Around The NFL

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Adam Caplan retweeted
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 4m4 minutes ago

Texans take one of the top CBs off the market, reaching agreement with Kareem Jackson on 4-year deal, per source.

Damn.............

I'd think the focus would be on Maxwell, Revis, and Cromartie now. We've got serious competition for Maxwell, and probably Revis, too. I really hope we come out of this by late week with at least Cromartie. McCourty is another DB I'd love. He'd be a perfect fit alongside Pryor.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Sign Cro quick, it's a done deal and quarantees they don't get caught with nothing. Takes little energy for Bowles to call cro while mac calls revis etc.

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Now that Kareem Jackson is off the market it's going to be a war with Philadelphia (both the Jets and Eagles need 2 CB's) to sign the remaining top tier CB's on the market (Maxwell, Culliver, Cromartie, probably Revis). Both teams have a lot of cash to spend. Get ready to overpay but that is the price of doing business in the NFL with 20M more in cap space over the last two years.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Now that Kareem Jackson is off the market it's going to be a war with Philadelphia (both the Jets and Eagles need 2 CB's) to sign the remaining top tier CB's on the market (Maxwell, Culliver, Cromartie, probably Revis). Both teams have a lot of cash to spend. Get ready to overpay but that is the price of doing business in the NFL with 20M more in cap space over the last two years.

Mike, Keep an eye on Davon House CB from the Packers. Based on the interview I heard with Maxwell, it sounds like he wants to play for the Eagles.

Go Jets...Cyborg

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Revis and Maxwell are gonna get PAID. I just hope Macc can convince one of them to come to the Jets.

We need one of these players badly. And don't think they both don't know it. Either one, and Cromartie, and the CB position is settled.

U

ucrenegade

Don't forget davon house would also be nice and it looks like the eagles cb that stayed overnight will be signed also.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't see the love affair with Cromartie. It reminds me of the love affair fans had with Braylon Edwards. It's all about what he had done as a Jet in the past.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I don't see the love affair with Cromartie. It reminds me of the love affair fans had with Braylon Edwards. It's all about what he had done as a Jet in the past.
He adds cheap depth in a unit that is worthless. And is a great teammate.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Do we know how cheap he will be? And is he what we really need? He's not really a #1 , and a legit #1 would allow Milliner to be the #2 , and McDougle or another CB to be the nickel.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Cromartie had a bounce back year following his injury-riddled season the previous year in NY. That's boosted his status for sure. I'm thinking Cro would be a system fit under Bowles, a seamless transition. And he's 31, which contrary to popular opinion isn't exactly geriatric. Like Marshall, he's got a few good years left, and at a position of dire need for the Jets.

If the Jets land Maxwell or Revis, I'm fine without Cro. But Maxwell and Revis are going to have many suitors.