Around The NFL

D

dabigyear

1) Wrecks may not be in a good mood, the Bills just wet the bed against Cinci.

2) I tole you "run Ivory".

Yipee.

D

dabigyear

Yeah, I mentioned it here before, run Ivory.
You'll hear it more, run Ivory.

D

dabigyear

Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks, Baltimore Ravens: cue the sound of kamikazes diving into the ground from 10,000 feet.

D

dabigyear

Head coach Chuck Pagano is too smart by one half.
The Colts were in a position to be able to win that game, but then, "that's it, we'll win by tricking the Patriots".
Yeah right!

jetkwondo

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Pagano was all in last night, and going toe to toe with the Pats, until that silly play squashed the evening, like someone farting out loud during the big scene of a Broadway play. Just insane to lose the momentum that way!

Hats off to the Colts players for making it an entertaining game and showing that if you stay aggressive, just as Dallas did for a half, you have a chance against the Pats.

Bowles is doing a great job with limiting the penalties which will be needed to beat the Pats. We just have to eliminate the costly fumbles by our playmakers, who to their credit are fighting for extra yards, and we'll have a very good chance of beating them next Sunday.

D

dabigyear

I'm not disappointed with the Colts, their reputation as a good team and Luck's reputation as a good quarterback is really a product of sports writers. Luck has played the Pats 4 times and gotten blown off the field every time, that's not something you see by AFC East teams.

The Seahawks are another phony team propped up by sportswriters.
They should have been beaten by the Lions except for an illegal play that Goodell's incompetent officials let go by on Monday night. It doesn't matter, the coach, the team, and Butterfingers Russell will continue to spiral down to their true altitude. They're a 1 - 3 team masquerading rating as 2- 2.

I don't really care about any of these teams, it's more like please cut the bullbleep of propping up teams that have no business being propped up. I only care about the AFC East, especially those pre playoff favorites; Buffalo and Miami.
Go Jets

I got a rash of crap over this posting, but I was dead on.
The Seahawks are 2-4 and Pagano and the Colts are in 4th down 'Bizarre Mode'.
Even Pittsburg without Ben and Denver with a much weakened Manning are better.
Some of you should just read and accept it as a considered opinion, you don't have to agree with it but you don't have to embarrass yourself.

D

dabigyear

Something very interesting in the standings this year, 19 teams have only won 1 or 2 games to this point.
5 teams have won only won 1 game and 14 teams have won only 2.
Parity, what parity?

D

dabigyear

Pagano was all in last night, and going toe to toe with the Pats, until that silly play squashed the evening, like someone farting out loud during the big scene of a Broadway play. Just insane to lose the momentum that way!

Hats off to the Colts players for making it an entertaining game and showing that if you stay aggressive, just as Dallas did for a half, you have a chance against the Pats.

Bowles is doing a great job with limiting the penalties which will be needed to beat the Pats. We just have to eliminate the costly fumbles by our playmakers, who to their credit are fighting for extra yards, and we'll have a very good chance of beating them next Sunday.

Interesting that teams that can hang with the Patriots for the first half are called "entertaining".
The difference was the Colts used more moving routes: crossing patterns, slants, hitches, etc. It looks like the Pats only planned for Luck's vertical and heave ho routes.

We'll see what Bowles has cooked up for the Foxboro feeding...watch out, Pats love turnovers.
It would be a milestone win because the Pats winning percentage at Foxboro under Belichick is .822 (Cripes!)

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I got a rash of crap over this posting, but I was dead on.
The Seahawks are 2-4 and Pagano and the Colts are in 4th down 'Bizarre Mode'.
Even Pittsburg without Ben and Denver with a much weakened Manning are better.
Some of you should just read and accept it as a considered opinion, you don't have to agree with it but you don't have to embarrass yourself.

the seahawks aren't as good this year.

but that doesn't lessen their accomplishments from the last 3 years. they went 11-5, 13-3 (won the super bowl) and 12-4 (lost in the super bowl).

the 2015 team is a different team. they lost key players on the o-line, lynch has been banged up, chancellor sat out the first 2 games, and had other players leave or get hurt.

you are the one embarrassing yourself with your carrying on in this thread how a coach that won a super bowl and made another one, and who has compiled a 36-12 regular season record with 2 SB appearances the last 3 years is a crappy coach and they are a crappy team. i can only hope todd bowles and the jets have as much success as pete carroll and the seahawks have had the last 3 years.

jetkwondo

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Yes, I enjoy watching other teams take on the Pats as it is entertaining and I have nothing invested if they should lose, which they almost always do. I just love those rare times seeing Tommy boy get flustered and mad when heavy pressure gets him down on the ground and out of his normal comfort level like that first half of the Dallas game. Too bad Romo and Dez weren't there that day as it may have ended differently...

I too am so looking forward to see what Bowles has cooked up as our guys do love them turnovers as well... yes sir they do!

Just another game! I love that mantra!

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
How about some wiggle room, Cam Newton top 8...top 10 quarterbacks. Careful, worshipping false idols.

Just curious if you still think Cam is only a top 8-10 QB after the Seahawks game ? I think he ranks in the top 5 easily.

Go Jets...Cyborg

D

dabigyear

I stick with what I said about Carroll and the Seahawks, I'm not surprised at people sticking to their opinion here, people here, still want Ryan, Geno, Sanchez back. I loved Weeb Eubank, can we get a resurrection?

Pagano? I predict he'll last the year.

Cam Newton, eight is not far off from 5, especially this year, there's so much quarterback movement up there with Luck, Peyton, Russell, Ben. I take Brees, Ben, and Flacco, those are my favorite also ran quarterbacks...balsy guys.

During football season with Dallas it's always coulda, shoulda, woulda. No matter what team, no matter what year, I would never sweat Dallas...never, ever, ever.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I stick with what I said about Carroll and the Seahawks, I'm not surprised at people sticking to their opinion here, people here, still want Ryan, Geno, Sanchez back. I loved Weeb Eubank, can we get a resurrection?

so you are sticking with your opinion that a team that went 11-5, 13-3 and 12-4 the last 3 years and won 1 SB and lost another was a "crappy team" led by a "crappy coach"???

what is happening to them this year is irrelevant. i was solely discussing the recent history of the team and will grant that they seemingly took a major step back this year. but it is beyond absurd to state that they are a crappy team and carroll is a crappy coach based on their results the last 3 seasons.

as to ryan, geno, sanchez, etc..., i have no clue whatsoever what that has to do with this discussion. seems more like trolling on your behalf...

D

dabigyear

so you are sticking with your opinion that a team that went 11-5, 13-3 and 12-4 the last 3 years and won 1 SB and lost another was a "crappy team" led by a "crappy coach"???

what is happening to them this year is irrelevant. i was solely discussing the recent history of the team and will grant that they seemingly took a major step back this year. but it is beyond absurd to state that they are a crappy team and carroll is a crappy coach based on their results the last 3 seasons.

as to ryan, geno, sanchez, etc..., i have no clue whatsoever what that has to do with this discussion. seems more like trolling on your behalf...

I'm tried to get across that some teams reach a level that is elevated by the press, "the legion of boom".
A good example is the St. Louis Rams, "the greatest show on turf" after they lost, crickets.
You don't get, you don't get it.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm tried to get across that some teams reach a level that is elevated by the press, "the legion of boom".
A good example is the St. Louis Rams, "the greatest show on turf" after they lost, crickets.
You don't get, you don't get it.

so winning the super bowl and coming seconds away from repeating was the press' doing???

sure the press may hype them up. but they were a great, great team the last 3 years and this wasn't the result of the press. this was the result of them winning on the football field.

i judge teams by on-field actions and results, not press clipping.

D

dabigyear

How about that Rex Ryan, huh?
Took his last team at 9 - 7 and ended it at 4 - 12.
Took this new one at 9 - 7, anyone want to predict where this one will end up?
The players have started talking, means there's trouble in paradise.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Percy Harvin Contemplating Retirement

Percy Harvin Contemplating Retirement

I'll throw this in the "Around the NFL" Thread after but i thought it was newsworthy.

I was one of the few that wanted Harvin to stay with the team. Him, Marshall and Decker would have been a top WR corp.

Well, thank god i am not a GM.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/657182716732030976[/TWEET]

J

JoeyStylez

I wanted to keep Harvin too, but not at the $10 million he was asking for. Mac made a good choice to let him walk. If I was Percy, I'd consider retirement too. He's got a ring and made millions, may as well hang it up now and enjoy a healthy rich life

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I wanted to keep Harvin too, but not at the $10 million he was asking for. Mac made a good choice to let him walk. If I was Percy, I'd consider retirement too. He's got a ring and made millions, may as well hang it up now and enjoy a healthy rich life

Bills will be without Tyrod Taylor, Sammy Watkins, and Percy Harvin.

Take the Jaguars and the points.