Zach injury thread :

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
I can't specifically answer that but I think coaches downplay injuries just to keep the team motivated. ie... Parcells did that with Foley.
just watched saleh's presser until he was done getting wilson questions..

he "verbally" lets it be known early to the beat he really doesn't want to talk about this much or something to that affect..

the balls on this guy!! he seems to loves talking & smiling broadly when he's trying to blow rainbows up everybody's ass' but not so much when he's dead wrong or bullshitting (again) about an injury..

i did notice he was not wearing one of his motivational speaker shirts today.. go figure..

i got an idea for a new one.. "all sizzle no steak.."

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
just watched saleh's presser until he was done getting wilson questions..

he "verbally" lets it be known early to the beat he really doesn't want to talk about this much or something to that affect..

the balls on this guy!! he seems to loves talking & smiling broadly when he's trying to blow rainbows up everybody's ass' but not so much when he's dead wrong or bullshitting (again) about an injury..

i did notice he was not wearing one of his motivational speaker shirts today.. go figure..

i got an idea for a new one.. "all sizzle no steak.."
I'm just learning about Wilson now. I'm late getting the news.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
Everyone is seriously mad that Saleh didn’t tell the truth about an injury? Coaches are like congressmen. They never tell the truth. Come on guys

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
So, I had to drop Zach Wilson from my fantasy football team. Don't ask me why I even drafted him in the first place, wishful thinking, I guess! He was my back up to Tom Brady and now I had to pick up Baker Mayfield to back Brady up. I didn't have the pick of the litter in a 12-team league. My only choices of starters were Wentz, Trubisky, M. Jones, Tannehill, Goff, D. Mills, Brissett, G. Smith and Mariota. So, I figured Mayfield has the most to prove and the heart, drive and determination to get it done, or at least try to!

Help me please, who would you have picked up?

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
So, I had to drop Zach Wilson from my fantasy football team. Don't ask me why I even drafted him in the first place, wishful thinking, I guess! He was my back up to Tom Brady and now I had to pick up Baker Mayfield to back Brady up. I didn't have the pick of the litter in a 12-team league. My only choices of starters were Wentz, Trubisky, M. Jones, Tannehill, Goff, D. Mills, Brissett, G. Smith and Mariota. So, I figured Mayfield has the most to prove and the heart, drive and determination to get it done, or at least try to!

Well, he is in the NFC where there are only a few good teams

I wouldn’t have brady on my team if he were the only qb

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
Everyone is seriously mad that Saleh didn’t tell the truth about an injury?
again.. didn't tell the truth about another players injury, again.. & for what?! to what end?! the sake of it?! he was trying to keep the ravens defensive staff wringing their hands until sunday morning about if they get flacco or wilson??

& the whole i really don't want to talk about this "stuff" at today's presser legitimately pissed me off..

not sure what market saleh thinks he signed up for but he will find out quickly with another september shit show..

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
again.. didn't tell the truth about another players injury, again.. & for what?! to what end?! the sake of it?! he was trying to keep the ravens defensive staff wringing their hands until sunday morning about if they get flacco or wilson??

& the whole i really don't want to talk about this "stuff" at today's presser legitimately pissed me off..

not sure what market saleh thinks he signed up for but he will find out quickly with another september shit show..
I don’t know. It doesn’t bother me at all. Bad play bothers me so we’ll see how this year goes. Injuries are what they are if he lies about them or doesn’t talk about them it doesn’t change anything. In fact, if he’s gonna lie anyway, he might as well say he’s not going to talk about it

who knows how specific doctors were on time frame. Maybe it depends on the individual.

I wouldn’t want my job riding on this kid or Bectin being injured. That’s for sure

Stre-vel-er!!! Stre-vel-er!!!!

did we really expect anything other than this kind of start from our Jets just when we all had high hopes for this season? most had high hopes anyway

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
I don’t know. It doesn’t bother me at all. Bad play bothers me so we’ll see how this year goes. Injuries are what they are if he lies about them or doesn’t talk about them it doesn’t change anything. In fact, if he’s gonna lie anyway, he might as well say he’s not going to talk about it

who knows how specific doctors were on time frame. Maybe it depends on the individual.

I wouldn’t want my job riding on this kid or Bectin being injured. That’s for sure

Stre-vel-er!!! Stre-vel-er!!!!

did we really expect anything other than this kind of start from our Jets just when we all had high hopes for this season? most had high hopes anyway
i have a problem when coaches talk to us like we're a bunch of dopes & or flat out anyway they feel like..

i'll say again, if you want to act like the smartest guy in the room you better be right, especially in this market..

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Streveler is not an NFL QB. Him having a good preseason against people who are back at their day jobs was the worst thing that could have happened to this team. IMO

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Well, he is in the NFC where there are only a few good teams

I wouldn’t have brady on my team if he were the only qb
Trust me I didn’t want Brady but I picked him in the 7-8 round. At that point all the younger and premier QBs were gone. He was pretty much the only one left.

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
Thank you
I thought you forgot about me
How could I forget you.? Especially when I agree with you

if we weren’t the Jets, I would have higher hopes then I do. Douglass will be a great GM somewhere else and Saleh a good coach, but the curse is strong here. Too strong

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
Streveler is not an NFL QB. Him having a good preseason against people who are back at their day jobs was the worst thing that could have happened to this team. IMO
The only time any of them looked good was our 4th stringers against there 4th stringers. The second half is when we won those games. Sad

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
i have a problem when coaches talk to us like we're a bunch of dopes & or flat out anyway they feel like..

i'll say again, if you want to act like the smartest guy in the room you better be right, especially in this market..
I hear ya. I’m just unaffected by it. Too numb from everything else to care

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
I’m changing favorite teams. My new favorite team will not fair much better, but they will still do better on the weeks when they are not my favorite team.

Week 1, Cowboys are my favorite team. I’m 0-1 again

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
Trust me I didn’t want Brady but I picked him in the 7-8 round. At that point all the younger and premier QBs were gone. He was pretty much the only one left.
His wife doesn’t even like him any more. She doesnt have him on her fantasy team anymore

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

You will only need that backup for one game. I think I would just wait until Brady's bye week and see who is available.