Around The NFL

U

ucrenegade

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 18s19 seconds ago

Dolphins are releasing LB Philip Wheeler with a post June 1 designation, per source.

U

ucrenegade

Brian retweeted
Corey Griffin ‏@CoreyGriffinNBC 5m5 minutes ago

Seems inevitable at this point RT @NBCdianna: Soon as Brandon Marshall passes his physical, I'm told The Jets will cut Percy Harvin. #Jets
0 replies 3 retweets 0 favorites

U

ucrenegade

Nick Johnson retweeted
Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 1h1 hour ago

League sources say the #Jets are also seeking defensive end visits.
0 replies 8 retweets 3 favorites

U

ucrenegade

Erik from @JetsTwit retweeted
Drew Boylhart ‏@DrewBoylhart 2m2 minutes ago

RUMOR; #Saints are not expected to re-sign free agent CB Patrick Robinson. #nfl
0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite

U

ucrenegade

Tom retweeted
Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 4m4 minutes ago

Source: The #Bills have interest in Dolphins starting TE Charles Clay. Team placed a transition tag on Clay, allows right to match offers.
0 replies 5 retweets 2 favorites

U

ucrenegade

MEET JOE BLACK retweeted
NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors 49s50 seconds ago

Report: Dolphins To Release LB Dannell Ellerbe Soon http://bit.ly/1HdN1Py
0 replies 2 retweets 0 favorites

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
I like Jackson. He got off to a slow start in his career, and it seems as if that's all anyone remembers. He actually graded out higher than Maxwell did this past season.

My son told me Maxwell might not be a good fit for Jets anyway..he says they play bump and run like Rex is Bowles and he is more cover 2 guy....He said on NFL network when he was on he stated this..best fits are actually Jacksonville (BRADLEY from SEATTLE) and Tennessee..

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Jerry Hughes - DL - Bills
Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Bills are working to keep free agent DE Jerry Hughes, but "it's looking like a bidding situation."
With Justin Houston and Jason Pierre-Paul off the market, Hughes is locked in as this year's premier edge rusher. At this point, it would take a huge offer from Buffalo to keep him from reaching free agency. The Bills are expected to move to a 3-4 under Rex Ryan, leaving Manny Lawson as the in-house favorite to replace Hughes.

Adrian Clayborn - DL - Buccaneers
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler hears the Cowboys, Falcons, Seahawks, Vikings, and Giants have all shown preliminary interest in free agent DE Adrian Clayborn.
Clayborn missed almost all of 2014 with a torn biceps tendon, but doesn't turn 27 until July and could at very least help a team as a rotational end. A medical concern, Clayborn also missed most of 2012 with an ACL tear.

Charles Clay - TE - Dolphins
ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the Bills have interest in transition tagged TE Charles Clay.
The Bills would likely need to overpay to sign Clay, as the Dolphins have the right to match any offer. Clay has averaged 64 catches over the last two seasons. Miami won't receive any compensation if he signs elsewhere.
Related: Bills

Pernell McPhee - LB - Ravens
NBC Washington reports the Cardinals view free agent OLB Pernell McPhee as a healthy replacement to Darnell Dockett.
McPhee has been mostly an outside linebacker the last two seasons, but can rush the passer from multiple spots. In Arizona, he has potential to play both end and edge rusher opposite Alex Okafor. McPhee is expected to approach $10 million annually on the open market.
Related: Cardinals
Source

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
My son told me Maxwell might not be a good fit for Jets anyway..he says they play bump and run like Rex is Bowles and he is more cover 2 guy....He said on NFL network when he was on he stated this..best fits are actually Jacksonville (BRADLEY from SEATTLE) and Tennessee..

Bowles plays a man/man defense with a single high safety just like Rex. He doesn't play cover 2 which is why Macc is going after cb's. However, unlike Rex, Bowles would(and has) adjust his scheme to fit the personnel that he has.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Albert Breer retweeted
Field Yates @FieldYates · 1h1 hour ago

Piggybacking off @AdamSchefter's report of 49ers LB Aldon Smith restructuring his deal, here are the details of it.

B_hc4VDUIAEijte.png:large