Jets Global
I think when Saleh signed up and in his 1st presser stated he “
looks forward to adversity “

He’d had no idea what he was saying or getting himself into

How’s that working out coach ?

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
You will only need that backup for one game. I think I would just wait until Brady's bye week and see who is available.
True but I couldn’t take that chance. Zach won’t be available until week 4 at least and I’m thinking they will hold him out maybe to week 6, to make sure he’s ready. Then you have to factor in when he finally gets in how will he look? Will he be fully prepared mentally and physically? So he’ll probably struggle.

So I went ahead and dropped him for Mayfield because it will be just my luck Brady goes down also or finally the age kicks in and he doesn’t look like the Brady we all know of him. This is the only year I drafted Brady and I truly didn’t want to in the first place. This fantasy football thing can be RUFF sometimes, Lol

Last edited:

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
True but I couldn’t take that chance. Zach won’t be available until week 4 at least and I’m thinking they will hold him out maybe to week 6, to make sure he’s ready. Then you have to factor in when he finally gets in how will he look? Will he be fully prepared mentally and physically? So he probably struggle.

So I went ahead and dropped him for Mayfield because it will be just my luck Brady goes down also or finally the age kicks in and he doesn’t look like the Brady we all know of him. This is the only year I drafted Brady and I truly didn’t want to in the first place. This fantasy football thing can be RUFF sometimes, Lol
Thats why I stopped playing. I can't handle the Jets sucking and my FF team being subpar.

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
After listening to Zach’s presser, where he basically admitted this was a 4-6 week injury, thereby throwing Saleh and the organization under the bus, it looks like 3 thing have occurred .
1. Zach is putting more confidence in his own medical people, and isn’t listening to the team docs.
2 Saleh, the ultimate team guy, is listening to the team docs and is pissed Zach isn’t…..
3 The Jets team docs don’t inspire a level of confidence with the players . Osemele, Mosely and his minor groin pull that turned out to be a season ender, Becton last year and quite possibly this year, and now Zach. It seems the medical staff doesn’t want to be the bearer of bad news, so they are overly optimistic on these injury timelines, and Saleh, being a team guy and not a doctor, listens to the team docs. When Saleh uses the terms “ our staff” and “their Staff”, that just doesn’t give a good light on things.
I know the media and fans are banging on Saleh about this….. but I don’t necessarily blame him on this debacle. He was blindsided on this one because Zach wants to listen to his staff. And I don’t blame Zach because he doesn’t have confidence in the teams docs. I guess Woody is to be blamed…. Because his medical staff’s record over the past few seasons is pretty dubious …..

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
If it’s a 4-6 week injury, week 1 of the season is week 3 I believe, so how big a stretch is it to offer 3 weeks as a possi. Many guys come back too early and team docs , sadly, are probably supposed to get these guys back asap.

some guys play with broken bones and all kinds of bad shit

if this team is ready to win now, then they should do better with Flacco anyway, unless he has thrown in the towel

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Believe it or not. Now is a good time to trade Zach. Atlanta or Texas would give us 2 #1's for him. Trade Zach, Becton, Mims and season tickets to the Knicks to Carolina for Iggy, Mayfield and their #1.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Part of the selling point of Zach was his terrific accuracy in college. Helped him move to the top.
To me running QBs are not that accurate except maybe a Mahomes or a Vick. Mahomes throws underhand often,showing it's an ad lib type of play. We shoulda kept Bubby Brister be that the case.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
That was the worst thing? I bet you can come up with something way better.
Being reported elsewhere that Duane Brown has missed two practices and is being evaluated for a shoulder injury. And Fant is nursing an ankle injury. Does McDermott and Mitchell as your starting tackles qualify as 'way better'?

:batoverhead:

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Believe it or not. Now is a good time to trade Zach. Atlanta or Texas would give us 2 #1's for him. Trade Zach, Becton, Mims and season tickets to the Knicks to Carolina for Iggy, Mayfield and their #1.
Not knowing how Zach will turn out this season, chances are if we did get rid of Zach as per your suggestion, we'd even prosper more for additional high picks as we'd be single-digits in the "W" column. Agree?
Jetsfan hard.jpg

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Well this is the roster JD has built and drafted. When is he held accountable for drafting or signing players that are oft injured?

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
Well this is the roster JD has built and drafted. When is he held accountable for drafting or signing players that are oft injured?
woody's brother hired this crew.. if the jets match last year's record there is a chance woody fires everybody (or some) on or shortly after black monday..

not hoping for that for a number of reasons but back to back 4 win seasons would mean at least some people would get fired.. douglas' teams can't continue to be inevitably ass without getting fired..

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
Being reported elsewhere that Duane Brown has missed two practices and is being evaluated for a shoulder injury. And Fant is nursing an ankle injury. Does McDermott and Mitchell as your starting tackles qualify as 'way better'?

:batoverhead:
Like I said, Flacco won’t survive game 1

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I guess I’m just not as upset about this as some fans. Flacco is the starter for 3 weeks, Zach comes back and starts the other 14 games. This isn’t the end of the world.

I’m actually more worried about the Tackle situation. It’s the kiss of death. We sign a quality veteran Tackle with a reputation for his durability, and he’s questionable with a shoulder injury already. The Ravens are going to load up the pass rush on that side of the line. McDermott better bring everything he’s got on Sunday, because the pressure is coming.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
I think when Saleh signed up and in his 1st presser stated he “
looks forward to adversity “

He’d had no idea what he was saying or getting himself into

How’s that working out coach ?
yeah, that bothered the ***k out of me at the time because i viewed it as pure arrogance.. you're a rookie HC in the biggest media market in the world & you haven't proved balls yet..

a year later i think the guy is full of shit & his high watermark might be as a top end D coordinator.. wouldn't be the 1st time we've seen that movie..

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
I guess I’m just not as upset about this as some fans. Flacco is the starter for 3 weeks, Zach comes back and starts the other 14 games. This isn’t the end of the world.

I’m actually more worried about the Tackle situation. It’s the kiss of death. We sign a quality veteran Tackle with a reputation for his durability, and he’s questionable with a shoulder injury already. The Ravens are going to load up the pass rush on that side of the line. McDermott better bring everything he’s got on Sunday, because the pressure is coming.
I mean yeah regarding the tackle situation. I know Flacco starting doesn't change week 1. But I'm upset because it's clear that the team is lying and I can't trust them on anything that they say.