Around The NFL

D

dabigyear

I have never seen a grass fire engulf a football field of play, BUT St. Louis has managed the feat!
Wonder if Smoky the Bear will cite the pyrotechnics guy for arson?

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Bad cold, so I missed my first Jet game in years, so I stayed home and watch the local Carolina Panthers, and I'd have to put Cam Newton in the top 3 QB's in the NFL no question. He's a big Dude 6'5"250 and can throw BB's from anywhere, and runs like a RB. He's incredible. We "had" one poster on this board who does not agree, but he never watches him. Cam is the real deal with average WR's.

Go Jets...Cyborg

D

dabigyear

News of the death of Peyton Manning's passing have been greatly exaggerated.

D

dabigyear

Bad cold, so I missed my first Jet game in years, so I stayed home and watch the local Carolina Panthers, and I'd have to put Cam Newton in the top 3 QB's in the NFL no question. He's a big Dude 6'5"250 and can throw BB's from anywhere, and runs like a RB. He's incredible. We "had" one poster on this board who does not agree, but he never watches him. Cam is the real deal with average WR's.

Go Jets...Cyborg

How about some wiggle room, Cam Newton top 8...top 10 quarterbacks. Careful, worshipping false idols.

D

dabigyear

Remind me never to watch another Ravens/Steelers game. Pittsburg missed 2 field goals in the 4th quarter to sew the win up. In OT the Ravens scored a FG to win. It was actually far more boring that that. With Vick all bad things are possible.
Tomorrow Steeler to-do list...get new kicker and new quarterback.

D

dabigyear

Ha, ha, Bucky Brooks is defending Colin Nosepick as a franchise quarterback.
Yesssss, a McDonald's franchise.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Remind me never to watch another Ravens/Steelers game. Pittsburg missed 2 field goals in the 4th quarter to sew the win up. In OT the Ravens scored a FG to win. It was actually far more boring that that. With Vick all bad things are possible.
Tomorrow Steeler to-do list...get new kicker and new quarterback.

I'm sure Pats fans have a general dislike of both those teams.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Any of the old Scout board members remember when I went to the Wake-Forest combines to see Michael Campanaro WR with the Ravens, but the player that stood out to me was Nakita Whitlock who was the WF NT who was pushing 500+ pounds on the bench press like it was nothing. Well he sure looks good for the NY Giants as a FB / RB / LB / ST player now @ 5'11"/250. This kid is an animal.

The only reason I was watching the end of the Giant game is because my Jet game from London quit recording on my DVR with over 7 minutes to play. When you record a show, it should record the whole show ? I'm a neanderthal, but it pissed me off, thanks Time Warner Cable.

Go Jets...Cyborg

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Any of the old Scout board members remember when I went to the Wake-Forest combines to see Michael Campanaro WR with the Ravens, but the player that stood out to me was Nakita Whitlock who was the WF NT who was pushing 500+ pounds on the bench press like it was nothing. Well he sure looks good for the NY Giants as a FB / RB / LB / ST player now @ 5'11"/250. This kid is an animal.

The only reason I was watching the end of the Giant game is because my Jet game from London quit recording on my DVR with over 7 minutes to play. When you record a show, it should record the whole show ? I'm a neanderthal, but it pissed me off, thanks Time Warner Cable.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Tell me about it. CBS switched over to another game at the 2:30 minute mark in my area.

No problem. The Dolphins have the ball inside Jets territory and threatening. Go ahead and switch games.

:double-thumbs-up-th

D

dabigyear

In the after game program of ex-players and coaches, "OT", Jimmy Johnson was asked what to do about Colin Kaepernick. Colin had 6 more sacks, he's running around panicky, throws the ball, holds the ball too long.

Johnson's reply, "sandlot football, go find another quarterback".
Some members of the panel covered their eyes, but Jimmy coached at the championship level and he knows what he's talking about.

Go find another quarterback can also be said for RGIII and Geno Smith. There are just some people that it just ain't working out.

D

dabigyear

I'm sure Pats fans have a general dislike of both those teams.

I don't know, but both teams really sucked in that game, like neither of them knew how to win. I watch football to see pro ball, not sandlot. What an awful game.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
How quickly everyone seems to be jumping off the Miami and Buffalo bandwagons after yesterday. How many people said they loved those teams in the preseason? And the Jets were a .500 team at best?

D

dabigyear

Go Jets...Cyborg

Check out whether you can record in a denser format, I use to have record DVD and I could change the speed to accommodate long times. Now I just try to commit the game to memory, Lol.

D

dabigyear

I read where Andrew Luck has a shoulder subluxation. It's not a dislocation, but it's sort of leaning in a direction where it could certainly cause grief down the line. With snow shoveling in my long term forecast it's something I don't want.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I read where Andrew Luck has a shoulder subluxation. It's not a dislocation, but it's sort of leaning in a direction where it could certainly cause grief down the line. With snow shoveling in my long term forecast it's something I don't want.

That stinks. Colts have been a huge disappointment

D

dabigyear

I'm not disappointed with the Colts, their reputation as a good team and Luck's reputation as a good quarterback is really a product of sports writers. Luck has played the Pats 4 times and gotten blown off the field every time, that's not something you see by AFC East teams.

The Seahawks are another phony team propped up by sportswriters.
They should have been beaten by the Lions except for an illegal play that Goodell's incompetent officials let go by on Monday night. It doesn't matter, the coach, the team, and Butterfingers Russell will continue to spiral down to their true altitude. They're a 1 - 3 team masquerading rating as 2- 2.

I don't really care about any of these teams, it's more like please cut the bullbleep of propping up teams that have no business being propped up. I only care about the AFC East, especially those pre playoff favorites; Buffalo and Miami.
Go Jets

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'm not disappointed with the Colts, their reputation as a good team and Luck's reputation as a good quarterback is really a product of sports writers. Luck has played the Pats 4 times and gotten blown off the field every time, that's not something you see by AFC East teams.

The Seahawks are another phony team propped up by sportswriters.
They should have been beaten by the Lions except for an illegal play that Goodell's incompetent officials let go by on Monday night. It doesn't matter, the coach, the team, and Butterfingers Russell will continue to spiral down to their true altitude. They're a 1 - 3 team masquerading rating as 2- 2.

I don't really care about any of these teams, it's more like please cut the bullbleep of propping up teams that have no business being propped up. I only care about the AFC East, especially those pre playoff favorites; Buffalo and Miami.
Go Jets

I am glad that the refs missed that call. It's a bullshit rule in the first place.....

D

dabigyear

I am glad that the refs missed that call. It's a bullshit rule in the first place.....

Say again, BS rule? If it was against the Pats it would be a 12 game suspension.
It's legal in tennis and badminton, not football.
If that's the way they're going to play, solution for the rest of the teams on their schedule, RUN UP THE SCORE!!