Zach injury thread :

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
wilson's brief but dramatic night was telling & fortunate..

he continues to make dumb decisions with the ball & with the start of the season being what it is, i'm cool with flacco holding it down for a couple of weeks if need be..
Same here but he better watch his wife she is getting to the age that Wilson likes

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Well I was thinking we would get off to a hot start...before a fade...Now I am thinking the fade will lead to a hot draft

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
So Zach may be 'available' for week one. But can you play him in the first game if he hasn't practised with the first team for four weeks? He would certainly have a ready-made excuse for a poor performance.

CaptMyng

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Last time he hurt his knee was when he tried to play hero ball with Judon coming at him with a full head of steam. Now he gets hurt trying to put a Barry Sanders move on a defender during a preseason game when he could have easily gone out of bounds. I bet Saleh had some choice words for him regarding his decision making process.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
I'm concerned that this injury will be taking part of his game away.
He loves scrambling, trying to complete a play by dodging, cutting, etc.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
Last time he hurt his knee was when he tried to play hero ball with Judon coming at him with a full head of steam. Now he gets hurt trying to put a Barry Sanders move on a defender during a preseason game when he could have easily gone out of bounds. I bet Saleh had some choice words for him regarding his decision making process.
agreed.. still, i'm officially shaky on saleh's decision making as well..

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
So Zach may be 'available' for week one. But can you play him in the first game if he hasn't practised with the first team for four weeks? He would certainly have a ready-made excuse for a poor performance.
That may be true but if the kid is 95-100% ready for week 1 then you gotta go with him. This is the year to see how much he has progressed with no excuses. He has weapons, a much better oline and a better defense now. So we’ll give him week 1 if the he doesn’t play well but after that, he must step up!

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I think the evaluation lasts the entire year. He was drafted #2 overall and has the talent. The worst thing to do is listen to the calls for benching after 1/4 of the season. He needs a longer assessment.

I think they play this conservatively. No need to rush him back if he’s questionable week one. There’s 17 weeks of football. Bring him back when he’s 100%. Even if it’s not until week 3. Flacco can play for a few weeks and still give us a chance.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I think the evaluation lasts the entire year. He was drafted #2 overall and has the talent. The worst thing to do is listen to the calls for benching after 1/4 of the season. He needs a longer assessment.

I think they play this conservatively. No need to rush him back if he’s questionable week one. There’s 17 weeks of football. Bring him back when he’s 100%. Even if it’s not until week 3. Flacco can play for a few weeks and still give us a chance.
Flacco out played both Darnold and Wilson and has exactly zero wins to show for his stellar play as a Jet QB.
He should be a QB coach and retire like he was hinting at during the off season.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Flacco out played both Darnold and Wilson and has exactly zero wins to show for his stellar play as a Jet QB.
He should be a QB coach and retire like he was hinting at during the off season.
Flacco had no weapons last year. He was throwing to players at WR and TE who had no business on an NFL roster. Entirely different this year. Much better supporting cast. I think any of our QB’s will be better this year behind a better o-line and the weapons they have now.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

What if we are 3-0 with Flacco and Wilson is ready??

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Let’s all hope he’s plays from game one (as long as he’s good to go) and gives us the best season he can. Even if game one they protect him as much as they can it’s ok! Example: if the offense has 50 snaps of offense against the Ravens and they run the ball 35 times, I’m good with it. Same with the next game if it’s needed. Hopefully that next week he’ll feel more comfortable and they can get him more involved and so on.

Last edited:

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don’t think Wilson misses 4 games.
Yea
Just speculation and these things never work out in our favor
We shall see

“further inspection by doctors could reveal the meniscus tear to be worse than thought, resulting in a longer recovery period.”

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Quick story about my knee :
Blew it out in 1982
Went to the Giants orthopedic surgeon
Same one who operated on Simms that year
“Dr. Kim Sloan, the Giants' orthopedic surgeon, decided to perform major surgery while the knee was opened.”
He was out the year

Any way he said I had the meniscus tear and partial ligament tear
I remember walking after my surgery at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Simms in a room I passed and
So was Doug Kotar who had inoperable brain tumor in another room

My knee has been fucked up since
Fucking Giants Dr

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Flacco had no weapons last year. He was throwing to players at WR and TE who had no business on an NFL roster. Entirely different this year. Much better supporting cast. I think any of our QB’s will be better this year behind a better o-line and the weapons they have now.
This is an interesting debate. IIRC Mike White threw for 400 yards against a defense that played in the Super Bowl last season utilizing those same awful offensive players in a game the Jets managed to come from behind and win .