Around The NFL

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Blind, believe it or not I already have Idzik in my rearview mirror. Life is too short to spend my time being upset about someone who is no longer here.
Agreed, but I still think about Charlie Winner
:waving-white-flag:

Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman reports free agent QB Josh Freeman recently worked out for the Jets.

Omg that would be going from worse to "worser" if that's even a word
:smiley-violent036:

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
So I'm reading the Jets are now interested in Hundley, bringing in Freeman, rejuvenating Geno
I hope I'm not seeing a trend , and I don't like it
Non racist

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
So I'm reading the Jets are now interested in Hundley, bringing in Freeman, rejuvenating Geno
Non racist

I believe Freeman worked out with the Jets before we signed Fitzpatrick. This report appears a little late. Freeman probably wouldn't wanna go to the Jets at this point, with Fitz and Geno already there. He's gonna want to have a chance at starting somewhere to restart his career.

Personally, I don't want Freeman. I'd rather draft a guy in the 2nd to 4th round range.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'd rather draft a guy, as well, either Mariota or another guy in the 2nd-4th range. I like Petty, Mannion, and Grayson.

lounap23

Legend
Jet Fanatics
I mostly agree but I would leave Grayson off my list. I am not crazy about his delivery and arm strength or being 6'2"

Grayson had a great pro day. But take that with a grain of salt... LOL.. I personally like Petty and Mannion in the later rds of this draft.

J

Jet Setter

Non racist

Pretty sad that you (think you) need such a disclaimer. You don't. People that want to see racial motivated stuff will do so because that's what they focus on and want to see, a la Stephen A. Smith. Let them.

J

Jet Setter

Grayson had a great pro day. But take that with a grain of salt... LOL.. I personally like Petty and Mannion in the later rds of this draft.

The Jets have spoken to him. I don't like him myself but something to keep in mind.
If you look at picks made each year, you'll notice most of those were players teams had spoken with.

J

Jet Setter

I wouldn't draft a QB this year especially after losing our 5th and 6th round picks unless it was a good prospect that the team was high on. The take one just to take one mentality doesn't work for me when you have limited picks. I was okay with that mindset last year with 8 3rd day picks.

I'd like to see an ILB added with our 4th. Someone who can flash coverage and develop into Harris' replacement. I actually wanted this last year with Anthony Hutchens as the team had showed interest in him. Inexplicably, Idzik chose Evans (after having selected Saunders).

J

Jet Setter

The Jets tried to get Stevie but it looks like he's thinking he has better opportunity elsewhere. He would be part of a log-jam in NE and I don't see why he's looking at them but SD would be a far better fit for him:

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports the Jets have expressed interest in free agent Stevie Johnson, but he's "narrowed his choices" to the Patriots or Chargers.

Johnson has a successful history with new Jets OC Chan Gailey from their Buffalo days, but there aren't a lot of balls to go around in New York with Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker locked in as the Nos. 1 and 2 wideouts. San Diego would be Johnson's clearest path to statistics as the No. 2 to Keenan Allen.

J

Jet Setter

A source with knowledge of the situation told the Buffalo News the Bills have a "90 percent chance" of landing Dolphins transition player Charles Clay.

We do wonder if this "source" is Clay's agent, using the Buffalo News to threaten the Dolphins into a higher long-term contract offer. The Bills are reportedly taking their time to devise a deal that the Dolphins would be unable to match. We still feel like this situation isn't predictable enough to make a confident forecast, but the Bills look like the favorites at this point.

J

Jet Setter

Here's someone I would consider taking on over Pace and Babin combined. It would give you a real pass rushing threat if you can squeeze anything out of him:

Free agent DE Anthony Spencer will visit the Seahawks this week.

Spencer's best days are way behind him, but he can still help a team as a situational pass rusher. The 31-year-old recorded 27 combined pressures across 457 defensive snaps for Dallas last season. At this stage, he's a mere flier.

J

Jet Setter

Here's a guy on the next tier of WR's that the Jets could reach out to as a backup WO to Decker/Marshall:

A source informed ESPN Raiders reporter Bill Williamson that there's no chance Oakland re-signs free agent WR Denarius Moore.

Moore, an Al Davis draft pick in 2011, fell out of favor in Oakland under ex-coach Dennis Allen due to consistency and work-ethic issues. He caught just 12 passes for 115 scoreless yards last season on 237 snaps. Moore is still just 26 and has blazing speed, but has had a dead-silent market to this point.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Pretty sad that you (think you) need such a disclaimer. You don't. People that want to see racial motivated stuff will do so because that's what they focus on and want to see, a la Stephen A. Smith. Let them.

I think the fact that you feel the need for a disclaimer, means that it is a factor of Geno's capabilities in your mind. I have posted previously that I think that some of the criticisms of Smith, notably his 'inability to process' or can't read a defense are reflections of some deep seeded bias.

OCCH

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I think the fact that you feel the need for a disclaimer, means that it is a factor of Geno's capabilities in your mind. I have posted previously that I think that some of the criticisms of Smith, notably his 'inability to process' or can't read a defense are reflections of some deep seeded bias.

Because you don't see it as a reality on the field?

Personally, I'd rather someone say I was "unable to process" instead of "doesn't work hard enough at his craft", regardless of my skin color . . .

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Because you don't see it as a reality on the field?

Personally, I'd rather someone say I was "unable to process" instead of "doesn't work hard enough at his craft", regardless of my skin color . . .

Yes he clearly makes mental errors on the field, no arguments there. But many are quick to say he will never get it, that's the criticism that I have, and question where it comes from. What I saw on the field was a kid who struggled because he was extremely green (no offense to Martians :)). He was not ready to play right out of the chute, and it showed. Some of that transitioned to bad habits that carried over to last year. In regards to your "doesn't work hard enough" quote, I have also heard that and "lazy" attributed to Smith. I don't care who plays to be honest, but Smith IMO has been unfairly criticized for things outside of his control.