Aaron Rodgers

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
The better players we get, the worse off we are.

Sounds like a curse to me
I wouldn't worry. From the start, the problem (delusion) has been that Woody/JD/Saleh believed the myth that Rodgers was going to reprise his glory years here with the Jets. I don't believe he was ever going to light it up. But now, after the injury, that pipe dream is only in the minds of people on the pipe.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I wouldn't worry. From the start, the problem (delusion) has been that Woody/JD/Saleh believed the myth that Rodgers was going to reprise his glory years here with the Jets. I don't believe he was ever going to light it up. But now, after the injury, that pipe dream is only in the minds of people on the pipe.
The NY Post is concerned that Rodgers could jeopardise the Jets 2024 season by returning early and getting re-injured. IMO this would be the best thing for the 2024 season, as long as he took it as a cue to retire.

If he does play in 2024 I see one of two outcomes:
a) He doesn't turn the Jets into a playoff team.
b) He has two or three games which have folk on here talking about playoffs (it doesn't take much) then gets his terminal injury. Somewhere in the bowels of Metlife the janitor is swabbing the floor when Zach is told to drop his mop and bucket and find his helmet and pads in order to rush on in relief.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics

I don’t even know how to feel about this! I would love to see him back on the field buy why at this point? If he’s truly ready, then lets go but if he’s rushing and he hurts himself again. Then what?

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

I don’t even know how to feel about this! I would love to see him back on the field buy why at this point? If he’s truly ready, then lets go but if he’s rushing and he hurts himself again. Then what?

Then we can start the inevitable rebuild that starts in 2025, but we can start it in 2024.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I spoke to two customers from Wisconsin today and joked about them taking Rogers back.
The guy laughed and said no thanks. But the little old lady used language that would make a Marine blush.
Later

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
The NY Post is concerned that Rodgers could jeopardise the Jets 2024 season by returning early and getting re-injured. IMO this would be the best thing for the 2024 season, as long as he took it as a cue to retire.

If he does play in 2024 I see one of two outcomes:
a) He doesn't turn the Jets into a playoff team.
b) He has two or three games which have folk on here talking about playoffs (it doesn't take much) then gets his terminal injury. Somewhere in the bowels of Metlife the janitor is swabbing the floor when Zach is told to drop his mop and bucket and find his helmet and pads in order to rush on in relief.
The best would be to sign him to a five year deal as the Hail Mary Passer only, That way he could play to age 45 at a reduced rate, This would give us at least two more wins in the next five years......any improvement helps. Exciting games with sack as the qb going into the last drive of the game with then score zero zero.......This all depends on JD drafting more guys on the DL..

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Joe Namath's view (and mine as well):

Insiders routinely mention that Rodgers essentially is making significant Jets-related decisions behind the scenes. Namath believes Rodgers shouldn't have the final say in this matter.

"I hope that Woody and Christopher, if that’s what it takes, say, 'No, you are not, Aaron,'" Namath told Tom Rock of Newsday. "Aaron, being the team guy he is, probably wants to come back and play, but if I was the owner, no. I don’t care. No. We are not going to risk it with the team and the situation the way it is, with the offensive line. What have we got to gain by putting our most valuable player without having played more than a couple of snaps in the games coming up? Save him for next year. Please."

"Aaron doesn’t own the team," Namath directly said. "If that’s what it takes, the ownership should say, 'No.' Do you think [Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager] Jerry Jones would let this happen? . . . If it goes that far, I hope Christopher and Woody say, 'No.' Why? Give me a good reason why Aaron, even if he is 100% now, comes back to play the rest of this season. Because he wants to play? Excuse me. If you own the team, you want to see him play for a contender and we are not a contender this year."

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
I’m really looking forward to seeing Aaron play this year if he safely can do it but there isn’t any reason for him or the Jets to risk it. By that Commanders game, the Jets will either be 4-10 or 5-9 at most, so why bother? Rest and heal up the rest of the season and come back next year in hopefully a much better situation.

Last edited:

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Sad part about all of this is, other than Aaron Rodgers, WE DON’T HAVE ANOTHER QB ON THE ROSTER BETTER THAN ZACH WILSON!

I think today game against the Falcons proved that.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I’m really looking forward to seeing Aaron play this year if he safely can do it but there isn’t any reason for him or the Jets to risk it. By that Commanders game, the Jets will either be 4-10 or 5-9 at most, so why bother? Rest and heal up the rest of the season and come back next year in hopefully a much better situation.
This team will not win with this GM or HC.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm good with him coming in and taking a snap and just handing it off (just to say he came back from this injury in record time).