What are your expectations right now for the 2022 season?

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
7 wins was my expectation before the draft. Now I want to see 9 wins. At the end of the day I want meaningful football at start of December. 6 wins or less is a complete disaster of a season and hot seats will be starting.
@Bigmoe and I hope we have meaningful games after Halloween. Dec 6th? That’s like winning the superbowl

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
I expect the tompabradies with groin and pEdelman, to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl and Brady to say he thought about retiring again but has decided to go for the repeat instead

Oh, maybe you were you asking about jetspectations G?

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
I just hope we open the season against the 4 easier teams that will be on our schedule so we have some time to learn to play together before we get thrown to the dogs

the first 4 games on our schedule will determine whether we win 5 games or are shooting for .500 or better.

on paper we are a lot better but Vegas still has us at 5 1/2. I hope they’re wrong

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
I think 8. But it's the Jets, so it is entirely possible the officials will give the Pats a TD on a close final play when they cross the 30 yard line, confusing it for the goal line.
Sack. With Brady gone, they don’t get those calls any more

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
I think 8. But it's the Jets, so it is entirely possible the officials will give the Pats a TD on a close final play when they cross the 30 yard line, confusing it for the goal line.
the jets getting jobbed by the officials/league in plain sight is a real thing & has been for years.. we haven't made the playoffs 11 years running but always seem to have one of the tougher schedules regardless.. & the 1st month of a season always seems as tough as possible..

all that said, it's still time to start playing competitively & winning some ball games like a real organization..

it's time..

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
the jets getting jobbed by the officials/league in plain sight is a real thing & has been for years.. we haven't made the playoffs 11 years running but always seem to have one of the tougher schedules regardless.. & the 1st month of a season always seems as tough as possible..

all that said, it's still time to start playing competitively & winning some ball games like a real organization..

it's time..
Yes. Schedule makers shaft us every single year

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
I'm expecting a 4 game improvement at the least. Not saying they should or will be a playoff team. I figure even in the losses, as long as they aren't blow outs and embarrassments, 8 wins seems about right at this point and shows true improvement and fight in the team. I'm expecting Zach Wilson to have a true jump in stats all around and leadership with these studs we have in this stable. Defense should jump from that dreaded 32 ranking to no worse than 20th this year.

I'm expecting a 1,000 yard rusher and receiver. I'm not quite sure who it will be but I see no reason why we shouldn't have one of each. I'm betting on Breece Hall being the 1,000 rusher but M. Carter will get his significant touches and contribute greatly. So that may cut into Hall's stat line. I'm expecting for them both to combine for about 1,500 to 1,700 yards rushing and about 400 to 700 yards receiving. Also about 10-15 tds combined.

I'm thinking G. Wilson will be our 1,000 yard receiver but if Davis can stay all year, he might be the one to get it. We also can't forget about E. Moore who's capable of that feet as well. All three may combine for about 2,500-2,700 receiving and 13-17 tds. Berrios should add in another 300-500 yards himself. I see all the TEs combining for a decent stat line also. All together this should put Z. Wilson at about 3,700 to 4,000 yards and higher 20-plus tds.

All together if this turns out the way I think or hope it will, this may turn to be more than 4 wins, maybe they hit 6 more wins and be a playoff team. I don't know about that but I'm looking for much more improvement from all three phrases, well four if were including the coaching! There have been teams that gone from worst to first quite a few times in the past. I don't think the Jets will be in this position with the division and conference as strong as it is but 4 more wins is reasonable enough IMO.

Last edited:

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
In one year"?
why not 11? why not more?

we proved last year that we can beat Super Bowl Teams (Cincy), #1 Seeded Teams(TN), and we could hang with the best in our division at their place (BUFF), and force favorites to repeat to win on a last drive (Tamp).
why is everyone so quick to circle a loss to those types of teams this year? Clearly, THEY shouldn't.

yes, the AFC is a beast, but not just for us, but for everyone else too.
i can see many games coming down to a score across the conference, and i think we have as much of a puncher's chance with our playmakers as anyone else does to get that go-ahead score + game altering plays on D.

we don't have to ask anyone if they "mind us winning" this year or have we earned "a right of passage".
why do guys like Cory, Uzomah, Berrios, Conk, Eli, Garrett, MC1 and Breece have to wait until 2023 to score knock out TDs?
why do guys like Carl, JJ2, Q, JFM, and Clemons (love this kid) have to wait until 2023 to get game altering strip sacks?
why do guys like Sauce, Reed, Bryce, MC2, Whitehead, have to wait until 2023 to get "game on ice picks"?

THIS ISN'T A CINDERELLA STORY, Gents... this team is loaded ;)

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics

we proved last year that we can beat Super Bowl Teams (Cincy), #1 Seeded Teams(TN), and we could hang with the best in our division at their place (BUFF), and force favorites to repeat to win on a last drive (Tamp).
why is everyone so quick to circle a loss to those types of teams this year? Clearly, THEY shouldn't.

i can see many games coming down to a score across the conference, and i think we have as much of a puncher's chance with our playmakers as anyone else does to get that go-ahead score + game altering plays on D.

we don't have to ask anyone if they "mind us winning" this year or have we earned "a right of passage".
why do guys like Cory, Uzomah, Berrios, Conk, Eli, Garrett, MC1 and Breece have to wait until 2023 to score knock out TDs?
why do guys like Carl, JJ2, Q, JFM, and Clemons (love this kid) have to wait until 2023 to get game altering strip sacks?
why do guys like Sauce, Reed, Bryce, MC2, Whitehead, have to wait until 2023 to get "game on ice picks"?

FROM YOUR LIPS TO GOD'S EARS!

HONESTLY, I AGREE WITH YOU BUT JUST TRYING TO KEEP IT ALL IN PERSPECTIVE AND NOT GO TO FAR WITH IT.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
FROM YOUR LIPS TO GOD'S EARS!

HONESTLY, I AGREE WITH YOU BUT JUST TRYING TO KEEP IT ALL IN PERSPECTIVE AND NOT GO TO FAR WITH IT.
i hear what you're saying! but i changed my mind when JD moved up to take Breece.
he and Saleh have a feeling they can win a lot quickly, or they wait on a RB that high.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

We’re so programmed to waiting on the next 👞 to drop that we can’t accept what’s steering us in the face . This team is as loaded as the team that started out 10-1 back under the late Joe Walton before it all came crashing down due to injuries.

The Jets short of Carl Lawson returning to his form and Zack Wilson becoming what he was drafted to be, are a scary team on paper . Now it’s up to Robert Saleah and Lafleur to transform paper into Iron.