What are your expectations right now for the 2022 season?

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
@Old#15 ...i wish it was all "enthusiasm". i am just looking at the roster and seeing one as good unit to unit as some of the teams we wouldn't be shocked to seeing at 11 to 13 wins.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
@Old#15 ...i wish it was all "enthusiasm". i am just looking at the roster and seeing one as good unit to unit as some of the teams we wouldn't be shocked to seeing at 11 to 13 wins.
i hear you skop, the jets on paper look like a team that should be competitive (8+ wins) even if z wilson makes only modest strides this coming season..

if he makes a jump?! all bets are off in my book..

Last edited:

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
If we stay relatively healthy, I expect us to win 7-9 games. I also expect that there will be people saying JD or Salah are on the hot seat before the season even starts, because stupidity exists.

welcome aboard, @Iowan Jets Fan .

unless JD or Saleh are found doing something horrific to Curtis Martin or Namath, i can't see their seats hot to start the year.
when the national media is gushing over the roster overhaul, you've reached rarified air in Jets-ville.

why do we have to stay healthy to win 7 to 9? What if KC, BUFF, OAK, SD, DENV, BALT, PITT, or any of the other favorites to win 11 + games have the injury plagued year we had last year? What if all of them do?

do we still have to be the healthiest team in the league to beat any of them?

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I'm sticking with my 10 wins or more. There is now a lot of real talent on this team. I believe there are enough vets on the team, especially with the free agency signings to help the rookies get on point faster. Like Iowan Jets Fan just mentioned above it depends on the team staying pretty healthy over all. We do have the second toughest schedule this year. No surprise there. Cheaterhater hoped that the first 4 games would be the easiest and I'm hoping right along with him because that would definitely be a big help. However, all in all, I think that with the improvements made and the experience of last season to build on, this team, this year, is going to surprise a lot of people.

Iowan Jets Fan

Day 3 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
welcome aboard, @Iowan Jets Fan .

unless JD or Saleh are found doing something horrific to Curtis Martin or Namath, i can't see their seats hot to start the year.
when the national media is gushing over the roster overhaul, you've reached rarified air in Jets-ville.

why do we have to stay healthy to win 7 to 9? What if KC, BUFF, OAK, SD, DENV, BALT, PITT, or any of the other favorites to win 11 + games have the injury plagued year we had last year? What if all of them do?

do we still have to be the healthiest team in the league to beat any of them?
I said "relatively healthy", not healthiest team in the league. I only meant that if we don't have a repeat of last year where we lose our top two safeties, top DE, two more DEs, top tackle, top FOUR WRs at one point, and many more. We had three Achilles tears! If we simply get back to the norm in injuries, we should win at least 7 games with our talent. If Zach balls out, then I can get easily see us as a 10 win team in the playoff hunt.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If we stay relatively healthy, I expect us to win 7-9 games. I also expect that there will be people saying JD or Salah are on the hot seat before the season even starts, because stupidity exists.
key guys have to stay healthy but now we have several key positions that have good depth rotation to survive injuries like RB, WR, TE and OL on offense the only real worry would be at QB.

on defense, well of course DL looks stacked but it is only stacked at the DE position. LB has good starter potential but thin at depth with youth hopefuls not even potential. Safety we have numbers but unproven numbers. Our best position is corner.

If we lose Zach Wilson or CJ Mosley this team could be in trouble. Especially if Quinnen or JFM go down we are definitely screwed. Potential for next season is a low of 6 a high of 11 wins. No one can predict injuries but the coaching staff has a better handle on or should have after year one at the helm, hopefully.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I see a 9 - 11 win season with our 2 main problems coming from our Linebackers and Center position.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Sounds like Chris Trapasso doesn't think much of the Jets' chances this year. Second overall?

For the record, Trapasso's mock posted here at JFU had the Jets taking JJ 4th overall. He then said THIS in his draft analysis:

"Jermaine Johnson was still picked too early and cost a lot in a trade up."

HOW DO THESE GUYS STILL HAVE JOBS?

1652329085234.png

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

I have been on 8 wins for a while, so I'm there with you. I just hope the fan base accepts incremental steps with a young foundation.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Sounds like Chris Trapasso doesn't think much of the Jets' chances this year. Second overall?

For the record, Trapasso's mock posted here at JFU had the Jets taking JJ 4th overall. He then said THIS in his draft analysis:

"Jermaine Johnson was still picked too early and cost a lot in a trade up."

HOW DO THESE GUYS STILL HAVE JOBS?

View attachment 3867
He sounds like a freaking moron. Looks like one too!

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
To play competitive football as a team to be reckoned with.

I like “Meaningful games in December”. Or “in the hunt”. It’s time to be a team in the hunt for a playoff spot after Thanksgiving. I don’t think that’s too much to ask at this point.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Hot seats are often the creation of fans and media. Not based on any concrete evidence. Just emotionally based declarations when personal expectations aren’t met.

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Hot seats are often the creation of fans and media. Not based on any concrete evidence. Just emotionally based declarations when personal expectations aren’t met.
Very true but unfortunately the Johnsons have proven that they have zero backbone in standing up to that pressure

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
I have been on 8 wins for a while, so I'm there with you. I just hope the fan base accepts incremental steps with a young foundation.
if they win 8 games, then terrific. the team will play in a lot of very close games, to be certain.
i just wonder why it is pre-determined that we cannot be the ones who pull out more of them than we are "supposed to".

had we not overhauled the DLine, the CB's, the RB's, the WR's, the Oline, the TE's, but were still in the process of "incrementally" upgrading them, yes, 8 wins is a stellar season.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
if they win 8 games, then terrific. the team will play in a lot of very close games, to be certain.
i just wonder why it is pre-determined that we cannot be the ones who pull out more of them than we are "supposed to".

had we not overhauled the DLine, the CB's, the RB's, the WR's, the Oline, the TE's, but were still in the process of "incrementally" upgrading them, yes, 8 wins is a stellar season.

You want to see national media heads explode? Have the Jets OVERperform for once.

They wouldn't know what to do if the Jets were suddenly good. They've relied on the laziness of SOJ for so long.