Around The NFL

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Don't underrstand....good guy not an nfl QB
The first chance he got he drove the Broncos onto a winning streak and a playoff appearance, and won their first playoff game.
If you were on 3 teams in 30 months, you wouldn't develop either. As much add his mechanics suck, I think he's a natural born winner, he has the it factor for winning.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

NYJETSDAN16

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I honestly would take a chance on Montee Ball. I like his potential alot coming out of Wisconsin.

R

raideraholic

The raiders sign Aldon Smith to a one year deal. Khalil Mack and Aldon smith coming off the corner is going to be one of the better pass rushing duo.

@AdamSchefter: Despite off-field issues, Raiders' Aldon Smith IS eligible to play Sunday, per source. OAK will consider playing him, based on conditioning.

The Ginger must go down and hard.

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
The raiders sign Aldon Smith to a one year deal. Khalil Mack and Aldon smith coming off the corner is going to be one of the better pass rushing duo.

@AdamSchefter: Despite off-field issues, Raiders' Aldon Smith IS eligible to play Sunday, per source. OAK will consider playing him, based on conditioning.

I think this will be a good year for you.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

Smith won't make it full season without self destructing or getting suspended.

R

raideraholic

Aldon Smith is going to screw up again , and self destruct .( history has a way of repeating itself) I don't think anyone under any illusions that isn't the case.

The Raiders signed him for one year deal , and as long as they can keep him busy with football ( teammates Ie Justin Tuck monitoring him) there is a very good chance they can squeeze a year out of him.

The biggest danger is, if the NFL suspends him at some point this year.( he can't have any contact with the team- good chance that's when he self destruct when his support network isn't there.( away from his teammates , and the structure of football).

The Raiders should get at least 4 games out of him ( before he has to go to court - facing three misdemeanors charges that you can expect his lawyer to try and drag out ( once he plead bargains them- than the NFL is most likely going to suspend him- why this one will go to trial.( try to push this out after the season)

It was going to be very tough to run on the Raiders this year before Aldon Smith. ( there front seven is going to be very stout against the run) The question on defense was always how their very young inexperienced Cb group was going to hold up in coverage .

There isn't anything like a great pass rush ( K Mack and Aldon Smith) coming off the corner to help a young secondary out. Teams don't want to get in third and longs against this Raider defense. They bring in their pass rushers Lde. k Mack Ldt j Tuck/ Denico Autry, Rdt Mario Edwards Jr and Rde Aldon Smith and they are going to get their hits on Qb's.

McJet

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Aldon Smith is going to screw up again , and self destruct .( history has a way of repeating itself) I don't think anyone under any illusions that isn't the case.

The Raiders signed him for one year deal , and as long as they can keep him busy with football ( teammates Ie Justin Tuck monitoring him) there is a very good chance they can squeeze a year out of him.

The biggest danger is, if the NFL suspends him at some point this year.( he can't have any contact with the team- good chance that's when he self destruct when his support network isn't there.( away from his teammates , and the structure of football).

The Raiders should get at least 4 games out of him ( before he has to go to court - facing three misdemeanors charges that you can expect his lawyer to try and drag out ( once he plead bargains them- than the NFL is most likely going to suspend him- why this one will go to trial.( try to push this out after the season)

It was going to be very tough to run on the Raiders this year before Aldon Smith. ( there front seven is going to be very stout against the run) The question on defense was always how their very young inexperienced Cb group was going to hold up in coverage .

There isn't anything like a great pass rush ( K Mack and Aldon Smith) coming off the corner to help a young secondary out. Teams don't want to get in third and longs against this Raider defense. They bring in their pass rushers Lde. k Mack Ldt j Tuck/ Denico Autry, Rdt Mario Edwards Jr and Rde Aldon Smith and they are going to get their hits on Qb's.

Shut 'em down with the Defense, keep 'em on the sidelines running the rock. I hope Murray has a break out year for you Raideraholic, that and he's my RB2.

R

raideraholic

They sure shut the Bengals down.

That was a very bad game to start the season at home especially. Can't say anything else and I was extremely disappointed in the performance yesterday. But it still just one game, and have to see how they look in week two.( can only go up from that performance).

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
That was a very bad game to start the season at home especially. Can't say anything else and I was extremely disappointed in the performance yesterday. But it still just one game, and have to see how they look in week two.( can only go up from that performance).

Any word on Carr? I know he left the game because he hurt his hand trying to stiff arm someone. Hopefully it's just a jam.

D

dabigyear

That's all old news.
Here's some new news, JPP has multiple fingers lost.
I guess this means he'll never be able to count to ten or more.

R

raideraholic

Any word on Carr? I know he left the game because he hurt his hand trying to stiff arm someone. Hopefully it's just a jam.

just bruised his hand, and is able to grip the football now, so he might be able to go this week.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Definitely the best vet out there
Not exactly sure why he was even out there in the first place, if we had carried a normal number of OL's (8), chances are he wouldn't have been cut loose to begin with, we would have carried a reasonable five OLB's.

This is why I made such a fuss over carrying 10 OL's, because it sacrificed depth elsewhere, like OLB for example.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Not exactly sure why he was even out there in the first place, if we had carried a normal number of OL's (8), chances are he wouldn't have been cut loose to begin with, we would have carried a reasonable five OLB's.

This is why I made such a fuss over carrying 10 OL's, because it sacrificed depth elsewhere, like OLB for example.

That's a good point Ham. Right now he would be useful since Mauldin is hurt. Did you see we worked out a pass rusher today?

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
That's a good point Ham. Right now he would be useful since Mauldin is hurt. Did you see we worked out a pass rusher today?
Yeah I see we are bringing in OLB's to look at and its disappointing because this didn't need to happen. I love what Mac & Bowles have done with this team, the degree to which they have upgraded the roster, particularly Mac, in just one off season, is staggering, but I gave them low marks for "roster management" when we broke camp, its the first time I was critical of this regime in any way, and this is a perfect example of why. 10 OL's was and is absurd, but we sure as hell could have used Jason Babin now, and it would not have been at all unreasonable to carry a fifth OLB in a 3-4 base.

OCCH

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics

Yet Mauldin's been hurt for days and we apparently made no effort to sign Babin back.

I don't think it was a numbers game -- it just doesn't appear Babin had a place in the CS plans . . .