and hot seats will be starting.

I have a hunch that you won't be disappointed.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
As always it boils down to the line of scrimmage. While vastly improved on paper, We don't know what We got until We see it on the Field. I expect Zach to take some big steps this Season but I do expect Him to struggle early(New players, developing a connection, ETC)
All in all with their schedule I would have to say right around 7 wins. 8 or 9 if they get lucky.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
My expectations are higher for sure. Why wouldn’t they be? We have many new players coming in, including Lawson and Becton who missed the entire season. A starting tackle and a pass rusher. That’s big. Then the FA moves: two quality TE’s, a new pro bowl LG, and two good secondary players in Whitehead and Reed. Then, JD crushes the draft with 4-6 immediate impact players. Our young QB was thrown into the fire and progressed as the year went on. The o-line can be special if Becton comes back strong. I think the secondary could be very good, too, with all the additions including Lamarcus Joyner.

The Jets will be better than a 4 win team, barring injuries again. That’s a certainty. The question is how much better. I’m guessing anywhere from 3-6 wins better (floor vs ceiling). As we’ve all recognized, Zach Wilson has to take the next step in his development. The talent is there, he just has to make the necessary adjustments that all young QB’s must make. More cerebral than physical. Wilson definitely flashed some special traits throughout the year. I’m confident. I really like the potential in this kid. I think the Jets are going to play in competitive games in 22. No more blowouts.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
My expectations are higher for sure. Why wouldn’t they be? We have many new players coming in, including Lawson and Becton who missed the entire season. A starting tackle and a pass rusher. That’s big. Then the FA moves: two quality TE’s, a new pro bowl LG, and two good secondary players in Whitehead and Reed. Then, JD crushes the draft with 4-6 immediate impact players. Our young QB was thrown into the fire and progressed as the year went on. The o-line can be special if Becton comes back strong. I think the secondary could be very good, too, with all the additions including Lamarcus Joyner.

The Jets will be better than a 4 win team, barring injuries again. That’s a certainty. The question is how much better. I’m guessing anywhere from 3-6 wins better (floor vs ceiling). As we’ve all recognized, Zach Wilson has to take the next step in his development. The talent is there, he just has to make the necessary adjustments that all young QB’s must make. More cerebral than physical. Wilson definitely flashed some special traits throughout the year. I’m confident. I really like the potential in this kid. I think the Jets are going to play in competitive games in 22. No more blowouts.

Now, you're talking........................... :eyebrows:

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

Jets Global

Thoughts?
All that
And much more
Much much more !!!!!!
But that’s me
I go into the season high.
And come out low
I have Jet induced win the division Bipolar syndrome

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
. 6 wins or less is a complete disaster of a season and hot seats will be starting.
Well
Vegas has us at win total at
5 1/2
So you can win at your 6 wins and it’s still I disaster
I’ll be in at that over
and to win the division

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I agree about the disaster part but not about the hot seat part . A young team has got to learn how to win games first . Hopefully last year against the Bucs, Titans, Colts and Fish combined with pulling games out against the Bengals and the aforementioned Titans gives us a head start on learning what it takes to win

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
Well
Vegas has us at win total at
5 1/2
So you can win at your 6 wins and it’s still I disaster
I’ll be in at that over
and to win the division
i'm not a gambler but even i could see myself putting down a few bucks on the over..

****, we better win at least 6 this season or what are we doing here?!

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Key players get injured, fourth place in Division.
With what we’ve done to the roster over the last 2 off seasons, a lot of key players will have to get injured . We have basically replaced all of our starters from last year with upgraded talent minus a few on both sides of the ball. With the exception of the TE position our starters from last season were solid to above average

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I'm most worried about the run defense going in.........the DL needs to get guys in settled roles and gel.........gonna be interesting to see how the LBs perform. God forbid CJ gets hurt - that is the one injury that could collapse the D a bit.

Offense - not overly worried...I feel the OC learned enough and proved he can put together a decent gameplan.

overall as usual, it comes down to health.........and with the team not particularly deep in enough areas, some good fortune is needed to stay healthy.