Around The NFL

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 36m36 minutes ago

#Jets were interested RT @Panthers: The #Panthers have signed LB @JasonTrusnik to a one-year contract.

CBcuGZIWQAAQUPf.png:large

S

sg3

Hopefully this is no April Fools prank Kyle Chest thumps Wilson, arguably the worst Jet first round bust not named Gholston is gone, goodbye forever.

Is Halfwit WRECKS Halfwit twin brother still ruining the Saint defense?

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I was going to start a separate thread because no one would believe someone actually signed him and it was an Aprils Fools joke...you ruined it! damn!

:hopelessness:

:). I remember back in 2010, Rex said that his brother told him that Kyle Wilson was the best cb in the draft and that he and Mangini wanted him in Cleveland, but Holgrem overruled them and took Haden. I guess like Rex, Rob needs to learn the hard way.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
:). I remember back in 2010, Rex said that his brother told him that Kyle Wilson was the best cb in the draft and that he and Mangini wanted him in Cleveland, but Holgrem overruled them and took Haden. I guess like Rex, Rob needs to learn the hard way.

Well, I remember that too and was hoping they were right...they were wrong. :( I was excited about Wilson till I watched him in the senior bowl. Remember he had an awesome week of practice then played in the game and kept getting toasted? That carried over into his NFL career unfortunately.

That year the jets wanted McCourty. Westhoff had even worked with him on our special teams playbook...1 pick before us, off the board McCourty went and I think we had to scramble a little and take the next best CB, Wilson. But I bet dollars to donuts. ;), that McCourty was the guy we wanted...the New Jersey product.

NYJETSDAN16

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I thought Denarius Moore was going to sign here with the Jets two weeks ago. The Kid has the talent to reach the next level.

J

Jet Setter

Well, I remember that too and was hoping they were right...they were wrong. :( I was excited about Wilson till I watched him in the senior bowl. Remember he had an awesome week of practice then played in the game and kept getting toasted? That carried over into his NFL career unfortunately.

That year the jets wanted McCourty. Westhoff had even worked with him on our special teams playbook...1 pick before us, off the board McCourty went and I think we had to scramble a little and take the next best CB, Wilson. But I bet dollars to donuts. ;), that McCourty was the guy we wanted...the New Jersey product.

That's cool to know. I wasn't aware of that as I was not plugged in that year.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I thought Denarius Moore was going to sign here with the Jets two weeks ago. The Kid has the talent to reach the next level.

I think so too, but with the draft so close, I think they may wait to see who they come out of the draft with first...if we land cooper, white, locket, or dorsett, it would have been a waste to sign moore.

J

Jet Setter

...I think we are doing the same thing at rb with ridley...

He could be waiting on the Vikings situation as he first visited them and they might give him a more prominent role (and possibly more money) should they trade AP. I like Ridley as a back who has low mileage and can run between the tackles well. I think he's a bit quicker than Ivory and his receiving skills are better than his but this aspect was not used often as the Pats opted to throw to Vereen most of the time.