Around The NFL

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Yet Mauldin's been hurt for days and we apparently made no effort to sign Babin back.

I don't think it was a numbers game -- it just doesn't appear Babin had a place in the CS plans . . .

i'm sure salary played a role in the decision. he had a $1.35MM base salary with possibly some escalators.

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Has anyone heard an update on Sheldon Richardson's additional suspension for getting arrested. Wonder when that will be announced. Haven't heard a peep from the commissioner since the deflategate decision.

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago
Sources: #Saints believe QB Drew Brees has a shoulder injury that will likely cause him to miss games, potentially several games.

D

dabigyear

Yeah, I don't like the Cowboys either, but they're there.
The broken clavicle to Romo and the broken foot to Dez Bryant are both better injuries than torn stuff like rotator cuffs and ACL's.
The recovery is cleaner, there is no lingering issues, or possible re-injuries in the future.
So in a sense they're lucky.
One more injury to Romo and he's eligible to have a hospital named after him.

D

dabigyear

At the Pats, Vereen was replaced by Dion Lewis who's turned into their warp speed back, as opposed to Blount who's beefier.
They picked Lewis off a scrap heap no one wanted, typical of how they get talent. Someone over there has X ray vision, they found Welker and Woodhead that way.

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
#Seahawks S Kam Chancellor is headed back to Seattle to talk with #Seahawks management, sources says (as ESPN first reported). Big 1st step

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 33s33 seconds ago
Kam Chancellor has announced he is ending his holdout through a text to espn. Issue now will be staying healthy. Short and long term...

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Johnny Football is going to the bench in favor of Josh McKown (sp?)

Awful decision by Pettine.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Kirk cousins not looking goodagainst the Giants. I would have supported his trade to the Jets in the pre season, interesting to watch how he developes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

R

raideraholic

Has anyone heard an update on Sheldon Richardson's additional suspension for getting arrested. Wonder when that will be announced. Haven't heard a peep from the commissioner since the deflategate decision.

Thanks to the courts decision involving Tom Brady, Jmo I don't think S Richardson will get any more games (suspension) till his case is resolved legally. See Aldon Smith . So I think after the fourth week there is a very good chance he will be back playing for the Jets.

R

raideraholic

Johnny Football is going to the bench in favor of Josh McKown (sp?)

Awful decision by Pettine.
As a Raiderfan I think I prefer to face Johnny football, than Josh McCown . The one or two exciting plays Johnny Manziel produces a game, aren't going to beat you . you need a Qb that's going to consistently make plays, and move the offense. I don't necessarily know if Manziel is going to hold up physically running it.( NFL isn't college football - big fast guys hit you, and there is a good chance of a turnover.)

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
As a Raiderfan I think I prefer to face Johnny football, than Josh McCown . The one or two exciting plays Johnny Manziel produces a game, aren't going to beat you . you need a Qb that's going to consistently make plays, and move the offense. I don't necessarily know if Manziel is going to hold up physically running it.( NFL isn't college football - big fast guys hit you, and there is a good chance of a turnover.)

Manziel brings an x-factor element to his game. He can produce when the play breakdown. It's well documented what McCown brings to the table.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

I agree. Manziel will make some impressive throws downfield in this game. Oakland needs to guard against the big play. But he is also prone to not seeing the rush and making some mistakes, I.e fumbling.

D

dabigyear

I didn't realize a cornerback, Kam Chancellor, could have made an 0-2 team into a 2 -0 team!
This is bull bleep, the Seahawks are a lot weaker than one cornerback short. They have an easy few home games ahead of them, we'll see if the coaching IQ has improved.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I didn't realize a cornerback, Kam Chancellor, could have made an 0-2 team into a 2 -0 team!
This is bull bleep, the Seahawks are a lot weaker than one cornerback short. They have an easy few home games ahead of them, we'll see if the coaching IQ has improved.
Kam is a strong safety, and they added Jimmy graham.
It all really comes down to the fact that they can't win without giacomini

D

dabigyear

Kam is a strong safety, and they added Jimmy graham.
It all really comes down to the fact that they can't win without giacomini

Sorry Kam plays strong safety and that doesn't mean crap either.

...and I'm not onboard with the Jimmy Graham crowd, he's played 2 games and has caught 7 for 62 yards. A couple years ago the Saints played, I think it was the Pats, he went 0 - 6 targets. Apparently the defense targeted him better than his offense.

R

raideraholic

Sorry Kam plays strong safety and that doesn't mean crap either.

...and I'm not onboard with the Jimmy Graham crowd, he's played 2 games and has caught 7 for 62 yards. A couple years ago the Saints played, I think it was the Pats, he went 0 - 6 targets. Apparently the defense targeted him better than his offense.

Yes it does. kam Chancellor goes 6'3 232 is unique safety that is capable of playing like a Lb( has that size) , and is pretty good in coverage. Now when you team him with FS(Earl Thomas) it gives Seattle the best safety tandem in the NFL.( like peanut butter and Jelly). That is a big deal you can't ignore. It improves Seattle defense tremendously, and makes Seattle CB jobs easier.

Jim Graham is a big time Te , that almost every team would like to have, and could use. So far he's been a disappointment because Seattle offense line has been really bad, and he has been needed to block more. The solution is for Seattle to find a blocking Te( much easier to find) for that purpose , and start using Graham as a receiving threat.( why they gave up so much in a trade)

D

dabigyear

I'm wondering how many points Chancellor is going to score this week.
Pretty easy to game plan against Jimmy Graham. He is called a tight end, but he can't or doesn't block, so wherever he is, don't bother guarding against a run there. No blocking, he's really a big wide receiver, over rated.
Keep an eye on No Damn Sue in Miami, $114 million, 2 games, 3 tackles, Zoweee!

This is the bull bleep of NFL football, it sells newspapers, but it's the undrafted free agents (Butler) and the ex Kent State starting quarterback (Edelman) that rule the field. The Pats dumped Wilfork (a shocker) and he hasn't been missed as far as I hear.