Around The NFL

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
The Seahawks are another phony team propped up by sportswriters.
They should have been beaten by the Lions except for an illegal play that Goodell's incompetent officials let go by on Monday night. It doesn't matter, the coach, the team, and Butterfingers Russell will continue to spiral down to their true altitude. They're a 1 - 3 team masquerading rating as 2- 2.

I don't really care about any of these teams, it's more like please cut the bullbleep of propping up teams that have no business being propped up. I only care about the AFC East, especially those pre playoff favorites; Buffalo and Miami.
Go Jets

it's funny that you have this vendetta against the seahawks. i guess winning one super bowl and almost winning another one shows they are a crappy team being propped up by sportswriters. i hope the jets one day can make consecutive super bowls, winning one, so that we can be as "crappy' as carroll and the seahawks.

btw - while the refs did miss the call, i fail to see how the seahawks stole the game or the lions should have won the game. if the ball just rolled through the endzone, the seahawks get the ball. if the ball bounced off a defender and out of the endzone, the seahawks get the ball. there wasn't a lions player near the ball, certainly not one who would have been in position to recover the fumble and establish possession with the ball before going out of bounds.

so yes, the refs missed a call. but the lions didn't get robbed. they fumbled the ball on the 1 and if the seahawk player just made an attempt to recover the fumble and knocked it out of bounds, it's seattle's ball.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
it's funny that you have this vendetta against the seahawks. i guess winning one super bowl and almost winning another one shows they are a crappy team being propped up by sportswriters. i hope the jets one day can make consecutive super bowls, winning one, so that we can be as "crappy' as carroll and the seahawks.

btw - while the refs did miss the call, i fail to see how the seahawks stole the game or the lions should have won the game. if the ball just rolled through the endzone, the seahawks get the ball. if the ball bounced off a defender and out of the endzone, the seahawks get the ball. there wasn't a lions player near the ball, certainly not one who would have been in position to recover the fumble and establish possession with the ball before going out of bounds.

so yes, the refs missed a call. but the lions didn't get robbed. they fumbled the ball on the 1 and if the seahawk player just made an attempt to recover the fumble and knocked it out of bounds, it's seattle's ball.

Thanks Hobson. This is exactly my thinking.

D

dabigyear

It's not a little known rule at all.

YOU CANNOT BAT, PUSH, SHOVE, OR KICK A LOOSE FOOTBALL ON THE FIELD OF PLAY OR IN THE END ZONE, PERIOD!

Otherwise loose, fumbled balls would be intentionally kicked or otherwise hit in some way to advance the football or keep the other team from recovering the football. It's a rule in football, your thinking of soccer.

The Seahawks are an average team with a lousy head coach. He proved it at the Patriots, the Jets and now the Seahawks.
They won a Super bowl and almost one another, wow!

Buffalo and Minnesota almost won 4 Super Bowls! The Patriots have won 4 and almost won 2 others. and played in another!
This team was picked by tons of writers to be in the Super Bowl...and I almost forgot they have Jimmy Graham, a TE that doesn't do blocking...what can go wrong? They're 2 - 2 one win by cheating!

The Lions would have had first down with the ball on the one yard line.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

Remember, his team played against the Seahawks in last year's Super Bowl. I think that's where his Seahawks hatred developed.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Say again, BS rule? If it was against the Pats it would be a 12 game suspension.
It's legal in tennis and badminton, not football.
If that's the way they're going to play, solution for the rest of the teams on their schedule, RUN UP THE SCORE!!

Hmmmm...awfully sympathetic toward the Pats. And you reference them a whole lot in various posts.

D

dabigyear

Remember, his team played against the Seahawks in last year's Super Bowl. I think that's where his Seahawks hatred developed.

No, it's not hate, the team isn't as good as the press has built it up to be and it's never been that good.

I'm calling the team for what it is. It or the Packers were picked to go to the Super Bowl this year. Stop listening to these stupid ass "experts" that talk like know more than anyone. They're paid to write bullshit.

The Seahawks alleged super defense let 14 points scored in the 2nd half while having a 10 point lead to the Patriots and I didn't think the patriots were all that strong either.
The Seahawks is a full of shit team, with a full of shit QB, and a full of shit head coach.

And I couldn't care less about the Patriots, but they sure do beat the shit out of a lot of teams.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
wow...never seen anyone with some obvious ax to grind about seattle

did pete carroll steal your milk money as a kid???

btw - last 3 years they've been 11-5 (lost in divisional round of playoffs), 13-3 (won super bowl), and 12-4 (lost in super bowl)

yup sounds like a POS team to me... :stoned-smiley:

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
wow...never seen anyone with some obvious ax to grind about seattle

did pete carroll steal your milk money as a kid???

btw - last 3 years they've been 11-5 (lost in divisional round of playoffs), 13-3 (won super bowl), and 12-4 (lost in super bowl)

yup sounds like a POS team to me... :stoned-smiley:

If only the jets were as shitty

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jetspress/status/652163595837374464[/TWEET]

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
good thing we grabbed Kacy Rodgers when we had the chance.

dolphins fired their DC today. this is their replacement...

Dolphins promoted DBs coach Lou Anarumo to defensive coordinator.
The Dolphins either struck out on or didn't pursue open-market options like Jim Schwartz. The Dolphins' secondary has been far from elite the past two seasons, but was about league average in 2014. It's hard to see how anyone could be a downgrade on Kevin Coyle, who seemed over his head. Interim coach Dan Campbell wants to instill a fire-and-brimstone attitude. He clearly thinks Anarumo is the best man for the job. Anarumo last coordinated a defense for the "U.S. Merchant Marine Academy" from 1992-94.

D

dabigyear

When the Cowboys were great I followed them, same thing with Pittsburg, same thing with Packers, same with Miami, etc.
You people play "Make-a-believe football" and believe all the bullshit Bucky Brooks and all the experts, who don't know anything. tell you.

For the last 5 years I've been yelling for this team to get rid of Sanchez, Ryan, and Geno and I was right all along. The Seahawks, Colts, and Ravens ain't shit and it doesn't have anything to do with anyone else.

Go play Make-A-Believe with Pete Carroll and Fumbles Russell.

See you folks don't appreciate Pete Carroll's true genius. He was here, yup,
we suffered him for a whole year and he went 5 -11 or 6 - 10...and then he went right out the door. He's a great cheerleader and a shitty pro head coach.
Nothing has ever really changed with him, you know he'll do something baffling, it's just when.

D

dabigyear

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jetspress/status/652163595837374464[/TWEET]

Your writing about the Patriots, so you must be a Pats fan.

Incidentally, the site has rules regarding conduct, calling members a POS, is an excellent way to get yourself banned!!!!!

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Incidentally, the site has rules regarding conduct, calling members a POS, is an excellent way to get yourself banned!!!!!

i guess we shouldn't expect reading comprehension from someone who doesn't know the difference between your and you're.

no one called anyone a POS. although since you bring it up... :dancing-poop:

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

Lewis is a good find.

As for name calling, I didn't see any....

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I am glad the Jets didn't trade for Mallet. (I think people proposed that)
He's been nothing but a whiny little girl on the Texans since his benching. Truly unstable.