Around The NFL

J

Jet Setter

Dwayne Bowe - WR - Browns
Dwayne Bowe's two-year contract with the Browns is worth $12.5 million with $9 million guaranteed and a $3.5 million signing bonus.
Bowe's 2015 base salary of $2.65 million is fully guaranteed, while $2.85 million of Bowe's 2016 salary ($6.15 million) is also guaranteed. It's a surprisingly aggressive contract for a wide receiver going on age 31 who many seem to believe is nearing the end of the line. Browns GM Ray Farmer clearly disagrees. Bowe should be locked in as Cleveland's No. 1 receiver this year.

DeMarco Murray - RB - Eagles
A source told the Philadelphia Inquirer the Raiders offered DeMarco Murray significantly more guaranteed money than the Eagles.
Murray gave the Eagles a discount so he could play in Chip Kelly's scheme, stick it to the Cowboys twice a year and avoid the annual train wreck that is the the Raiders. He probably did Oakland GM Reggie McKenzie a favor. The Raiders should be building through youth, with exciting running back Latavius Murray a major part of that.
Related: Raiders, Latavius Murray

I also read where Jax offered less and wouldn't move off their number.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Jason Trusnik LB has been playing for the Flippers for several years after we traded him to the Browns.

Go Jets...Cyborg

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Football51, Not copying you, just saw your Bills comment after I posted. Good minds think alike!

Go Jets...Cyborg

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
This is odd and unexpected.

Albert Breer retweeted
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 4h4 hours ago

#Colts coach Chuck Pagano enters a make-or-break 2015: Sources say the team is not expected to extend before the season. He’ll play it out

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 4h4 hours ago

Unfortunate news for Pagano. Yes, he has Luck. But team was 2-14 in '11. He made playoffs right away, has gone one round further each year.

The Sirius NFL guys went off on this topic yesterday big time. They all felt as do I, that the Colts should at least offer Pagano a 1 year deal, so he's not like "dead coach walking in the Colt locker room. One guy said,"I hope the Colts win a Super Bowl this year, so Pagano can tell them to stick it when they are ready to renegotiate.

Go Jets...Cyborg

J

Jet Setter

The Sirius NFL guys went off on this topic yesterday big time. They all felt as do I, that the Colts should at least offer Pagano a 1 year deal, so he's not like "dead coach walking in the Colt locker room. One guy said,"I hope the Colts win a Super Bowl this year, so Pagano can tell them to stick it when they are ready to renegotiate.

Go Jets...Cyborg

They don't have to do it. I know everyone gets emotional because he beat cancer and all but he's no different from 31 other coaches. If expectations aren't being met, these guys are gone.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
They don't have to do it. I know everyone gets emotional because he beat cancer and all but he's no different from 31 other coaches. If expectations aren't being met, these guys are gone.

He's made the playoffs every year and they've advanced a round every year. So, if they don't win a title, what are they going to do?

J

Jet Setter

He's made the playoffs every year and they've advanced a round every year. So, if they don't win a title, what are they going to do?

Again, if their expectations aren't met, he'll be gone. I don't know what those expectations are but I do know they didn't extend him which indicates they want more than they've gotten.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sacramento Bee reports former Vikings LB Erin Henderson will visit the Jets <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nyj?src=hash">#nyj</a></p>— Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/582175452745375744">March 29, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Erin Henderson’s search for a chance to resume his NFL career will be heading to New Jersey.

Henderson met with the 49ers last week after sitting out the entire 2014 season following his release in Minnesota, but didn’t sign a contract with the team. The Niners have moved on to a scheduled meeting with Lance Briggs and Henderson’s agent says his client is moving on to a meeting with the Jets.

Jim Chapman told Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee that Henderson has scheduled a visit with the AFC East club. The Jets re-signed David Harris as free agency opened and have Demario Davis back as well, which leaves Henderson as a depth option at inside linebacker.

The Vikings dropped Henderson last February after a pair of arrests for drunk driving. He started 33 games during his final three seasons with the Vikings and was a fairly effective player before his off-field trouble led to his on-field hiatus.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/29/erin-henderson-set-for-visit-with-jets/

U

ucrenegade

Erin Henderson’s search for a chance to resume his NFL career will be heading to New Jersey.

Henderson met with the 49ers last week after sitting out the entire 2014 season following his release in Minnesota, but didn’t sign a contract with the team. The Niners have moved on to a scheduled meeting with Lance Briggs and Henderson’s agent says his client is moving on to a meeting with the Jets.

Jim Chapman told Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee that Henderson has scheduled a visit with the AFC East club. The Jets re-signed David Harris as free agency opened and have Demario Davis back as well, which leaves Henderson as a depth option at inside linebacker.

The Vikings dropped Henderson last February after a pair of arrests for drunk driving. He started 33 games during his final three seasons with the Vikings and was a fairly effective player before his off-field trouble led to his on-field hiatus.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/29/erin-henderson-set-for-visit-with-jets/

maybe he will view this as his last chance and will shape up

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 8s8 seconds ago

Breaking: Carolina Panthers have claimed offensive tackle Jonathan Martin off waivers...

I actually like this move for Carolina. When I heard he was waived I was hoping we'd put a claim on him. He may not be an elite OT, but he's started at RT and LT many games in the NFL now and having him as our #3 tackle would have made me feel better about our depth.